January 3, 2013 Update Build Notes

17 posts

Flag Post

Bug Fixes

Scout haze bomb fixed to be less graphically expensive.

End of match discount offer set to repeat.

Other bug fixes.

Flag Post

Thank-you for the fast updates bro i know everyone appreciates it.

Flag Post

Bigger stuff to come.

Flag Post

Oh that’s why its downloading all the data again….

Flag Post

Yay, small updates to fix bugs instead of leaving them for months!
Regarding the “bigger stuff” though; would it be possible for you to share a theoretical outline of what you guys are working on for the next one or two big updates? (Including dates (give like a two week possibility period so people don’t flip out again))

Flag Post

Fast update! Awesome work. Now bout the fixes…
Scout bomb? Excellent
Haven’t played yet
End of match discount? Very nice

Hub this means I have to reconfigure all my keys….AGAIN

And regarding their future plans, they are going to introduce 4 new classes. A new map would be sick though.

Shuttl bay was first
Moonbase was a whole new idea, and it was awesome
Training Arena is nice and casual. Excellent.

Maybe a Free for All Map? Might get too hectic with the fast deaths and huge damage though…instead there could be a map that has hazards like spikes, or traps like jetpack disablers, damage reduction, vision blurring, erratic control, all for a set time.

Idk, just throwing out dumb ideas no one will read….and welcome back FRG!!!! Friction Hawaii….and I had to stay in cold ass OHIO

Flag Post

I know the general gist of what they have planned from what FRG has said in the past; the 4 new classes, at least one new map was already in the works, AFK kick, MVP voting, all that stuff. But I was just looking for a more recent schedule of what they’re hoping to add, and to see if new things have come up or old things have changed

Flag Post

Djinn is right new things have come up and old things have changed. We still want to get those features in, but it might take awhile longer. We’ll have some new surprises that you’ll just have to wait and see what they are when they eventually come out. For now, my lips are sealed. The one thing I can say is, is that we are now able to put some more resources behind our efforts.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Sizrek:

Fast update! Awesome work. Now bout the fixes…
Scout bomb? Excellent
Haven’t played yet
End of match discount? Very nice

Hub this means I have to reconfigure all my keys….AGAIN

And regarding their future plans, they are going to introduce 4 new classes. A new map would be sick though.

Shuttl bay was first
Moonbase was a whole new idea, and it was awesome
Training Arena is nice and casual. Excellent.

Maybe a Free for All Map? Might get too hectic with the fast deaths and huge damage though…instead there could be a map that has hazards like spikes, or traps like jetpack disablers, damage reduction, vision blurring, erratic control, all for a set time.

Idk, just throwing out dumb ideas no one will read….and welcome back FRG!!!! Friction Hawaii….and I had to stay in cold ass OHIO

awesome idea. If there was a limit on the amount of people allowed in a free for all match, it wouldnt be a problem. as for the awesome traps and stuff…. too awesome to comment on.

Flag Post

Maybe you should consider the blaster’s missles.

Flag Post

I’m not sure about having a FFA map. FFT has always seemed more like a team based game. FFA just doesn’t fit in right to me. Though a 4-team map would be cool. It would change it up a little bit, keep it a team game, while at the same time you have 3 other teams to fight so it’s kind of a mix between FFA and team based. That might be better.

Flag Post

I think everyone forgot about how underpowered the shocker is. The aegis dies in less then 5 seconds (on level 3). Both the shocker weapons have low damage and will take a while to kill. I know shocker is a support class but how can you support anyone with the supplies that the shocker has now? The shocker needs some type of buff in order to balance the shocker with all the other classes. Also isn’t the aegis called a “shield” for a reason? I Dont think enemies should be able to walk into a “shield” and kill everyone/everything in the aegis. Unless the aegis is killed from the outside nobody should be able to to come inside a shield and destroy it.

Flag Post

i aggre with rja on this post the aegis is by far a very vurnable “gadget” and need a buff for both the shocker and aegis

Flag Post
Originally posted by deulrunner:

i aggre with rja on this post the aegis is by far a very vurnable “gadget” and need a buff for both the shocker and aegis

I second that.

Flag Post

I still would like to see ranked 2v2 or 3v3 matches with elo ratings, and aethestic rewards for having achieved a certain % overall, or a certain elo.

Flag Post
Originally posted by joshthekiller:

I second that.

you arent suppose to hide in it if enemy is up close it just protects you from snipers and other long range attacks like it should though i do use it as bait with mines

Flag Post
Originally posted by itsinthegame:
Originally posted by joshthekiller:

I second that.

you arent suppose to hide in it if enemy is up close it just protects you from snipers and other long range attacks like it should though i do use it as bait with mines

Up close or not, the shocker can really defend itself against a short range class such as blazer (flamethrower), assasin, etc.