PhragX's Awesome Class Guides: Heavy-Chasses

29 posts

Flag Post

I’ve created this thread to begin serious discussion about the Battle Chassis classes: Tank and Blaster. Please discuss any combos, combat strategies, balancing problems, strengths, weakness, bugs, etc. that you know about Tank or Blaster. I will be updating this thread when I have more time, so I hope the community takes it seriously and has something to offer.

5. GENERAL OVERVIEW: BATTLE-CHASSIS

Here we have the Tank (old) and Blaster (new). This is by far the most durable group in the game. However, they lack speed and good maneuverability, especially in the air.

Stats:
Hit Points: 4000
Shield Points: 1500

Pros:
- Highest health in game
- Highest damage reduction in game
- Best verticals in game (slightly an opinion, but their height potential is HUGE)
- Primary guns can shoot quickly with decent range

Cons:
- Overall slow movement, in the air and on ground
- 2nd-worst damage out (in terms of DPS)
- Secondary weapons are fairly slow (don’t get stunned!)

Flag Post

5a. TANK

Skills:

QNeutron Shell: Renders you invulnerable. While active, damage you would normally take reduces the remaining time of your shield. It turns red when 3 seconds remain.
Base time (no damage taken): 8 seconds. Cooldown (from time activated): 50 seconds.

WComet Rush: Lunges forward with increased speed. May be used mid-air, to change directions, gain height, or move downward quicker than usual.
Active time:0.5 seconds. Cooldown (from time activated): ~5.5 seconds

EConcussion bomb: Causes knockback from the point of impact.
Cooldown: 1.5 seconds.

Mobility

Approaching

General Combat Tips

Versus…

(coming soon)

TANKS:

BLAZERS:

GUNNERS:

BLASTERS:

SCOUTS:

ASSASSINS:

TECHS:

SHOCKERS:

Flag Post

5b. BLASTER

Skills:

QRepulsion Field: Creates a pulsating wave that pushes back all enemies close enough to be touched by it. Does no damage. Has no known impact on projectiles, but can make it harder for opponents to melee against you.
Base time: ~9.5 seconds. Cooldown (from time activated): ~35 seconds.

WAsteroid Rush: Lunges forward with increased speed. May be used mid-air, to change directions, gain height, or move downward quicker than usual.
Active time:0.5 seconds. Cooldown (from time activated): ~5.5 seconds

EMicro Munitions: Throws multiple small explosives that spread out as they travel further, increasing the chance of hitting something while also reducing the concentration of damage.
Cooldown: 1.5 seconds.

Mobility

Approaching

General Combat Tips

Versus…

(coming soon)

TANKS:

BLAZERS:

GUNNERS:

BLASTERS:

SCOUTS:

ASSASSINS:

TECHS:

SHOCKERS:

Flag Post

The tank needs no work except maybe the shield could be only for about 5 seconds. But the Blaster is very op at the moment. Those homing missiles cannot be stopped unless you use the smoke bomb on them and even when i go into a corner or i take cover from the missiles they still find a way to attack me. Even the blaster bomb is powerful, but those missiles are op.

Flag Post

Tank cant fly much but blaster can fly as high as scout. Thats what makes his missiles seem op he just needs nerf to his flying capability cause as of now you can stay as blaster in the air all match.
Remove the fact that tank can fly high tank can barely fly not to mention to fly for little needs a charge he is balanced.
You really need to stop putting these classes together only thing they have same is role and health, but their capabilities are different.

Flag Post

The Tank and Blaster are both Heavy Chassis classes. They do belong together.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

I think there are two main problems, 1 the blaster rockets may be op a bit, but the minigun is underpowered in comparison, there are very few cases where the minigun would be better to use than rocket, i think if rocket is nerfed the minigun needs to be buffed, 2 the tank is the best at capping, but i dont think any other classes are nearly as good at it, and since the main objective is to cap tanks are op in the sense they are most needed to win, i dont think the tank needs nerfing but i think it needs to be easier to cap with other classes, and since blaster is the other heavy maybe they could make it better for capping, KINDOF SOLUTION: it might be possible to solve both problems at once by buffing the minigun but also changing it to make blaster better at capping and nerf rocket, therefore making blaster more dual weapon dependent and the game less tank capping dependent

