Classes Guide (Update 15)

18 posts

Flag Post

This will briefly cover the roles of each class in all 3 maps. Note that the order in which each role is covered is considered that class’s priority. I.E.,(1) holding the CP, (2) pushing the gunner tunnels. My knowledge in some areas, particularly with the updated Shocker, is limited. All suggestions or additions are welcome. (CP stands for Control Point) (The Pit is the area in the middle of the map in Training Arena that has 2 health packs)

Shuttle Bay

1. Gunner: (1)Sniping the CP, typically from the “gunner tunnels” or on top of a yellow/blue base. (2)Skirmishing the CP against one or two opponents.

2. Tank: (1)Pushing and Holding the CP. Melee weapon is exceedingly useful in smoke fights. (2)Clearing the Gunner tunnels of snipers.

3. Scout: (1)Assassinations on opponents outside the CP. (2)Clearing the Gunner tunnels of snipers. (3)Keeping the CP smoked for when your team is pushing it. (4) Getting Mega Damage

4. Tech: (1)Building defenses and healing inside the CP once your team has acquired it. (2)Healing your team when they are holding/pushing the CP.

5. Blaster: (1)Pushing the CP, clearing out all enemies. (2)Holding down the Gunner Tunnels to prevent sniping. (3)Holding the CP.

6. Blazer: (1)Being involved in any team fight whatsoever. (2)Lighting the CP on fire when occupied by another team. (3)Holding the CP against skirmishes.

7. Assassin: (1)Getting quick kills against important enemies, such as those holding the CP or sniping. (2) Panicking enemies inside the CP as your team is pushing. (3) Stealth-Capping the CP.

8. Shocker: (1) Building defenses inside the CP once your team has acquired it. (2) Clearing the CP with the orb caster when your team is pushing, and regenerating important cooldowns for your team; such as the Tech’s nanoboost, the Assassin’s mutilate, or the Blaster’s forcefield.

Training Arena

1. Gunner: (1) Gaining control of the top-side via sniping from the towers. (2) Getting Mega Damage.

2. Tank: (1) Holding down the pit for your team. (2) Getting Mega Damage. (3) Initiating Team Fights with the intent to use Neutron Shell.

3. Scout: (1) Farming kills against any enemy not in the Pit. (2) Clearing the Gunner Towers. (3) Getting Mega Damage. (4) Getting bombs

4. Tech: (1) Building defenses and healing allies inside the Pit.

5. Blaster: (1) Getting Mega Damage. (2) Controlling the area outside the Pit. (3) Pushing enemies out of the Pit.

6. Blazer: (1) Getting Mega Damage. (2) Controlling the area outside the Pit. (3) Clearing the Gunner Towers. (4) Tracking down enemies with Infrared Vision

7. Assassin: (1) Harassing the Pit. (2) Getting Mega Damage. (3) Clearing Gunner Towers

8. Shocker: (1) Building defenses in the Pit. (2) Getting Mega Damage

Moon Base

1. Gunner: (1) Getting mega damage. (2) Finding sniping positions that cover the current CP. (3) Capping the current CP once enemies are waiting for respawn.

2. Tank: (1) Pushing and Capping the current CP

3. Scouts: (1) Getting Mega Damage. (2) Killing any enemy with Mega Damage. (3) Clearing Gunners. (4) Capping the current CP once enemies are waiting for respawn.

4. Tech: (1) Dropping Suppressors on the current CP. (2) Healing any allies capping the current Control Point. (3) Capping the current Control Point.

5. Blaster: (1) Clearing the current CP. (2) Capping the current CP.

6. Blazer: (1) Assisting in Team Fights on the current CP. (2) Dropping fire bombs on an enemy controlled CP. (3) Capping the current CP

7. Assassin: (1) Getting Mega Damage. (2) Killing enemies capping the current CP. (3) Stealth Capping the current CP

8. Shocker: (1) Building defenses on the current CP. (2) Assisting in team fights on the current CP. (3) Pushing the CP using Orb Caster. (4) Getting Mega Damage)

Flag Post

I dislike these, mainly because your telling us what to do in not so much detail. While you are mostly right, everyone has their own play style. I was thinking it would be more like The gunner has an excellent long range attack, this is particularly useful on large maps such as TF and MB

Maybe its just me though.

Flag Post
Originally posted by basicbasic:

I dislike these, mainly because your telling us what to do in not so much detail. While you are mostly right, everyone has their own play style. I was thinking it would be more like The gunner has an excellent long range attack, this is particularly useful on large maps such as TF and MB

it is probably mostly you, but you don’t want to go into TOO much detail, or every noob in this game will know all the tricks, and that’ll just get annoying.

Flag Post

Assassin can’t capture a CP when cloaked, I have tried it shows the bar but it doesn’t change. While it might be a bug, right now you still can’t.

