Unfair,Overpowerd and Unbalanced weapons page 2

49 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by gexsiun:
Originally posted by cloakerx:
Originally posted by diegozil:

I suggest this:

Gunner

• AR: the speed of the burst while lock on is to slow it should be upgraded a little.
  • Combat Pistol: The damage and range are to low.
  • Auto SG: This one is fine, they did a nice nerf on it.
  • Shotgun : The clip needs to be 5, the range needs to be lowered
  • Sniper : This one is pretty much the most balanced weapon, since it doesn’t has a lock on.

Scout

• Flare Gun: needs more accuaracy
  • Hail Raiser : its ok
  • Plasma Pistol: its ok

Tech

The only worth-buying weapon is the pulser.

Tank

• MiniGun: the nerf was to exaggerated, it did needed a nerf but not that much.
  • Heavy Shotgun: as the auto shotgun got a range reduce shotgun and heavy shotgun need a range reduce.

Diegozil was here!

Why didn’t you put anything for sonic disruptor for tech?

scout: really… a buff for flare? maybe a tiny nerf for plasma. tiny. hail raiser should change the freeze graphic affect, creates horrible lag for some people.

tank: what about flame? buckler? hmg?

Don’t forget the orb caster for tech as well.

Orb needs buff, flare needs a nerf i guess, its been doing alot of damage lately, Plasma needs to be cleaned up its sloppy and it needs a slight nerf. Shotgun needs a MEGA NERF, AR needs a slight buff, minigun needs to be buffed badly, ion needs a buff, heavy is good, auto is good, sonic is good.
That’s about it for the weapon balance please correct me if i missed something or i said something needed to be nerfed when it didn’t or needed to be buff when it didn’t.

Flag Post

The Gunner already has a weapon with high close range dps (AR unsighted, crouched).

The shotgun also deals good damage like that. It mega stuns. The purpose of the AR isn’t solely for that, if it was then they might as well increase its fire rate slightly and reduce its range to 20-25m. If anything the shotgun should be the short range high dps and the AR the longer range, though I can’t see how they could incorporate a stun with that.

AR: the speed of the burst while lock on is to slow it should be upgraded a little.

Its actually pretty good as it is. If we moved it up it would completely destroy scouts and techs.

Shotgun : The clip needs to be 5, the range needs to be lowered

The range isn’t even the problem. Idgaf if someone can hit a 20 from 40m’s away. I only care if they can hit a 100+ and stun whenever I am within 20m of them.

Flare Gun: needs more accuaracy

No it doesn’t. If that was the case then you’d have to buff the hail, pulser and HMG to do the same. Then we’d have 4 pretty strong/OP weps on our hands.

The only worth-buying weapon is the pulser.

SD is very good, also you can’t buy pulser and even then its not buy worthy.

MiniGun: the nerf was to exaggerated, it did needed a nerf but not that much.
Heavy Shotgun: as the auto shotgun got a range reduce shotgun and heavy shotgun need a range reduce.

Minigun, I agree.

Hvy Shotty, see my shotty comment.

Flag Post

they shouldnt nerf the shotty they should make it expensive so players who buys it will be less

Flag Post
Originally posted by yuriyigit:

they shouldnt nerf the shotty they should make it expensive so players who buys it will be less

Just no…..

Flag Post

why ? flamer is 575 make the shotty 500 for example ? .

Flag Post
Originally posted by yuriyigit:

why ? flamer is 575 make the shotty 500 for example ? .

Because it changes nothing. I already have the shotty, as do most players. All this will do is make it harder to newer players to get it even furthering the gap between experienced and new players. It will also make more new players leave and most of the ones that stay will cashflow.

Flag Post

you are right. :(

Flag Post

shotgun needs double lower stun and dmg reduction with shooting rate lowered,wouldnt be bad if they lowered range too
and even after that it will be strong as currently 2 shots destroy q shield of tank (not possible with any other weapon even if they are mega charged)and make supposedly undestroyable hammer shield irrelevant,coming to 2-3 opposite players from back with shotgun means you will leave unharmed due to spread it has
shotgun is plain and simple overpowered and sure nerfing it will make some people rage but people wont dodge the room when they see someone using it and even after these nerfs it will be strong for kills
and another thing less people will feel forced to cash flow if it gets nerfed

Flag Post

Honestly, I think Gunner weapons should be mechanically capable of the following:

Shotgun: Low Rate of Fire, High Damage, Large Pushback, No Stun
(This would be… a nerf to Rate of Fire and to the Stun, but a buff to the pushback)

This would make it easier for the gunner to escape when confronted by a scout or a tank.

Combat Pistol: While at close range, the AR should have the highest DPS of any of the gunner’s weapons, the Combat Pistol should be a medium range weapon with solid DPS. The Rate of fire would be relatively fast, and the damage would be ~90 a shot (before armor calculations).