Flag Post

also on other things, first of all the blaster is rather slow, but the tank is not slow, when use right the tank can be faster than most classes, this is due to the high range of ways you can move as tank, the jetpack style mixed with using e leads to high mobility, though since the blaster has normal slow jetpack it only has e to speed it up.
tank strategies: as for all classes use bombs like theres no tomorrow, if you die you get new ones if not you didnt die so its great, second, save the q till you need it and try to use it as a surprise because your opponents will run if they see you with it and then come back and stab you in the back so either use when an almost dead enemy thinks they can kill you before they die or use to run to base for the most part, also a big part of tanking is using your stuns right, tank has e hammer and bomb for stuns and if done right you can kill an enemy and they can do almost nothing, i find the hammer has become less useful since the new classes but it can be worth it to switch to hammer press r and switch back, also a favorite of mine is since you have your e and more health than your opponent you can kamikaze bomb them midair and youll come out better than them from it, in fact just never be afraid to hit yourself witnh your bomb as long as it hits them too
TankvsTank get upclose and hammer bomb them if you can but be careful, if you end up with yuor hammer out and they have gun ut and your not right next to them your screwed, basically you either want to have a gun fight where you beat them with bombs and e, or they hav e gun out and you bash with hammer, or they have hammer out and you shoot with gun and keep your distance, always assume a tank enemy has their q so either be ready for them to get it out or do your est to get them close o dead then stun and kill quick before they can use it, wen theyre shielded you want to use your armashield, you want to lure them into getting out their hammer so theyll be much easier to beat
TankvSscout dont be intimidated by their smoke if they get close use your hammer and bombs up close if they far away just shield and always stun with e
TankvsTechs kill them, ASAP, use stuns so they cant self heal but not hammer unless theyre away from thing they can heal cause a good tech can have erratic movement with their healing gun
I could writev a lot more but I’d take forever, maybe more later if you want more tyips ask me personaly

Flag Post

Just a quick suggestion:
I vote for reducing tank shield to 5 seconds to make it possible to cap with other classes, and not make the “whole team goes tank” a guaranteed success anymore. With shortened spawn times, this works.

Also, possibly reduce blaster rocket damage to 50% and add bleed damage and more frequent stun? It’s not terrible right now, but seems slightly OP.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Sizrek:

Just a quick suggestion:
I vote for reducing tank shield to 5 seconds to make it possible to cap with other classes, and not make the “whole team goes tank” a guaranteed success anymore. With shortened spawn times, this works.

Also, possibly reduce blaster rocket damage to 50% and add bleed damage and more frequent stun? It’s not terrible right now, but seems slightly OP.

I’d rather bring damage down to 90% and call it good.

Flag Post

The only problem with nerfing the tank like that, is it’s not just making the tank not as good at capping it’s making it weaker in general, i don’t think you should make it weaker just either make it not as good at capping or make other classes better at capping, if you nerfed the shield then buff something else, because you have to take into account using tank in training and not everyone will use it to cap.

Flag Post
Originally posted by untellable:

The only problem with nerfing the tank like that, is it’s not just making the tank not as good at capping it’s making it weaker in general, i don’t think you should make it weaker just either make it not as good at capping or make other classes better at capping, if you nerfed the shield then buff something else, because you have to take into account using tank in training and not everyone will use it to cap.

not to mention he isnt only class good for capture point maps
gunner is good for sniping capturers,tech good for making it hard for other team to get back capture point with either blaster or shocker or tank

Flag Post
Originally posted by untellable:

I use the tank at training arena and I PWN EVERYONE (Excluding the pros, CPT and above). Here’s my tip, don’t be afraid to chase other scouts and or other classes. Even though sometimes your bullets will “lag” behind the enemy, give it a shot. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve chased down a scout. My tip in Training arena is to keep using the Hvy machinegun and stay around the middle of the map, if your chasing down someone, try no to go to the underside. Also, since we I’m near the middle, I HOARD the Mega. Now for most cases (Gunner excluded), other classes have to get to med-close range to deal good dmg. Remember, your a tank! Not only do you have the most health in the game (other then blaster), but you have good defense, meaning you take less dmg. Pound the enemy with your machinegun. Use your e ability to keep up with them (if they try to escape). Also note this, this is VERY IMPORTANT. Stun. If you can get your opponent stunned, they are screwed. If they (the enemy) even try to get close, use your e and ram them and also throw in a greanade. Once there hit, there screwed. Note also that if a scout tries to kill u with saber, switch to hammer. REMEMBER SCOUTS, we have twice the max health and have a q ability that gives us invincibility. Out mauler WILL STUN U! so don’t even think about getting near me. Try to use your q as a last resort, you want to use it at the right time! If you are noob, I suggest using at about 800-1000 health. I’ve played alot and I can judge when to use it, I use it around 600-300 health. But I’m a colonel, just sayin.

