Unfair,Overpowerd and Unbalanced weapons

49 posts

Flag Post

The pump shotgun for gunners kills too fast, the majority of people are starting to use it, soon this game will become all about the shotgun and there will be no more fun in playing this. I’ve got 5 permanent weapons that i purchased with Kreds, that right there is worth more then 50 dollars. can you guys please Nerf the shotgun, it outclasses every single other gun in the game, it kills gunners with less then 7 shots, kills scouts with 3-4 and can as well kill a tank pretty fast. It does not give a fair advantage to those who have not experienced the game fully, and some people decide they cant take any more bull crap from the shogun and they quick the game!! FreeRangeGams, me and all other players who are new or dont use the shotgun and feel oppressed by it are begging you guys to Nerf this gun!
Sincerally, me and all players who play fare.

Flag Post

well if you nerf it, pls don’t make it like the combat pistol….i got the thing perm. atleast keep it where it’s not below auto.

And it’s not as OP as you make it sound. I played earlier today using AR against 3 shotgunners and some tanks/scouts and still kept a positive k/d.

If you nerf it, take either a little dmg away or some range away. but not the stun. that makes the shotgun unique.

Flag Post

Cloak, i’ve played with you before and i can positively say that you are one of those players who uses the shotgun. You say its not OP, yet i have hit a gunner to half there life, but as soon as they look at me with a shotgun i’m done. Its not fare for the begginers or those who like to play fare. it outclasses the auto shotgun, the flamethrower, the flare and everything else.

Flag Post

Yes, i have a shotgun. no, i have not said that it is not op. I know it is a little OP. I’m just tired of so many people complaining so much. constantly. frg knows, so let it be. there will be change. accept what it is right now and wait. but stop complaining every game. And i’m not about to be one of you people who go around complaining every match.
It does not outclass any of the weapons without skill. you can’t just stand there and shoot if you are going against a flame or plasma or flare or sonic. you have to know how to move and stuff. you can’t beat flame unless you move out of it’s range. you can’t beat flare unless you move and try to dodge it or stun the scout. you can beat auto depending on range/stun. but it’s not a given kill like you say it is.

Flag Post

i use shotgun, its my secondary weapon (my first is sniper) and yes it is op (you heard that from a shotgun user). The changes to be made are for sure damage and range (just a little) to balance it with the other guns. You cant reduce just damage because that will make it like the combat pistol (not worthy) and you cant just reduce the range because its very strong.
on a side not if you use the weak point you can easily defeat someone with a shotgun, and that is range, some one with a plasma pistol shooting from a large distance can defeat it. There are also other ways, but just don’t get close dammit! …

Flag Post

The shotgun is ridiculously OP, so much so that if there is one shotgunner in a lobby I will not use the scout because odds are, I will get hit once from a range, then mega hit again and be stunned and then hit 1-2 more times and die, while the gunner laughs at 200+ hp.

If there are 2 gunners in a room I won’t use the tech at all (I can avoid one, but not two). It actually outdoes my Sonic Disrupter stun wise. Around 50% of the time I’ll get a hit in and then bomb (On the other 50 in which I don’t I’m instantly screwed), by then the gunner has typically come back with around 200 hp, he then shoots and usually stuns. From there I am scrreeeewed. I’ve beaten a couple shotgunning gunners, but it costs me a few bombs and is almost always an ambush.

Not only that but I have seen it hit over 300 with MD.

Gunners destroy me as a tank with the HMG, 90% of the time I will have to use my Q when against shotgunners. This is waay too much considering they usually have 150+ hp at that time.

I mainly want the stun removed, if that goes idc if the damage or range stays the same, because I’ll actually be able to get some decent hits in.

on a side not if you use the weak point you can easily defeat someone with a shotgun, and that is range, some one with a plasma pistol shooting from a large distance can defeat it. There are also other ways,

You can’t easily defeat someone with a shotgun using range. Odds are the gunner can retreat or snipe you then.

but just don’t get close dammit! …

Since you say you only play gunner I’ll forgive for that comment. But just so you know, the gunner is just about the only long range class in the game. At a pinch the scout can sorta be, but most of its damage comes from its bombing, kicking and chopping combo’s. The Tank is a super close range class, as seen by its weapons and the tech is a close range because it can’t really leave its suppressor without it dying, and its weapons are all short range.