Auto Shotgun: Medium damage, Medium rate of fire, a small pushback, no stun.

The Auto Shotgun should be what the gunner uses when he wants to go head to head with other high damage classes in a close range environment. Note that there is still a pushback, but not very large. Should have much lower DPS than the shotgun does now.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Dual_Smoke:

Honestly, I think Gunner weapons should be mechanically capable of the following:

Shotgun: Low Rate of Fire, High Damage, Large Pushback, No Stun
(This would be… a nerf to Rate of Fire and to the Stun, but a buff to the pushback)

This would make it easier for the gunner to escape when confronted by a scout or a tank.

Combat Pistol: While at close range, the AR should have the highest DPS of any of the gunner’s weapons, the Combat Pistol should be a medium range weapon with solid DPS. The Rate of fire would be relatively fast, and the damage would be ~90 a shot (before armor calculations).

Auto Shotgun: Medium damage, Medium rate of fire, a small pushback, no stun.

The Auto Shotgun should be what the gunner uses when he wants to go head to head with other high damage classes in a close range environment. Note that there is still a pushback, but not very large. Should have much lower DPS than the shotgun does now.

Refer to my suggestions about an alternative play style for pistol. I forget which thread it was in, but I’ll find it in a sec.

Flag Post
Originally posted by speakofsilence:
Well, like you’re doing with the Orb Caster, I was just thinking that instead of increasing the pistol’s damage the pistol should have some extra perk. As it is, it’s the most useless gunner weapon with all the nerfs. Instead of just boosting damage and making it just another generic weapon, why not just make it unique?

What I meant by the pistol whip was sort of like another melee ability, but more of a mobility thing. While yes, interchangeable abilities would be cool, the pistol whip would be unique to the pistol: pressing r after shooting at least 1 bullet from a clip both reloads and throws your arm out for a quick attack (longer than a passive reload though). The pistol whip changes momentum like the tech kick did and causes a small fallstun. If you reload passively, you don’t get the pistol whip. Also, you run faster with the pistol.

Essentially this buffs the pistol enough to make it viable. You give up the power of the shotguns and the speed/range of the AR but you gain mobility (since you run faster and the pistol whip can help you change directions/go around corners faster).

Alternative idea for pistol change.

Flag Post

I like that, I just couldn’t think of a unique mechanic to give to the Assault Pistol. I like the idea you gave, but the pistol whip seems to be either really good (easy to abuse) or really weak (never going to be used). I say this because of the fact that the pistol whip is melee range, which the gunner generally tries to avoid due to the high damage of the scout and the staying power of the Tank. Also, a passive speed increase seems to be sprinkling sparkly dust over an otherwise turd of a weapon.

How about a debuff that the Combat Pistol applies on hit?

Maybe a “increased damage dealt to this target”, or a “the target has all healing received reduced by X%” ?

Flag Post

Gunners don’t need any debuffs with pistol. But the other ideas I agree with. I think just focusing on the shotgun and nerfing that is fine. Gunners don’t need any buffs. Scouts don’t need any buffs. Tanks don’t need any buffs. Techs might need some buffs (ion blaster).

Flag Post
Originally posted by Sizrek:

Gunners don’t need any debuffs with pistol. But the other ideas I agree with. I think just focusing on the shotgun and nerfing that is fine. Gunners don’t need any buffs. Scouts don’t need any buffs. Tanks don’t need any buffs. Techs might need some buffs (ion blaster).

Gunners as a whole may not need buffs, but they may need some of their weak weapons to be redesigned. Every weapon should have a purpose.

Right now, why would you choose to buy the Combat Pistol over the Assault Rifle?

The Auto Shotgun over the Shotgun?

Questions like that need to be asked so that the class roles can be more clearly outlined.

Flag Post

Gunners as a whole may not need buffs, but they may need some of their weak weapons to be redesigned. Every weapon should have a purpose.

Right now, why would you choose to buy the Combat Pistol over the Assault Rifle?

The Auto Shotgun over the Shotgun?

Questions like that need to be asked so that the class roles can be more clearly outlined.

yes, I agree with Dual. and, if you want ti to have a buff, i’d recommend something like increased damage to the hit target (stacks to a certain extent) or target has reduced slightly reduced damage and defense.

And for the increased damage one, they’d have to make it to where maybe combat pistol still wouldn’t do as much dmg as the other guns even with it, but anyone else who hits the target while effect is active does more dmg. so like more dmg increase dealt by others rather than you. You’d have to make it balanced.

Flag Post

I like that, I just couldn’t think of a unique mechanic to give to the Assault Pistol. I like the idea you gave, but the pistol whip seems to be either really good (easy to abuse) or really weak (never going to be used). I say this because of the fact that the pistol whip is melee range, which the gunner generally tries to avoid due to the high damage of the scout and the staying power of the Tank. Also, a passive speed increase seems to be sprinkling sparkly dust over an otherwise turd of a weapon.

