Q – Turbo Boost: Activation allows you to move much faster than normal, and much MUCH faster than other classes. This affects running and jumping speeds, as well as Thunder Kick speed.
Base time: 4.5 seconds. Cooldown (from time activated): ~29.5 seconds.
W – Thunder Kick: Lunges forward with increased speed. May be used mid-air, to change directions, gain height, or move downward quicker than usual. If you kick straight upward and do not use any movement keys, you’ll land again just before you reach the ground.
Movement Speed: 54.1 MPH. Movement Speed (Turbo Boost added): 83.9 MPH.
Active time: 1.0 second. Cooldown (from time activated): ~7.8 seconds.
E – Haze Bomb: Upon impact, it releases smoke into the air, increasing the evasion rating of all allies (including yourself) who touch it. The effect persists slightly longer than the smoke, meaning you can run through it and maintain the effect very briefly after you walk out of it.
Smoke Duration: ~12.5 seconds. Sensor Evade Duration (Maximum): ~14 seconds. Cooldown: 1.5 seconds.
1) If you play Scout, DO NOT STOP MOVING. Ever.
2) Without question, Scouts have the best aerial. Period. Some classes can hang for a while, but they can’t move like the Scout does. You can probably play a whole match without touching the ground if you try (except at spawn, of course).
3) If you jump in one direction, immediately use Q or E to quickly change directions and become more unpredictable.
4) Save Q move for emergencies: when you chase or get chased or really need to get to a capture point.
5) Scout jetpack allows short constant or burst use, allowing for a lot of maneuverability.
1) Stay in the air most of the time. Running on ground is great for hiding or sneaking up on someone, but it’s harder to maximize speed.
2) The Dope Saber Chop (sword’s R) is easily the best and preferred choice for entering melee-range. You move very quickly through the air and do really good damage when you arrive. Plus, your sword’s already out, so start swinging away.
3) Alternatively, you can use the Dope Saber Dash (right-click + left-click). This will lock onto a target and swing your sword, giving you a short but fast hop in their direction. Some players spam this move to reach high speeds and auto-target enemies at the same time.
4) Use E move if:
- your Chop is on cooldown
- your target is trying to run away (you can stun him)
- your target has you locked-on and will kill you (stun him or fly behind a corner)
5) Your gun is a good approach IF you are somewhat near your target already/your target is moving. It’s also good to quickly help an ally who is already in a fight.
General Combat Tips
1) Submachine Gun is much faster if you don’t target-lock (right-click). Only target-lock if there is a lot of range or you have bad aim. When you do target-lock, your target has more time to escape or fight back.
2) Focus on 1v1 fights: you’re quick, but if an enemy target-locks you, it will hurt.
3) Haze bomb is excellent on a capture point. Enemies standing on it will have a harder time to defend the point; your teammates will have an easier time protecting it.
4) The effects of haze bomb last a few seconds AFTER leaving it. This means you can drop the bomb on a crouched gunner, a tank, blaster, etc. before you enter melee range. They’ll fail to target-lock you or might run away (in some cases, this gives you time to hit them without getting hit).
5) Feel free to hurt an enemy, rack up some poison, then move on to the target. There’s a rhythm to it, but it’s nice. By the time he realizes he’ll never reach a health pack in time, you’ll already be poisoning your next victim.