PhragX's Awesome Class Guides: Striker-Chasses

16 posts

Flag Post

I’ve created this thread to begin serious discussion about the Striker Chassis classes: Gunner and Blazer. Please discuss any combos, combat strategies, balancing problems, strengths, weakness, bugs, etc. that you know about Gunner or Blazer. I will be updating this thread when I have more time, so I hope the community takes it seriously and has something to offer.

5. GENERAL OVERVIEW: STRIKER-CHASSIS

Here we have the Gunner(old) and Blazer (new). This is probably the most rounded class. These guys are the 2nd-most durable class in the game and can deal a lot of steady damage.

Stats:
Hit Points: 3000
Shield Points: 1500

Pros:
- Mid-to-long range weaponry
- Best skills for finding/seeing enemy targets
- Fairly durable (2nd highest health and damage reduction)
- Quick attacks and powerful, overall
- Very strong bombs

Cons:
- Kinda slow, making them a bit campy
- Bombs can be hard to aim
- Technically, no melee skills
- Have skills that can hurt self and/or allies

Flag Post

6a. GUNNER

Skills:

QTactical Crouch: Must be standing to use (i.e. not jumping). The gunner crouches down, slightly reducing his hitbox and granting him an increase to critical strike chance with all guns. A red circle is made on the ground around his position, somewhat alerting players to his location.
NOTE: Unconfirmed glitch: occasionally the red circle does not appear, but the benefits of Tactical Crouch still apply.
Active time: Until cancelled. Cooldown (from time activated): None.

WCopter Kick: Activation causes the Gunner to spin rapidly while he twirls into the air. The user can gain great height when used with jetpack.
Movement Speed: Unknown.
Active time: 1.2 seconds. Cooldown (from time activated): 8.2 seconds.

EShatter Bomb: This bomb serves two purposes: lower enemy defenses and cause great damage.
NOTE: This bomb can hurt the user.
Cooldown: 1.5 seconds.

Mobility

Approaching

General Combat Tips

Versus…

(coming soon)

TANKS:

BLAZERS:

GUNNERS:

BLASTERS:

SCOUTS:

ASSASSINS:

TECHS:

SHOCKERS:

Flag Post

6b. BLAZER

Skills:

QRadiate: Boosts the user’s and nearby allies’ attack speed by 30%.
Active Time (Maximum): ~14.0 seconds. Cooldown (from time activated): ~61 seconds.

WSpectral Optics: This skill allows the Blazer to gain a sort of “heat vision”, allowing him to see all players, even through walls. Even invisible players can be seen while Spectral Optics is active.
Active time: 10.5 seconds. Cooldown (from time activated): ~16.5 seconds.

EBlaze Bomb: Upon impact, the bomb bursts into flames on the ground. The flames persist for a duration, hurting all players who step into it.
NOTE: This can damage the user and his allies.
Flame Duration: ~8.5 seconds. Cooldown: 1.5 seconds.

Mobility

Approaching

General Combat Tips

Versus…

(coming soon)

TANKS:

BLAZERS:

GUNNERS:

BLASTERS:

SCOUTS:

ASSASSINS:

TECHS:

SHOCKERS:

Flag Post

Before i thought the blazer was op but i realized that the blazers defense was horrible, so the flamethrower balances the blazer out. With the gunner i noticed that the shatter bomb is very inaccurate. When i shoot it the bombs sometimes flies to the opposite side of the target and i find that strange.

Flag Post
Originally posted by rja12:

Before i thought the blazer was op but i realized that the blazers defense was horrible, so the flamethrower balances the blazer out. With the gunner i noticed that the shatter bomb is very inaccurate. When i shoot it the bombs sometimes flies to the opposite side of the target and i find that strange.

