December 1, 2012 Update Build Notes (locked)

70 posts

Flag Post

New Classes

We have made MAJOR changes. We have updated the game to have 8 classes.

Striker Chassis
- Gunner
- Blazer

Light Chassis
- Scout
- Assassin

Heavy Chassis
- Tank
- Blaster

Utility Chassis
- Tech
- Shocker

Each class has 2 weapons, a Q and E ability, and it’s own F bomb type. Many weapons have an R function for attack or reloading. Alt-fire (RMB) target-locks in many cases or has a special function (like Gunner’s Rail Gun scoping). Some of the old classes have changed slightly. Read more about the classes in the Armory.

All class purchases are permanent. There are no rentals. We will rotate which classes you can play for free, so you can try them out.

No More Permanent Weapons?

You can no longer buy weapons. Everyone that has a permanent weapon will have the ability to convert it to one class of their choice. You can make this choice at any time. If you have more weapons than there are classes or you just want to, you can wait until the next 4 classes are released. Maybe a wait of weeks. Sorry for the inconvenience. The next classes will most likely be the Commando, Bomber, Basher, and Fixer.

If you had any active Cash rental weapons, you will be given a full Cash refund. You should see your Cash balance updated automatically.

Prices

This game is in beta. As we have posted from the beginning, prices are subject to change at any time. For now, we are setting the price of a class to 70 Kreds and 50,000 Cash, based on feedback we have heard from the community. We will offer Kred promotions from time to time.

Special Deal

We are offering a special deal to all players for their first 3 matches. At the end of each match you will be given a choice of taking the discount offer, or risking it for an even better offer. Everything about this promotion is subject to change.

Balancing

We made many changes. We will continue to balance the classes in every update. Please post your feedback in the forums.

Maps

No new maps in this update. We did fix a few of the map glitches, and created a bad one. If you “fall through the world” please report it via the forum link below. Let us know what class you had, what you were doing, where you were on the map, and who was attacking you, if you can.

Bug Fixes

We fixed many bugs. And created a bunch more. Please post any bugs you find to this forum thread: http://www.kongregate.com/forums/144-freefall-tournament/topics/313127-bug-report

Known Issues
- Friends bar is broken
- “Fall through the world” bug
- Possible memory issues

Flag Post

50K PER CLASS? WOW NO1 CAN AFFORD THAT _ I guess i have to buy kreds then..

Flag Post

A good thing that the new classes are expensive because if they are glitchy or bugged new people would take advantage of it like the saber incident.

Flag Post
Originally posted by halobeast1457:

Wait, is the shotgun nerfed?

yes

Flag Post

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS YOU ROCK YES YES YES YES YES YAY

Flag Post
Originally posted by rja12:

read the rest of the post, man! kred promotions! this is better than anything!

Flag Post
Originally posted by rja12:

Also, rotation of classes you can play for free.

Flag Post

Gotta love league of legends.
Good job guys, always looking forward!

Flag Post

I’m glad they set the price to 50k Kreds. Then more people will take the Kreds option, which FRg definitely deserves. Totally trading my flare gun for one tho. Or may e not…

Flag Post

looks into crystal ball Cashflowers…Cashflowers everywhere.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Kelfer:

epic LOL

Flag Post

Wait, is the shotgun nerfed?

Ah, the shotgun is now no more. Also, what’s the period of rotation FRG? 1 week, 2 weeks?

Flag Post

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU GOD!!!!!!!

No, thank you Freerange games.

Flag Post
Originally posted by gexsiun:

Ah, the shotgun is now no more. Also, what’s the period of rotation FRG? 1 week, 2 weeks?

1 day, for now.

Flag Post

great now make a team battle against evil ai snowman for christmas

Flag Post

Shocker needs a serious buff, I have seen Shockers, but never seen them get kills. Personal opinion, Blaster Ultimate is not great either.

Flag Post
Originally posted by kambetal1:

Shocker needs a serious buff, I have seen Shockers, but never seen them get kills. Personal opinion, Blaster Ultimate is not great either.

They aren’t meant to get kills, there like techs….

Also blasters Q is awesome for capturing points.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Kelfer:

You can’t cashflow 50k, you just can’t. It would take far too long with people jimming in.

Flag Post

aigis is a joke
blaster’s bomb 1hit lv3 aigis

Flag Post

assassin’s needler need a buff
cant hit anything moving

Flag Post

Omg i can’t believe this…how could you make the new classes so expensive :(…YOU SHOULD HAVE MADE THEM FREE GODDAMMIT…you just ruined the game…i really wanted to try the classes out but comeone KREDS?This really ruins the fun…good job!

Flag Post

I have to agree with Schwarzer.You just made us pay to have fun with the new classes.Btw what about a tutorial area or some shit like that and let us try out the new classes to see what they are like?

Flag Post

Oh and btw are you serious?We have to pay for the original classes? wow….

Flag Post

Sorry for the three posts but i experience that i can’t play.It says connection to host has been lost…who the **** is the host?

Flag Post

And when i start to play everyone freeze and i just hang around…FIX IT!!