Flag Post

Friendly critique for Dual_Smoke… It’s not necessary to list EVERY class’s role as “Getting Mega Damage.” Everyone benefits from that and we all know it.

But, creative idea you have here. Props.

Flag Post

Nice job on the list Dual, seems pretty accurate. I like how you made general guidelines for each class, yet did nit go I to noob-teaching detail. Though chasing down scouts is now a pastime of tanks somehow….TANKS of all classes.

Flag Post
Originally posted by basicbasic:

Eh, I think there is an optimum role for each class. The meta game in LoL, WoW, or any other competitive game like that will back me up. There are always deviations, but I am assuming that your opponents will be performing their duties to the maximum.

Originally posted by klackerer:

Assassin can’t capture a CP when cloaked, I have tried it shows the bar but it doesn’t change. While it might be a bug, right now you still can’t.

I’ve done it before…as recently as an hour ago. On Shuttle, an Assassin can take the bar from 50% to 100% during a cloak.

Originally posted by PhragX:

Friendly critique for Dual_Smoke… It’s not necessary to list EVERY class’s role as “Getting Mega Damage.” Everyone benefits from that and we all know it.

But, creative idea you have here. Props.

Again, in almost every scenario the Mega Damage will be best to simply grab. BUT not in every scenario, and that’s why I included it in some cases but not in others. For instance, assume you are playing on a competitive Freefall team. You probably want your gunner or your scout to have the Mega Damage, seeing as how they will have the maximum effect from it. While the MD does increase Tech healing, the tech should never (again, assuming a perfect meta game) grab the Mega Damage. Why? It’s chassis is the weakest, and the tech always heals itself for 25% what it heals others. The Shocker can use Mega Damage in scenarios where he needs to Orb Clear a CP.

TL;DR – Some classes need the MD over others.

Originally posted by Sizrek:

Nice job on the list Dual, seems pretty accurate. I like how you made general guidelines for each class, yet did nit go I to noob-teaching detail. Though chasing down scouts is now a pastime of tanks somehow….TANKS of all classes.

Hehe Tanks are quite fun. I play Tank/Assassin in-game. Much fun to be had.

Flag Post

Tanks AND Blasters. I’ve done it as both, and I’ve seen others do it as Blasters. It’s quite satisfying, actually.

Staying on topic, another good Training Arena map strategy for Tanks, Blasters, Scouts and Blazers is to organize a squad of players using the afore mentioned classes and “storm the castle”, or set up positions in the enemy base and force the opposing team to either teleport out or die horribly.

The more defensive classes (Techs, Shockers, defense-oriented Tanks, etc) can also try the opposite version of this strategy. Organize a defense consisting of some of the classes above and “guard the fort” from enemy takeover.

Flag Post

I just figured out yesterday some interesting ways of exploiting the confusion bomb of the assassin. If you keep a healing enemy tech confused for as long as possible, their healing will link to your team. Other than against super noob techs, don’t ever use the bomb 1v1. I’ll keep the other strategies to myself for now >:]

Flag Post

^ Lol assassins suck against scouts. There was not one time where an assassin ful health vs full health beat me. Pretty obvious why though lol. But against gunners, they rule. Only class that really beats the average scout (me) are tanks, Pro pro gunners (xxi, who by the way is batshit INSANE with the railgun), blazer (only if caught with flamethrower), and other scouts to an extent, namely prep and kelfy. Other than that, yeah. Here is my breakdown:

Gunner:
-Strong vs. Scouts, techs, shockers, anything at long range
-Neutral against tanks (tanks win if they have shield, but gunners win b/c of amazing frag bomb and full auto), other gunners
-Weak against blazers at close range, assassins

Blazer:
-Strong against everything but tank at close range
-Neutral against other blazers
-weak against slong range fighters (scout, gunner, blaster)

Scout:
-Strong against assassin, shocker, blazer at long range
-neutral against other scouts and blazer (with blazer, it depends on the range between an who sees who first)
-weak against blazer close range, gunner, tank

Assassin:
-Strong against any stationary targets, gunners, and other assassins
-neutral against other assassins (depends on situation)
-weak against scout, tank, blazer, and gunner if seen
Tip against assassins If they go invisible, immediately full auto on the distorted figure. Worked twice for me, killed successfully.

Tank:
-Strong against scout, gunner close, assassin, shocker, tech (best for clearing supressors)
-neutral against other tanks, blazer because of NB
-weak against gunner long, possibly assassin, and blazer (depends on situation)

Blazer:
-Strong against scout, gunner close, assassin, shocker, tech
-neutral against other blazers, and tanks
-weak against gunners long range mainly

Tech (with S3):
-Strong against scouts, assassins, tanks, and blazers (S3 slows)
-neutral against techs and shockers
-weak against gunners, and blazer at very close

shocker (with aegis 3G:
-Strong against nothing really
-neutral against other shockers, techs
-weak against scouts, tanks, blazer, and gunners

Questions
Does the Supressor lock on to cloaked assassin? Because it locks in to a gazed scout
Can the aegis 3 be taken down if it’s shields are being repaired by 5 shockers?

