RIP REAL FREEFALL TOURNAMENT

42 posts

Flag Post

Rest in Peace to the real freefall tournament. Which was actually an aerial-based game. Im sorry FRG, but the older version was way better.The slide is pointless, the shift sprint was much better, alot more realistic. You can tell you were getting hit and theyre were damage indicators.
THIS IS NOT FREEFALL TOUNRMANENT ANYMORE!!!
ITS NOW CALLED PLAZMA BURST 3 (sucky graphics)

Flag Post

I agree with you on some of your points but, REST IN PEACE????

Flag Post

This is a bit dramatic, I think.

Change can be hard. But at least give it a fair chance. The slide feature adds a new combat option that people are anxious to try out. Aerial combat isn’t dead, and neither is FFT.

Flag Post

Frefall tournamentr is dead now. it looks childish and incomplete game.
like it was rushed or something… I SAY GO BACK TO THE OLD GAMe!!!!!!
real skill= more fun=more peope playing.
the slide feature is a worthless combat option.
THIS IS AN AERIAL-BASED GAME not people fighting with little skateboards flying around

Flag Post

FFT is dead? Did you make/name/rule the game? This seems a bit presumptuous…

And why does the option of sliding mean you can no longer have aerial battles? Real skill would be assessing all your options and combining all the elements into a fluid, coherent play style. If you don’t like the sliding, don’t use it.

(Pssst. Jumping is still spacebar. It didn’t change.)

Flag Post

First off the update decreased lag, loading time, and gave us sliding which allows us to do on ground battles. Players don’t want to wait for loading they want to play, this game is fun to play, has Kong. graphics they will improve in the future but give it time its only 1 year old. Iamanonymous. your opinion does not matter compared to 40 opinions.

Flag Post

Only thing I dislike of new update is menu screen.

Flag Post

The hell is going on here?

Flag Post

they said that they had removed all lags with the new version,but that isent true – I have more lags and bugs then before !!

Flag Post
Originally posted by joshthekiller:

First off the update decreased lag, loading time, and gave us sliding which allows us to do on ground battles. Players don’t want to wait for loading they want to play, this game is fun to play, has Kong. graphics they will improve in the future but give it time its only 1 year old. Iamanonymous. your opinion does not matter compared to 40 opinions.

e only one
look at other forums and in the chat, I would say that Iamanonymous is not the only one,not at all just go in a game and ask youre teammates or in kongchat ….he is not the only one

Flag Post

So far, it seems like veteran players either try to like the update by saying it grows on you. New players seem to like it though. I miss the high res art though, the awesome graphics played a huge part in this game’s interest factor. But I guess for mobile, it had to be done.

This thread is both right and wrong. It is right because the old combat system was a lot better, with the health indicator, and the graphics EASILY beat those of other kong games. But it is wrong because there is still indeed aerial combat, though the new veesion of it isnt as fun for some reason. Maybe graphics? Who knows. But idc, as long as you guys still enjoy it, my opinion doesnt matter.

To sum it up, gameplay is pretty fun (especially moon base), and the sliding feature is pretty cool, I must say, but the game lost some of its charm. But as I said, most people probably disagree with this, so it doesnt really matter. Hf peeps!

And seriously…did they increase the volume of the death groan? Its F’in hilarious hearing that from multiple dying people :D

Flag Post

I just want back (at least) the screen or warning when you get a kill or they cap the point.. i am really confused at this point.

Flag Post

bu…bu… Shocker so fun q.q… I get to slideeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. High res graphics don’t bother me because these lower graphics help me cope by giving me fewer glaring errr…. FREEZEE SCREENSES

Flag Post

Well this game isnt dieing…. actually I think it actually has more people playing since no one lags as much. Also this game probably didnt have a set fight type like aerial or on the ground from the beginning, so that point is just invalid, its just what you liked the best.

Flag Post

First off. FRG is bringing back those systems that you know tell you when you get a kill, have low hp, or someone has capped the point. Or most of them, But you gotta be patient guys. Also the amount of players who play this game HAS GONE UP! So ya FRG’s plan is working.

Flag Post

Josh is correct.

Flag Post

I see nothing wrong with the new freefall all they did was make it lighter and faster the graphics could use a little work but i can live with it and honestly i love the new sliding ability

Flag Post

plus the lag everyone has been complaining about is gone

Flag Post

After the most recent patch:

AWESOME! Training arena and Moon Base look WAAYYYY better. Smooth gameplay, visuals that aren’t quite what they used to be, but still EXCELLENT. Smooth gameplay, pretty much lagless. Sweeet

Flag Post

This wasn’t even during peak hours. That’s seven games running, with four of them nearly full. 74 people online, in games, in the middle of the afternoon. I wouldn’t be saying ‘RIP freefall’ so much as ‘hoorah, freefall is reborn!’

Flag Post
Originally posted by PhragX:

This is a bit dramatic, I think.

Change can be hard. But at least give it a fair chance. The slide feature adds a new combat option that people are anxious to try out. Aerial combat isn’t dead, and neither is FFT.

I agree with you, FRG is just trying out this new update, they still need to make adjustments, but they need it to be “tested”. This new version is just “in beta”.

Flag Post

That’s a bunch of crap, firefury. I’m gonna call you and anyone else out: If the game property takes REAL WORLD MONEY, it is not beta. You can call it beta, but once you start accepting currency for services you have an obligation to offer a reliable and useful product.

Real game companies test their new features INTERNALLY —amateurs spam it out there, ready or not, and make the users test it. Enjoy being an unpaid “beta-tester” for FRG.

Flag Post
Originally posted by packetninja:

That’s a bunch of crap, firefury. I’m gonna call you and anyone else out: If the game property takes REAL WORLD MONEY, it is not beta. You can call it beta, but once you start accepting currency for services you have an obligation to offer a reliable and useful product.

Real game companies test their new features INTERNALLY —amateurs spam it out there, ready or not, and make the users test it. Enjoy being an unpaid “beta-tester” for FRG.

How do you know they didn’t test internally? It works, doesn’t it? Also, after that internal testing, the only way to test how code is going to react with hundreds of different players and playstyles would be to test it with hundreds of different players and playstyles (ie. literally exactly this.). The alternative to this, where you get to give input to all the new features, would be FRG releasing this game without any player input. The uniqueness of FFT is how interactive FRG is with us.

Also, the money thing is dumb. If you spend money, it’s an investment to make the product better. Just like you might invest in a budding business or in a kickstarter project. Only difference is in this case, you get extra convenience for your donation.

Flag Post
Originally posted by packetninja:

It bothers me when people complain about a free-to-play game, especially one that’s in beta.

packetninja, have you ever worked at a job where you said “Okay, I’ll work 40 hours per week, 52 weeks each year. Please tell me everything you think I can do better and just pay me if you ever feel like it.” ? No? Why not?

Developers need support, too, so if you’re playing their game and not supporting them, at least be a little considerate when you offer your feedback.

Thanks.

Flag Post

Packetninja has room to speak, as do speakof silence and PhragX. All of your points are valid to a degree. I’ll leave it at that. We will keep trying to do better. Even tonight at 10pm on a Saturday, we are working to improve things.