Not getting close isn’t really an option, especially in a closed in map such as shuttle bay. It is OP, there is no doubt about it.

Flag Post

Its not OP to gunners because AR can out range it, its OP to tanks,techs and expecally scouts.

Flag Post
Originally posted by joshthekiller:

Its not OP to gunners because AR can out range it, its OP to tanks,techs and expecally scouts.

It is STILL OP to Gunners even if AR outranges it. Honestly speaking, in Shuttle Bay, forget about being able to use your AR’s range properly against a Shotgun, since there’s almost no space. In Training Facility, I doubt the Shotgunner would just stick around and let you shoot him till he dies. He’s probably going to charge you, shoot you 4 times, and laugh as you die. In Moon Base, the CP would get pwned by Shotgunners, seeing as it hits EVERYTHING in it’s range, unlike AR and SMG, which can only hit one target at a time.

Flag Post
Originally posted by shadowex1650:
Originally posted by joshthekiller:

in Shuttle Bay, forget about being able to use your AR’s range properly against a Shotgun, since there’s almost no space.

Hey! i used AR in shuttle bay just now against qwerty and another shotgunner with some scouts and tanks. I only came halfway, but ended 8-4 (most of the time i was talking), 5 of which were AR kills. positive k/d ftw. 1of the deaths was a type kill as well.

Flag Post

my point was: Shotgun is op, reduce damage and range just a little to balance it.

Flag Post
Originally posted by diegozil:

my point was: Shotgun is op, reduce damage and range just a little to balance it.

Yes. not too much though.

Flag Post

this is a great example of why i stopped playing the game until the update comes out…. people saying everything they don’t know how to kill is OP… Gex kills(ed) me constantly with tech when i have(had) shotgun…

Flag Post

basic if you play smart, i can kill any class with 200+ hp with the shotgun, as long as the other person doesn’t know how to kill somebody with a shotgun. if i happen to get screwed near the hp on the bottom of the facility, and a tank grabs the HP before i do i shoot him twice, scare him into bubbling and then run to the bottom of the dome, avoiding his shots. grab the next hp that comes up and kill him. you. just. have. to. play. smart.

Flag Post

English please Sixteen, I can’t read your 2nd post at all.

Originally posted by M_Sixteen:

this is a great example of why i stopped playing the game until the update comes out…. people saying everything they don’t know how to kill is OP… Gex kills(ed) me constantly with tech when i have(had) shotgun…

Lol…. I have the sonic disrupter, so I know how to kill gex easily. Stun him, then he loses his SD and from there he is screwed. Shotgun on the other hand doesn’t have a charge up or something similar that can be disrupted causing its attacks to become invalid. All it has to do is shoot. It doesn’t have to worry about a huge reload (like the flare gun), a charge up (plasma pistol [not so much now though], Sonic Disrupter) or a short range (Flame, minigun, Sonic).

It basically has the best of all the worlds, damage, stun and fire rate.

Flag Post

reduce the stun change of shotgun!! the dmg is good but the change of stun is too high

Flag Post

I wont say which player but he got normal for begginner 5/10 scores always sometimes 5/4 etc he buys shotgun he goes 20 something/0 versus other team i was in same team as him
when i was against him i used tank and his shotgun destroyed q shield with 2 shots and hammer shield didnt even work versus it
non mega dmg shotgun can kill tank in 3 or 4 shots with q shield you add 2 more shots it just shows you how much its strong can you imagine it with mega or hyper charge dmg
usually to burst q shield of tank earlier you need half of team even snipers with mega dmg cant burst q shield during its duration believe me i tried
lets not forget its constant stun and huge spread

Flag Post

Nerf it to the max, and bring back the 4 clips instead of 6.

Flag Post

Mega damage shotguns are different…… Mega dmg makes just about anything OP. For example, if I got the first shot in with MD against a shot gunner with MD, I would win.