Also, I’ll share a super secret scout technique with you guys that I use.
When you press
q
while
attacking…
you….
move faster.

Flag Post
Originally posted by StrangeMinion:

Tanks AND Blasters. I’ve done it as both, and I’ve seen others do it as Blasters. It’s quite satisfying, actually.

Staying on topic, another good Training Arena map strategy for Tanks, Blasters, Scouts and Blazers is to organize a squad of players using the afore mentioned classes and “storm the castle”, or set up positions in the enemy base and force the opposing team to either teleport out or die horribly.

The more defensive classes (Techs, Shockers, defense-oriented Tanks, etc) can also try the opposite version of this strategy. Organize a defense consisting of some of the classes above and “guard the fort” from enemy takeover.

at least we all now know he’s a spawn camping ********************************************************************************************** and everybody should team up on him when ever possible. thank you, and hunt StrangeMinion =D

Flag Post

^ Lol assassins suck against scouts. There was not one time where an assassin ful health vs full health beat me. Pretty obvious why though lol. But against gunners, they rule. Only class that really beats the average scout (me) are tanks, Pro pro gunners (xxi, who by the way is batshit INSANE with the railgun), blazer (only if caught with flamethrower), and other scouts to an extent, namely prep and kelfy. Other than that, yeah. Here is my breakdown:

Gunner:
-Strong vs. Scouts, techs, shockers, anything at long range
-Neutral against tanks (tanks win if they have shield, but gunners win b/c of amazing frag bomb and full auto), other gunners
-Weak against blazers at close range, assassins

Blazer:
-Strong against everything but tank at close range
-Neutral against other blazers
-weak against slong range fighters (scout, gunner, blaster)

Scout:
-Strong against assassin, shocker, blazer at long range
-neutral against other scouts and blazer (with blazer, it depends on the range between an who sees who first)
-weak against blazer close range, gunner, tank

Assassin:
-Strong against any stationary targets, gunners, and other assassins
-neutral against other assassins (depends on situation)
-weak against scout, tank, blazer, and gunner if seen
Tip against assassins If they go invisible, immediately full auto on the distorted figure. Worked twice for me, killed successfully.

Tank:
-Strong against scout, gunner close, assassin, shocker, tech (best for clearing supressors)
-neutral against other tanks, blazer because of NB
-weak against gunner long, possibly assassin, and blazer (depends on situation)

Blazer:
-Strong against scout, gunner close, assassin, shocker, tech
-neutral against other blazers, and tanks
-weak against gunners long range mainly

Tech (with S3):
-Strong against scouts, assassins, tanks, and blazers (S3 slows)
-neutral against techs and shockers
-weak against gunners, and blazer at very close

shocker (with aegis 3G:
-Strong against nothing really
-neutral against other shockers, techs
-weak against scouts, tanks, blazer, and gunners

Questions
Does the Supressor lock on to cloaked assassin? Because it locks in to a gazed scout
Can the aegis 3 be taken down if it’s shields are being repaired by 5 shockers?

Also, I’ll share a super secret scout technique with you guys that I use.
When you press
q
while
attacking…
you….
move faster.

……..That’s works with some of the other classes too, you know.

Flag Post

8. Shocker: (1) Building defenses inside the CP once your team has acquired it. (2) Clearing the CP with the orb caster when your team is pushing, and regenerating important cooldowns for your team; such as the Tech’s nanoboost, the Assassin’s mutilate, or the Blaster’s forcefield.

What do you mean Regenerating cool downs with the shocker? am i missing a skill for the shocker or something?

Flag Post

Sizrek, you forgot to include blasters in your big guide.

Flag Post
Originally posted by velociraptorr:

Not true. He has two “Blazers.” You have to guess which one is the Blaster ;)

Flag Post

Wow I haven’t played for 4 months nd now there is new classes man.

Flag Post
Originally posted by PhragX:
Originally posted by velociraptorr:

Not true. He has two “Blazers.” You have to guess which one is the Blaster ;)

What’s weird is that he typed it wrong twice. And he didn’t say how blasters do against blazer (pretty well actually, as long as you stay out of flamer range. If the blazer gets too close, punch them, they’ll go flying, leaving you free to kill them with rockets)

Flag Post

Actually, ive found needler extremely effective for stalking targets because you can see the poison numbers behind walls (the numbers that pop out when someone is being damaged)