you knew it was coming (locked)

10 posts

Flag Post

gotta hate on this guys. first off, how many people have played tribes: ascend? this game is the same thing with crappier graphics. spend more time on your player models. tribes came out way earlier. maybe the graphics cant be improved because this is a flash game, but still. tribes is free. if you want to download it, go to hirezstudios.com. the classes are cheaper, and so are the weapons. better game. better graphics.

Flag Post

We’ve already had a small discussion about this and Tribes before. There are plenty of differences. Not the same thing. This game isn’t made with flash. It’s mad with unity. I’ve only put about 30 hours into tribes (and I don’t even know how many into fft. I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s 1000) . That being said, I still know the game, how it’s played, the different maps, modes, and classes.
Some of the battle suits may look similar, but so what? Many games have characters that look similar. But they aren’t the same thing. They function differently. Movement is different. Guns are different. Classes are different. You could compare the Infiltrator to Assassin, saying assassin is a copy of the infiltrator because of poison. But Infiltrator doesn’t have poison. or weapons like assassin. Also the maps are much bigger in tribes. Sniping is also very different. harder. And in tribes you have (a cloak thingy. I forget what it’s called. sends out a signal through a certain distance and obscures enemy view of you and your team in that area. makes them grayish)
Also, the maps are huge on tribes ascend. And the bases/flags have turrets protecting them.
All in all, this game is NOT the same as tribes ascend. Just because a few of the classes look similar, or have similar purposes, does not mean they are the same. There have been tons of these sci-fi type shooters. Are they all the same? nope.

Flag Post

I actually got into Tribes: Ascend a couple months ago and have loved it (I used to play Tribes on the PS2 though, so no surprise). And while the games do have some similarities, there are similarities between, you know…every single shooting game. You post honestly just sounds ignorant though; complaining about graphics just shows that you’re not a true gamer (and a shallow person, so watch out ladies). Who cares what game looks better? Not to mention that you seem to have completly missed the beta part of this game. Many things are still being added and changed and the developers adding content at a rate much faster than tribes is. Also, saying “spend more time on your player models” implys that it’s a simple thing to do that takes a few minutes; showing you obviously know nothing about development. And even with that being said, I haven’t looked into it but I must assume that Tribes is not a game being worked on by a handful of people like Freefall Tournament, but rather by a decent sized team. Not to mention that you obviously haven’t played either game enough if you think that they’re the same; classes are different, roles are different, game modes are different, lock on is different, health is different, etc. If you don’t like this game then feel free not to play it, no one is forcing you to.

P.S. The title “you knew it was coming” seems to imply that this comparison has never been made, which as cloak already pointed out, it has been made. You should really spend some time looking at a game before you come in making these silly remarks.

Flag Post

thanks for the insight. you guys hav points.

Flag Post

Guys, come on. This game is obviously a rip from tribes. I mean, it has guns! Hell, it’s a rip from CoD and Halo too! And metal gear! How now copy GUNZ from shorter gam3z brown cow?

Think before you post dumb idiotic nonsense like this. This game is unique, definitely better, and is developed individually. Play it, enjoy killing and making people rage, and don’t say it’s copied, because it is not.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Sizrek:

Guys, come on. This game is obviously a rip from tribes. I mean, it has guns! Hell, it’s a rip from CoD and Halo too! And metal gear! How now copy GUNZ from shorter gam3z brown cow?

Think before you post dumb idiotic nonsense like this. This game is unique, definitely better, and is developed individually. Play it, enjoy killing and making people rage, and don’t say it’s copied, because it is not.

It’s a rip from pac-man because it’s a game….

Flag Post

Pong.

Flag Post

Tic Tac Toe.

Flag Post

Space invaders. See what I did there?

Flag Post

Tetris.