vehicles (locked)

16 posts

Flag Post

hi guys this is inkibusss this is my first time making a forum,so this forum is about vehicles you guys throw ideas of different vehicles so ya guys i hope that FRG sees this byes.

Flag Post

If you want to think of an idea atleast give some form of details about the vehicle. Can it fly? How is it controlled? What weapons and damage? How much health and shields? E.T C

Flag Post

you f i told you that you make the ideas

Flag Post

I don’t like the idea of vehicles in FFT. FRG would have to make much bigger maps, even if they’re small vehicles. It would take to much time. Also, i think it would that away the tiny little bit of flow left in FFT.

Flag Post

^ What flow? Everything dies too quickly for any type of flow to really exist. Regardless of what classes are available, everything dies too fast. Noob friendly scouts swording everywhere, snipers are everywhere with gunners, assassins poison stack (which varies between 6 and 300 damage per tick randomly) kill everything too quickly, blazers kill too quickly, tanks all play the same: shoot bomb rush, shield, pussy away, etc., techs and shockers get hunted, and Blasters tear up everything with their huge damage.

The game isn’t gradual anymore, it’s just too fast dying for any flow. Plus, almost everyone of each class plays the same set of ways:
Gunner: snipe (obviously), AR, killed my scouts and assassins and other gunners and everythin else. Mainly sniping though, and suiciding.
Tank: Fight, use shield, pussy away, repeat.
Scout: The scouts are either noobs who use the sword/gun (not a combo), or the idiots who turn on turbo, rush out of base and chop the first thing they see (usually the higher ranked). Really predictable
Tech: Spawn camping noobs, or S3 in shuttle heal army of techs.
Blazer: Q. Heat Ray. Flamethrower. Bomb suicide
Blaster: Rocket launcher mainly used due to it’s unavoidable tracking and concussion bomb damage. MM almost 1 hit kills. Use Q to cap
Assassin: Knyphoon-Melee. Nothing else.
Shocker: Most variety of all classes: Either Aegis in CP, Aegis on a wall on some random part, or Aegis in base doing nothing.

Yeah, before the weapons update was best.

And no vehicles.

Flag Post
Originally posted by inkibusss:

you f i told you that you make the ideas

Well you’re really mature…..

Originally posted by Sizrek:

Yeah, before the weapons update was best.

I actually think the weapons was the best update as it provided a variety of play styles for the 4 classes instead of just the standard set. If all of the guns were balanced properly it would have been awesome left like that. I haven’t used any of the new classes yet so I can’t have valid input on how they play :/

Flag Post

I have to agree with abraaz, the weapons update was nice because of the variability it provided; they just weren’t always balanced. However, I am very glad that the devs are trying to be true to the free to play, and not pay to win, model. They’re doing probably one of the best jobs that I’ve seen in that regard. But lately I haven’t had much heart to play as the balance was thrown out of whack in a big way. The game is now simply pick a class and spam. Scouts constantly rain smoke bombs, which make them overpowered for their role and make them almost essential for capping when they’re active (should not be a scouts role). Blazers just suicide trying to light anyone on fire knowing that enemies will most likely die from DoT. Assassins’ only real value is their grenade which makes large battles impossible and unenjoyable because you either kill your teammates or sit there and wait for it to wear off. On top of lots of other minor balancing issues the newest updates have introduced a whole new world of lag that the game does not handle well. Even if you have a great connection, others do not and they will kill you because you can’t fight properly against them. Regardless, the game is in beta so many big changes are yet to come and I’m confident that everything can be resolved and improved on.

With that out of the way though, vehicles are a bad idea for this game and FRG has already expressed that he does not plan to add them. This thread is neither the first of its kind, nor should it be its own thread (it should be in the suggestion box, although vehicles have also already been suggested there). It will be locked like the others of its kind as soon as FRG comes back from his vacation. Please feel free to keep coming up with ideas for the game though! Just put them in the suggestion box or associated create your own thread. :)

Flag Post

^I would agree with you guys about the weapons update…..but that shotgun….that DAMN SHOTGUN

Also, flare trolling was some of my best experiences I had with this game, second to those I had when I played in June before my break.

You know, back when there were fewer dicks and trolls, back when pardone talked, back when pros were in games solely to T bag each other during Pardona season, when Valtech was still in business, etc. Today is fun trolling tho, but people get too bitchy too quickly, which results in trolling. Whatever, I’m ranting now

Flag Post

Vehicles in Freefall…

Hell no?

Honestly, the game has issues with balance as it is without throwing overpowered/noob-friendly vehicles into the mix. This isn’t Halo, you know…

Flag Post
Originally posted by Sizrek:

^I would agree with you guys about the weapons update…..but that shotgun….that DAMN SHOTGUN

Also, flare trolling was some of my best experiences I had with this game, second to those I had when I played in June before my break.

Those damn flare trolls >.>

Flag Post

There are jetpacks, what would be the point of vehicles when you can simply fly?

Flag Post
Originally posted by skullhead51:

There are jetpacks, what would be the point of vehicles when you can simply fly?

Another good point. Most games throw vehicles into larger-scale game modes for the purpose of mobility. There are already jetpacks in the game, so that makes adding vehicles in to help maneuver the maps…pointless…

Flag Post

I like to compare this game to Gears of War in the sense that it’s more of a squad-on-squad style game than most other free to play titles. There might not be a cover system or anything, but the scale is similar.

Any Gears player will tell you that (Outside of the Silverback in Horde 2.0) vehicles in Gears of War is a bad idea. It just doesn’t fit the type of gameplay that the game currently delivers.

Freefall Tournament is similar: Vehicles would only throw off the style of gameplay that the game currently delivers.

Flag Post

We have no plans for vehicles right now.

Flag Post

^ No vehicles right now eh? Potential for wipeout style hover cars in the future? Ah screw it, vehicles wouldn’t do anything for the game. Jetpacks are best. Thread not locked…?

Flag Post

As you wish.