Also I have noticed that when the first update the new classes and bombs came in, the shatter bomb did fly straighter. now it seems to dip even more than usual, which i don’t like. when it went a little straighter and faster i could kill people easier in the air. now it’s much harder cause the bomb just seems to drop like a rock when i shoot it while in the air.
As for the Versus, against assassin it can kill it fairly easily with ar and shatter bomb, but if you’re sniping you better keep your eyes out for that blur. Very deadly. As far as scouts go, they’re not too hard to kill, but when they use the bomb watch out. get away from it, use your e, and look out for that scout while the bomb effect wears off. learn how to use AR without lock on.if a tank is coming, it is a good choice to run away if it has full hp and bubble available for use or if it has just put the bubble on and has half hp. Blasters aren’t too hard to kill if you are close enough to q and full auto AR it (no lock on) and using shatter bomb. that being said, blaster can tar apart gunners with minigun and bomb combo. Techs and shockers aren’t hard, but watch out for the suppressors.
Sorry for the kind of rough explanations. Not going to be on for very long so i kind of rushed it.

Flag Post
Originally posted by cloakerx:
Originally posted by rja12:

Also I have noticed that when the first update the new classes and bombs came in, the shatter bomb did fly straighter. now it seems to dip even more than usual, which i don’t like. when it went a little straighter and faster i could kill people easier in the air. now it’s much harder cause the bomb just seems to drop like a rock when i shoot it while in the air.
As for the Versus, against assassin it can kill it fairly easily with ar and shatter bomb, but if you’re sniping you better keep your eyes out for that blur. Very deadly. As far as scouts go, they’re not too hard to kill, but when they use the bomb watch out. get away from it, use your e, and look out for that scout while the bomb effect wears off. learn how to use AR without lock on.if a tank is coming, it is a good choice to run away if it has full hp and bubble available for use or if it has just put the bubble on and has half hp. Blasters aren’t too hard to kill if you are close enough to q and full auto AR it (no lock on) and using shatter bomb. that being said, blaster can tar apart gunners with minigun and bomb combo. Techs and shockers aren’t hard, but watch out for the suppressors.
Sorry for the kind of rough explanations. Not going to be on for very long so i kind of rushed it.

I agree with the gunner part.

Flag Post

Gunner got melee, helicopter kick, its extremely usefull for kicking away assassins and scouts of you.
Really you calling them slow when supports,tanks,blaster are all slower not to mention they are as fast as assassin.
Only scout is faster then them.

Flag Post
Originally posted by itsinthegame:

Gunner got melee, helicopter kick, its extremely usefull for kicking away assassins and scouts of you.
Really you calling them slow when supports,tanks,blaster are all slower not to mention they are as fast as assassin.
Only scout is faster then them.

Assassins are faster than gunners when using their jetpack.

Flag Post

doubt that gunners can use helicopter kick to fly upwards quickly

Flag Post

Gunner tips:
- gunner is generally good at 1v1 fights- use q (makes you a smaller target) and unautod AR (more damage)
- also, the way to make the gunner faster is to jump while pressing the up arrow, and as soon as you hit the ground, jump again. Using this, you can outpace most every class (even scouts, if they are noobs)

Flag Post

You can’t hurt your teammates physically however hard you try, only yourself.

Flag Post
Originally posted by itsinthegame:

doubt that gunners can use helicopter kick to fly upwards quickly

On the contrary, they can. Chopper Kick also has knock-back and damage.

Flag Post
Originally posted by velociraptorr:

Except with those rabid ‘F-bombs’.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Crestmage:
Originally posted by velociraptorr:

Except with those rabid ‘F-bombs’.

Not even with the F-bombs. Try it sometime.

Flag Post

I have a question about blazer. When you lock on, with the flamethrower or the heat ray, does your firerate reduce? You move slower, but does your dps reduce? I’m not going to lock with flamethrower if it does.

Flag Post
Originally posted by mosemizrahi:

I have a question about blazer. When you lock on, with the flamethrower or the heat ray, does your firerate reduce? You move slower, but does your dps reduce? I’m not going to lock with flamethrower if it does.

as far as i know lock on slows you and reduces dmg but good luck fighting faster classes without lock on