Flag Post

also try to chase the snipers if there are not to high up. They can really be a nuicance. Try to surprise them or e rush them and combo it with a grenade. Beat them with that machine gun!

Flag Post

Some tips on how to use the Tank properly:

I find that most noobs use the Tank’s Neutron Shell immediately apon encountering enemies. As an experienced Tank user, I can tell you right now that this is a BAD IDEA. Maximize your lifespan by waiting to activate the Shell until you’re down to 50% health or less.

Also, it’s a general rule of thumb that you shouldn’t use the Shell in a one-on-one encounter. Rather than waste the Shell fighting one enemy, use the Nullification Buckler (Alt-fire for the Blitzkrieg Mauler) to block ranged attacks. Autotargetting will usually keep the Buckler pointed at the enemy until they’re outside targetting range. Save the Neutron Shell until you find yourself confronting multiple enemies at once.

Flag Post

Maybe make the tank shield have a dmg limit ?

Flag Post

or keep it at the same lifespan and make a dmg limit idk sounds good to me ^^

Flag Post
Originally posted by Divegaz:

If you are talking about the Mauler’s Buckler (right-click), then yes the tank’s shield does have a limit to damage taken before it wears down. But the ‘Q’ shield doesn’t, and imo it’s balanced enough the way it is. Making it shorter will only worsen things.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Crestmage:

If you are talking about the Mauler’s Buckler (right-click), then yes the tank’s shield does have a limit to damage taken before it wears down. But the ‘Q’ shield doesn’t, and imo it’s balanced enough the way it is. Making it shorter will only worsen things.

No it doesn’t have a limit, it has a time limit. When you aren’t using it, it cools down.

Flag Post
Originally posted by mosemizrahi:

No it doesn’t have a limit, it has a time limit. When you aren’t using it, it cools down.

q shield can be bursted you just need tons of dmg in past mega dmg shotgun destroyed it in one shot or 2 shots without mega(in past shotgun was strongest weapon with stun,spread and dmg lot higher than sniper)
i would say dmg equivalent to 3 or more mines is whats needed to burst it(snipers dmg cant burst it due to slow rate of fire)

Flag Post
Originally posted by itsinthegame:
Originally posted by mosemizrahi:

q shield can be bursted you just need tons of dmg in past mega dmg shotgun destroyed it in one shot or 2 shots without mega(in past shotgun was strongest weapon with stun,spread and dmg lot higher than sniper)
i would say dmg equivalent to 3 or more mines is whats needed to burst it(snipers dmg cant burst it due to slow rate of fire)

It is not possible to burst Q shield. It can handle flamethrowers, turrets, snipers and saber hits at the same time. Actually, I ’m not sure if Mauler Shield has dmg limit. As far as I see, it wears off when it heats up, then it cools down, just like the weapon heat ray.

Flag Post

^There was a brief period of time when it was burst-able but that was terrible so they made it back to time. You can verify by popping the bubble and going into a frenzied battle. The shield’s timer goes down steadily no matter how much damage is done.

Flag Post
Originally posted by speakofsilence:

^There was a brief period of time when it was burst-able but that was terrible so they made it back to time. You can verify by popping the bubble and going into a frenzied battle. The shield’s timer goes down steadily no matter how much damage is done.

actually my team i was on bursted recently tanks q shield in lunar map with mines, our whole team was shocker and tank landed on them and died while using shield(i think 5 mines blew up,even he didnt knew it could be bursted,but it can)
also maulers shield cant be burst its time based(time limit is low though and only blocks front not sides or back and you cant shoot while using it but only throw f grenade)

Flag Post

Mines can burst but not with damage, they burst with shield disruption effect which also makes you unable to recharge your shield.