Scout balance

15 posts

Flag Post

On Shuttle, Scouts are definetily underpowered. The small map and the central single control point is not well suited for their abilities. They can’t even consider get into the enter if there’s a enemy flamer.

The best they can do is roam around the edge trying to pick off Gunners and Blasters. Their granades are also decent to throw into the control point during a fight, but most classes simply bring more to the table in this map.

On Moon Base they are fairly balanced I feel. The map is bigger so mobility is more important. It’s still a control point map and they aren’t very good at defending nor assaulting a heavily guarded CP, but they can go around taking out isolated enemies and harassing incoming attackers so your teammates can capture the CP.

On Training Facility they are simply the best choice, period. Their mobility becomes extremely powerful, they can fly high into the air, scan the area for suitable targets, go in and slaughter the enemy and use Q and then E to fly out of range of anything other than enemy scouts before the enemy can retaliate.

While Blazers still destroy them, Scouts can simply not engage them or run away if engaged on, find another target or wait for the Blazer to be low on health and then go in for the kill.

So I don’t think Scouts are OP or UP by nature, it just dependes a lot on the map. So if the devs release more heavy mobility maps then Scouts will simply become the most popular class by far.

Flag Post

Flying around picking off stray players are basically their role in Shuttle Bay. And yeah, i agree that scouts are simply the best in Training Arena! :D

Flag Post

Scouts are not the best in the Training Area. A single blazer can be their nightmare, or a tank can pop up its shield and use bomb and then hammer the scout to its death. Or the tank can also use HMG if the scout is escaping.

Flag Post

^ Unless its a derp scout, the blazer will lose. But against tanks, scout loses unless it has a strategy.
Personally, though, I think the saber dash should do less damage, like about 75%. It’s just OP. But the chop and the gun are perfectly fine.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Sizrek:

^ Unless its a derp scout, the blazer will lose. But against tanks, scout loses unless it has a strategy.
Personally, though, I think the saber dash should do less damage, like about 75%. It’s just OP. But the chop and the gun are perfectly fine.

A lot of scouts won’t lose to tanks simply because in training area it is extremly easy to run away. Granted, that means they don’t often kill (mediocre and better) tanks, but it gives them a large advantage over just about every other class because of this. Specially with the amount of lag most of them have, which brings me to your other point of the saber nerf. I see so many scouts now-a-days that move fast enough and have enough lag that they can hit you before you can actually see them, meaning it is impossible to dodge or counter and their lag lets them hit you even when you can see that they aren’t close enough to. Not to mention that since they also spam smoke grenades, it makes for an essentially unwinable fight unless you know exactly what to do, and even in that case the scout will usually run and get away. I would like to see the scout nerfed a bit, but maybe this will change with the update that is supposed to make the game faster that FRG mentioned.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Sizrek:

For the scout to win, the blazer should be totally unaware of the scout’s presence, and the blazer must have heat ray equipped. Otherwise, even if the blazer dies, the scout will die because of the burning Dot. Most blazers lose because noobs like blazer and they use it.

Flag Post
Originally posted by mosemizrahi:

Scouts are not the best in the Training Area. A single blazer can be their nightmare, or a tank can pop up its shield and use bomb and then hammer the scout to its death. Or the tank can also use HMG if the scout is escaping.

Tank’s shield shouldn’t be a problem if the scout knows his stuff. Some stuff a scout SHOULD know is:
1. To the newbs out there, equip saber and ‘R’ is your Doped Saber Chop.
2. Know when to fall back. Whenever the tank activates shield or switches to mauler, back-up. Stop with the slashes switch to Submachine-gun. Don’t ever melee a tank with mauler. It’s stupid.
3. Know when to re-engage. After shield expires, use sabers and end him.
Note* Long-range is always better against tanks. It gives you extra escape time to fall back whenever the tank uses it’s shield.

