Couldn't you guys have made the blazer more OP? (locked)

8 posts

Flag Post

Wow…its ridiculous how unfair and unbalanced the blazer is… it has that lazer beam of death and a flame thrower that hits faster then any other weapon and it burns you if you run away?? come on…Everytime i join a lobby all i see if blazers spamming fire…no fun playing against people you cant kill….

Flag Post

Have you tried playing blazer?

Flag Post

I’m getting sick of these “Blazer is OP” threads. Just because you yourself can’t kill one…

Flag Post

They’re not that hard to kill. Play tank against them. Especialy in Shuttle, anyone using blazer (unless they are extremely good at it) if there’s a single tank on the other team is being dumb. 1 tank v 3 blazers, a decent tank can take out one before using bubble, kill a second during bubble, and probably tie the third after bubble pops, especially since blazers have no way to “throw” enemies.

They can also be killed in 1 second by a assassin since they are the same chassis as the gunner (use a combo) and gunners can tear blazers to shreds (when not lagging lol).

Flag Post

^Not the best answer, since tank can just pop their noob shield.

The blazer is not Op at all. The heat ray is balanced very well, and the flamethrower does its job fine. The bad aspect is the effect of DoT (goes for poison too).

DoT should NOT affect shields. There, problem solved.

I met you in game agent, and judging by your nature, I assume you were an idiot scout who turbo boosted into the shuttle and chopped the first thing you could see, only to get broiled. Got some tips for ya:

Attack at a distance
Keep moving
Don’t rush in like an idiot
Stay in the air

Flag Post

Siz, that’s what I said, tanks can use the bubble to beat blazers easily. But your tips are great too. Also, I don’t think the DoT affecting shields is too bad. It does nearly no damage and usually burns out before it even gets through shield (poison lasts a lot longer though so sometimes it’s a bit annoying).

Flag Post
Originally posted by speakofsilence:

Siz, that’s what I said, tanks can use the bubble to beat blazers easily. But your tips are great too. Also, I don’t think the DoT affecting shields is too bad. It does nearly no damage and usually burns out before it even gets through shield (poison lasts a lot longer though so sometimes it’s a bit annoying).

To be honest I think that both DoT effects could be nerfed. They take a lot of skill out of killing people (which is saying something in a game where most weapons lock on). Before you couldn’t just rush in and spam poison/burn knowing that even though the other person will kill you, you’ll almost certainly kill them. Now if you’ve been fighting someone and a blazer/assassin with no skill walks up they can kill you even if you kill them with ease. It’s takes a lot of momentum out of the game when you can win a 2 or 3 vs 1 and still die simply because they can keep damaging you after death.

Flag Post

http://www.kongregate.com/forums/144-freefall-tournament/topics/315368-blazer-op