Paying to respawn.

26 posts

Flag Post

OK, can you please make the pay to instantly respawn thing a different button? I’ve clicked it several times and wasted money. I hope that’s now on purpose.

Flag Post
Originally posted by SargesCool:

OK, can you please make the pay to instantly respawn thing a different button? I’ve clicked it several times and wasted money. I hope that’s now on purpose.

Yeah i’ve never pressed the button but im scared at some point i will.

Flag Post

bazz, just click the “Quote post” below his post count to quote :P
And people never seem to be happy with the key the button is on…It needs to be a key that can be pressed quickly for fast-paced battles, but is out of the way of wherever people normally press. I’m personally fine with enter, but if you don’t like it you should actually suggest other things

Flag Post

It only costs 50 gold. And if you’re so scared, then stop clicking the screen.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Crestmage:

50 cash is alot when you think about it. For example if you buy a 50 cash respawn 1 time in shuttle and you end up losing that whole game at the end you lose your cash for that round. Also if you win that round and get 100 cash buying 1 50 cash respawn only lets you get a 50 cash back.

Flag Post
Originally posted by rja12:
Originally posted by Crestmage:

50 cash is alot when you think about it. For example if you buy a 50 cash respawn 1 time in shuttle and you end up losing that whole game at the end you lose your cash for that round. Also if you win that round and get 100 cash buying 1 50 cash respawn only lets you get a 50 cash back.

Ditto. Also, accidentaly pressing the respawn button makes me not want to play anymore because of that reason… :(

Flag Post

Perhaps a cost of 30 cash to respawn sounds more reasonable. Respawning can really turn the tide of the match if done at the right time (coordinated with the effort of the rest of your team). The lowest I could see it going to is 25 cash, because even if you lose, you still get 25 cash. So spending that cash to possibly turn the tide of the game and make 100 out of that 25 is a reasonable investment with no risk at all (you end up with no net loss even if your quick respawn was for nothing).

Flag Post

We will be removing the feature to use Cash for immediate respawns in the next major update. It is the last feature that has the potential to make the game pay to win for those using read money to gain an advantage. Albeit, this advantage is quite small and players can use the in-game currency, Cash; nevertheless, it is going away.

Flag Post
Originally posted by freerangegames:

We will be removing the feature to use Cash for immediate respawns in the next major update. It is the last feature that has the potential to make the game pay to win for those using read money to gain an advantage. Albeit, this advantage is quite small and players can use the in-game currency, Cash; nevertheless, it is going away.

Hoorah! :D will finally be able to save up for tech and shocker now, as my blasted need to rejoin immediately, even if i have a 6 second countdown for respawning, shall be held in check! :D

EDIT: Well, save up for them then, not now, rather.

Flag Post

A good decision made.

Flag Post

Well I guess I will need to burn through about 15k cash before the update.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Kelfer:

Or you could hoard all your money like I am for the next big update after this one :P

Flag Post
Originally posted by gexsiun:
Originally posted by Kelfer:

Or you could hoard all your money like I am for the next big update after this one :P

Well, since I bought all the weapons I still have 4 new classes to cash in whenever they’re released… But you’re right I’ll prolly horde incase it comes in handy for something else.

Flag Post

Next update sounds like it will be awesome!

Flag Post

Since we won’t be able to buy a respawn, does that mean maximum respawn time will be lowered?

Flag Post
Originally posted by user10000:

Since we won’t be able to buy a respawn, does that mean maximum respawn time will be lowered?

It’s low enough as it is. They raised it so killing people actually did something, rather than having them respawn quickly and be right back to the CP. I think it should still be higher like when they originally raised it, that way people would learn not to just suicide/kamikaze so much.

Flag Post

I originally wasn’t too keen on this… Until I played a few moonbase matches yesterday in which it was 1v2 and 2v3 (me on the former) matches and a few rocket spammers kept buying instant respawns. I may have kept them from capping, but I wasn’t able to cap by myself, it was just super annoying really long games.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Djinn99:

It’s low enough as it is. They raised it so killing people actually did something, rather than having them respawn quickly and be right back to the CP. I think it should still be higher like when they originally raised it, that way people would learn not to just suicide/kamikaze so much.

I guess it was kind of a long shot. :(

You’re mentioning more of minimum respawn time (1 – or is it 0?) though. Personally, I’d be happy waiting 10-25 seconds instead of 1-30 seconds for respawn. However, I believe FRG mentioned sometime or another that people respawned in groups, so that might not work out.

Flag Post

You do respawn in groups. That is why the respawn time varies. It will become more apparent that you respawn in groups with immediate respawn taken out.

Raising the minimum respawn time as a penalty for death might be worth considering.

Flag Post

^ Ehhhh…..more waiting, less killing D;

Maybe make the capping rates faster on the maps? But IMO, the respawn times are pretty good as they are now. Once team balancing is fixed, it should be pretty fair.

I don’t mean to be rude, but would you be able to give an estimate on the date of the next update? Is fine if you are not able, I am just curious as to when I won’t ge constantly obliterated with blaster super tracker rockets (hurt like crap as light class), and the fix for tank shield (due to small shuttle map size and duration, makes a team of tanks nearly unbeatable).

Flag Post
Originally posted by Sizrek:

^ Ehhhh…..more waiting, less killing D;

Maybe make the capping rates faster on the maps? But IMO, the respawn times are pretty good as they are now. Once team balancing is fixed, it should be pretty fair.

I don’t mean to be rude, but would you be able to give an estimate on the date of the next update? Is fine if you are not able, I am just curious as to when I won’t ge constantly obliterated with blaster super tracker rockets (hurt like crap as light class), and the fix for tank shield (due to small shuttle map size and duration, makes a team of tanks nearly unbeatable).

Optimizing and lightening code takes a looooooongg time. I don’t want to imagine how long is would take to shorten up the code to this game D:
I also think balancing is a bit of an issue, but that conversation is for a different thread :P

Flag Post

Gexsiun is correct. It’ll take a long time. The graphics quality will be stripped down considerably. Some people will notice it, others won’t. We want to focus on gameplay, which we feel is what FreeFall Tournament really has to offer. We may add HD graphics back in for people later who have the computers who can handle it, but it won’t be all at once.

Flag Post

I’ve done it a few times with this account that i don’t normally use, But since i use my FFT account more often i don’t waste that much money…..Also guys i’m Pyrotechnic, You guys have probably played with me before.

Flag Post

Gexsiun is correct. It’ll take a long time. The graphics quality will be stripped down considerably. Some people will notice it, others won’t. We want to focus on gameplay, which we feel is what FreeFall Tournament really has to offer. We may add HD graphics back in for people later who have the computers who can handle it, but it won’t be all at once.

I would like the medium to stay it looks good already and causes little lag.
However the high quality on my good windows 7 is terrible.

Flag Post

Wow there is people on earth who actually get that Graphics and realism don’t mean everything. I mean seriously, there are a couple people i know that would pay to play a horrible game, that had the best graphics of this gen. . People rely on graphics way to much, gameplay is what matters graphics are the side job. :p