Flag Post

I am not a highly skilled player, but this is my experience. Although scouts can find movement hard in Shuttle Bay simply because it is such a crowded map, just like assassins, a player can use this to his advantage. Rather than tackling any enemy or heavy head-on, the scout can employ hit and run tactics at the centre, continuously making loops through the shuttle then around it, using thunder kick as soon as it recharges. So effectively, you are making laps around the shuttle. Maybe go through the short axis of the shuttle, rather than the long axis, because if you lap through the long axis, enemy snipers can take you down in the tunnel.
Having mobility in an open space such as the training arena or moon base is good for the scout obviously. But I also think it can be bad, because it leaves you exposed (especially fragile as a scout), out in the open. Capping is made very difficult and you cannot utilize walls and corners as much – the opponent can see you and track you very clearly. It is sometimes best therefore, especially against blazers, to stay a long range away from the enemy (whilst constantly moving) and wear them down in attrition with the SMG. You may even choose to stay on the rim (the circumference) of the training arena and shoot on either side, doing laps and keeping up top speed.

Flag Post

the smoke is the problem here cuz of the smoke it makes them realllllllyy hard 2 kill

Flag Post

I fined scout really easy to kill if you do it right… Step one hit the scout when hes not expecting it, step 2 corner the scout. step 3 Laugh at its dead body! P.s If you gang a scout hes a goner doesn’t matter how good that scout isn’t going to beat 2 blasters at once. XD

Flag Post

Good for you, now try fighting a scout who smoked you. Turns the whole game into a crapshot. This is suppposed to be tactial according to Frg not lucky shots.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Ragex3:

Good for you, now try fighting a scout who smoked you. Turns the whole game into a crapshot. This is suppposed to be tactial according to Frg not lucky shots.

Have you tried hip-firing?

Flag Post

Scouts are fairly balance, with their pros and their problems

+ They are really fast and can fly very high.
+ Doper saber is enough balanced, imagine trying to kill a gunner without it… is really hard.
+ That new “smoke granade” is really good for kill people who uses tank/blazer/blaster. Or for a quick escape.
+ “Q” abilitie is reall usefull, you can use them for rush or for escape.

- You can’t handle more than 2 enemies at the same time, since i can’t take 2 granades or gunners or tanks x.x .
- Submachine gun ammo is really low, and it makes nothing vs beasts like tanks. You need 2 clips for kill a gunner.
- (The most notable) Is really easy to kill Scouts because our low Health Point.
- Doper saber can’t be spamed, or used more than 3 times in a row, Also, it need recharge.

I think that’s my fav classe, fast and agile, just perfect with my personality :)

Also, if you are smoked by a scout, (unless you are a blazer, then use your fire skills), try to escape or hide, is beter than face them by the hard way.

Flag Post
Originally posted by SupersSonics:

+ Doper saber is enough balanced, imagine trying to kill a gunner without it… is really hard.
+ That new “smoke granade” is really good for kill people who uses tank/blazer/blaster. Or for a quick escape.

- You can’t handle more than 2 enemies at the same time, since i can’t take 2 granades or gunners or tanks x.x .
- Submachine gun ammo is really low, and it makes nothing vs beasts like tanks. You need 2 clips for kill a gunner.
- (The most notable) Is really easy to kill Scouts because our low Health Point.
- Doper saber can’t be spamed, or used more than 3 times in a row, Also, it need recharge.

I think that’s my fav classe, fast and agile, just perfect with my personality :)

Also, if you are smoked by a scout, (unless you are a blazer, then use your fire skills), try to escape or hide, is beter than face them by the hard way.

1st Welcome back supersonics!!! :D

2nd Scouts sword can be spammed. Its annoying as heck but it can be spammed and its spammed a lot by newbies. I think sword should not be able to home on enemies in smoke, should not make scout go faster when using it in target lock.

Flag Post
Originally posted by joshthekiller:
Originally posted by SupersSonics:

1st Welcome back supersonics!!! :D

2nd Scouts sword can be spammed. Its annoying as heck but it can be spammed and its spammed a lot by newbies. I think sword should not be able to home on enemies in smoke, should not make scout go faster when using it in target lock.

1st I am not comiing again, but i am practising to a game similar, anywyas Hellow josh :D

2nd It can not be spamed when you use “r”, the reload time is really long if you’re playing with more than 10 ppl. Also, you should know that our only adv. is the sword, we can’t do anything without the sword, I never see a scout killing a tank without the sword. And the damage of the sword is really well balanced, is not OP but is not UP aswell =)