Maybe a “increased damage dealt to this target”, or a “the target has all healing received reduced by X%” ?

The reason for the increased speed and the pistol whip is really as a mobility buff, not an offensive buff. It’d be more of an easy getaway gun than one for staying power or offense. I don’t necessarily like the idea of a debuff for the pistol because it seems counter to the gunner’s feel. IMO, the gunner is more of a sniper or frontline attacker, not a harasser like scout or offensive tech (which use debuffs more to assist team or level playing field against higher DPS’s). Also, if I recall correctly, the pistol has a bit of a knockback as well? Again, this makes it an ideal getaway gun for those who would rather escape close range attacks instead than attempt to repel them with shotty/autoshotty.

Flag Post
Originally posted by speakofsilence:

The reason for the increased speed and the pistol whip is really as a mobility buff, not an offensive buff. It’d be more of an easy getaway gun than one for staying power or offense. I don’t necessarily like the idea of a debuff for the pistol because it seems counter to the gunner’s feel. IMO, the gunner is more of a sniper or frontline attacker, not a harasser like scout or offensive tech (which use debuffs more to assist team or level playing field against higher DPS’s). Also, if I recall correctly, the pistol has a bit of a knockback as well? Again, this makes it an ideal getaway gun for those who would rather escape close range attacks instead than attempt to repel them with shotty/autoshotty.

No reason to use CP over Shotgun right now. They shouldn’t have the same effects, either. It’s redundant.

And I feel like the gunner isn’t quite a front line fighter. Gunner v. Tank often seems to go in the Tank’s favor, if the gunner stays to fight. Which is what I assume when I hear “front line fighter” – more of a harasser, from what I’ve seen

Flag Post

People always say about the shotgun is Op, but well his weak point is the range.. is a shet. Just stay in distance and u got a freekill…

But plasma is not Op like someone says, its ok cuz the fact of charge it is really annoying. And it have a really bad accu if the other player is moving fast.

Flag Post
Originally posted by SupersSonics:

People always say about the shotgun is Op, but well his weak point is the range.. is a shet. Just stay in distance and u got a freekill…

But plasma is not Op like someone says, its ok cuz the fact of charge it is really annoying. And it have a really bad accu if the other player is moving fast.

Plasma is sort of OP because it insta-hits. And shotgun has insane range for a shotgun. I mean, seriously, 3/4 way across the central platform in the training arena? Really?
Sounds like you havent even played with these weapons saying stuff like that….

Flag Post

Plasma is sort of OP because it insta-hits. And shotgun has insane range for a shotgun. I mean, seriously, 3/4 way across the central platform in the training arena? Really?

Plasma isn’t OP but it isn’t not OP, Flaregun for some reason is OP if used correctly, and shotgun is********************************************************************************************************************************************
stars=^very nasty language.

Flag Post
Originally posted by joshthekiller:

Plasma isn’t OP but it isn’t not OP, Flaregun for some reason is OP if used correctly, and shotgun is********************************************************************************************************************************************
stars=^very nasty language.

Plasma is kind of in the middle. And the shotgun….no comment. NO COMMENT!! FRG said they would nerf it to oblivion anyways, so ya ty frg!

Flag Post
Originally posted by cloakerx:

I’m not trying to say anything like the shotgun doesn’t need a nerf or anything, but people should just stop complaining.
-shotgun’s op. we get it. you’ve said your part, the devs know, so either play the game and deal with it until the next update or don’t play till the next update.
-this is filling up the forums with useless post.
-the more people complain, the more it might be nerfed…then it’ll be like the CP, useless (compared to other guns).
Also, if the update is coming in about a week or 2, then they have already made their mind up on what to do.

Originally posted by freerangegames:

what cloak said. please post without the foul language.

Originally posted by freerangegames:

BTW, we are aware the shotgun is OP. It’ll be fixed. ….I keep saying that…

They know shotgun is OP, update coming soon. stop complaining.

Flag Post

Any1 find that scouts submachine gun sighted need a buff to accuracy?(just a slight buff so u can at least hit 1/3 shots during lock on instead of missing all 3…..) hail i think needs a buff to accuracy too missed 12 shots in a row with lock on …… plasma ehhh idk im bad with it seen people kick ass with it though depends on the player i guess…. flare i dont think its op as long as ur not on the floor to take a bomb in the face it dmg isnt all that great but stun is awesome
Btw i only used those weps above slighty dont rage if i got something wrong :P
just my opinions
Now about the shotgun its range just need a neft stun duration maybe a neft(just a tiny tiny neft to duration) its dmg is ok kinda for a close range wep shotgun

Flag Post

before people start raging bout my shotgun post ill say im sorry i didnt read the post above :P