I personally don’t like MD, but meh.

Flag Post
Originally posted by chriserit:

reduce the stun change of shotgun!! the dmg is good but the change of stun is too high

the chance to stun is the chance to get crits. it only stuns when it crits.

Flag Post
Originally posted by basicbasic:

Mega damage shotguns are different…… Mega dmg makes just about anything OP. For example, if I got the first shot in with MD against a shot gunner with MD, I would win.

I personally don’t like MD, but meh.

i didnt talk about mega dmg shotguns but about non mega dmg shotguns

Flag Post

You forget to mention that I’m not the average tech user 16. I use 2 weapons and forgo my healing ability (not counting the nano boost). I can only kill you if I can ambush you properly, and even then I’m left almost dead and with no bombs left most of the time (if I don’t die first of course).

Originally posted by basicbasic:

English please Sixteen, I can’t read your 2nd post at all.

Lol…. I have the sonic disrupter, so I know how to kill gex easily. Stun him, then he loses his SD and from there he is screwed. Shotgun on the other hand doesn’t have a charge up or something similar that can be disrupted causing its attacks to become invalid. All it has to do is shoot. It doesn’t have to worry about a huge reload (like the flare gun), a charge up (plasma pistol [not so much now though], Sonic Disrupter) or a short range (Flame, minigun, Sonic).

It basically has the best of all the worlds, damage, stun and fire rate.

Also, basic is right, shotgun has the highest fire rate of all stunning weapons and I believe the most damage as well.

Flag Post

I think we need to ask what is the purpose of the weapon.

The Gunner already has a weapon with high close range dps (AR unsighted, crouched).

If the purpose of the shotgun is to give the Gunner a knockback weapon with a chance to stun, then so be it. But don’t make that same weapon the Gunner’s best option for damage.

I can’t speak about what the intended mechanic for the Assault Pistol and Auto-Shotgun are, because I’ve never played with those weapons for gunner. But I would think they should have unique aspects that make them interesting weapon choices.

I think the shotgun should lose it’s damage, but still be useful for shooting at enemies chasing the gunner (stuns and pushbacks aiding in the gunner’s escape).

Remember that the gunner isn’t really meant to push like a tank, but oftentimes it comes across that way.

Flag Post

I suggest this:

Gunner

• AR: the speed of the burst while lock on is to slow it should be upgraded a little.
  • Combat Pistol: The damage and range are to low.
  • Auto SG: This one is fine, they did a nice nerf on it.
  • Shotgun : The clip needs to be 5, the range needs to be lowered
  • Sniper : This one is pretty much the most balanced weapon, since it doesn’t has a lock on.

Scout

• Flare Gun: needs more accuaracy
  • Hail Raiser : its ok
  • Plasma Pistol: its ok

Tech

The only worth-buying weapon is the pulser.

Tank

• MiniGun: the nerf was to exaggerated, it did needed a nerf but not that much.
  • Heavy Shotgun: as the auto shotgun got a range reduce shotgun and heavy shotgun need a range reduce.

Diegozil was here!

Flag Post

I suggest this:

Gunner

• AR: the speed of the burst while lock on is to slow it should be upgraded a little.
  • Sniper : This one is pretty much the most balanced weapon, since it doesn’t has a lock on.

Scout

Tech

Tank

• Heavy Shotgun: as the auto shotgun got a range reduce shotgun and heavy shotgun need a range reduce.

Diegozil was here!

Why didn’t you put anything for sonic disruptor for tech?

scout: really… a buff for flare? maybe a tiny nerf for plasma. tiny. hail raiser should change the freeze graphic affect, creates horrible lag for some people.

tank: what about flame? buckler? hmg?

Flag Post
Originally posted by cloakerx:

I suggest this:

Gunner

Scout

Tech

Tank

Diegozil was here!

Why didn’t you put anything for sonic disruptor for tech?

scout: really… a buff for flare? maybe a tiny nerf for plasma. tiny. hail raiser should change the freeze graphic affect, creates horrible lag for some people.

tank: what about flame? buckler? hmg?

Don’t forget the orb caster for tech as well.