Design your favorite items

14 posts

Flag Post

Telewarp

Legoflammer5000 had a good idea. “Could you put in an item where you can place it down and warp back to it at any time, or respawn at it? I call that the Telewarp.”

Add your other ideas here.

Flag Post

Item? As in a class utility, or a bought item that is keybound such as a grenade (F)?

Flag Post

I interpreted it to be class agnostic. It would need some way of deployment. Keybindings are logical but not necessarily the only way.

Flag Post

A grenade / med pack dispenser

It can deployed anywhere. Dispenses up to 5 bombs(for now only valtechs)/ med packs then explodes like a suppressor does when it dies (which means no damage). Pick ups will be limited to team mates only. Med packs dispensed will heal for 150 health. Bombs dispensed will still do full damage/ effect. Med pack dispensers must be at least 50 m away from each other.

Flag Post
Originally posted by freerangegames:

I interpreted it to be class agnostic. It would need some way of deployment. Keybindings are logical but not necessarily the only way.

maube c or v or click the mouse button wheel

Flag Post

Telewarp: Ok, so a troll mosquito starts screwing everyone’s day up in the CP. Once it gets to 50 HP, bam. Teleports out of danger. Everyone in CP is pissed expecting a kill of the mosquito.

Solution for Telewarp: Maybe only allow teleport if shields OR health are full? Either or. That way people can’t run away in situations like these. More fair.

Anyways, here’s my item idea:

C4 Mine:
This mine take the place of Valtech Concussion bomb.
-Takes 3 seconds to deploy, in which the player must be grounded and stationary for the full duration of themine placement.

-Detonates if a player comes within 10 meters of it. 200 damage, not accounting for armor.

-Mine has 60 Health. Can be destroyed by any weapon. No shields.

Btw, I completely support the integration of gangnam style animation. Press and hold melee button to do it. All classes.

Flag Post

that telewarp should be only when you die not at any time, then everyone will be escaping kills, you could just put it near a health pack and leave in the right moment. But as a after death respawn locations sounds cool.

Flag Post

In answer to siz, just have a 3 second warm-up then telepad is destroyed upon tele.

Mine….

Portable Health pack – Drops a HP pack that heals 50-150 hp. Can be picked up by anyone, spawner has to run off the pack and then back on (like if your standing on a hp spawn when it spawns)

Throwing knife/tomahawk/combat axe

Throw it to deal direct damage to hp, bypasses shields…. It deals small damage.

1337 h4X0r

Can hack turrets and other placeable (further items?) (hold down to use on locked on equip), will temporarily damage turrets so they cannot fire.

Lightning Rod

Attracts lightning and electricity (includes space lightning [for moonbase) which can heal shields quickly, cannot be moved while in effect.

I don’t support gangnam style motion, its only a fad and its #2 now, no point.

Flag Post

someone-come-up-with-a-name-cause-i-got-nothin

a sort of shield, a little taller and a little wide than a tank. is placed on the ground. it’s kind of see-through. only your team can shoot through it. enemies either have to do enough damage to destroy it (800 dmg?) or wait out 1 1/2 minutes.
Yes i know this is OP for snipers…so tweak it. i don’t think it would be fair if gunners couldn’t use it.

Flag Post
Originally posted by cloakerx:

a sort of shield, a little taller and a little wide than a tank. is placed on the ground. it’s kind of see-through. only your team can shoot through it. enemies either have to do enough damage to destroy it (800 dmg?) or wait out 1 1/2 minutes.
Yes i know this is OP for snipers…so tweak it. i don’t think it would be fair if gunners couldn’t use it.

Make it so neither team can shoot through it?

Flag Post
Originally posted by speakofsilence:
Originally posted by cloakerx:

Make it so neither team can shoot through it?

maybe? maybe half-shield-health the team that placed it can shoot through?

Flag Post

Guys,guys…don’t make this Team Fortress :P.With all the dispensers and teleporters it starts to sound like TF 2

Flag Post

800 dmg is HEAPS considering that it’ll take around 4 sniper shots to destroy. I think something like the assualt shield of blops 2 in which you can place on the ground for cover, but not shoot through (as Sos said).

Flag Post
Originally posted by Freedomh:

Guys,guys…don’t make this Team Fortress :P.With all the dispensers and teleporters it starts to sound like TF 2

Just because TF2 does it, doesn’t mean that it’s a bad idea.

I do agree that this game shouldn’t be overcomplicated.