I have noticed that several people mentioned breeding in the suggestion box. I am just going to assume that since Terra Monsters reminds people of pokemon, they are going; HEY pokemon has breeding so Terra Monsters should have breeding too! The thing is that while Terra Monsters and Pokemon are similar, there are several key differences that makes breeding extremely impractical.
First of all, let me provide a list of what people breed for in pokemon:
1. Better genes/stats/ivs. Whatever you call them, it’s a secret number that has a significant influence on how high your pokemon’s stats will become. The numbers range from 1 to 31, the higher the better. I’m not going to explain it any further, but if you are curious, then you are free to look it up at Bulbapedia. However the important thing is that as far I as I know, terra monsters DO NOT HAVE these genes. So obviously you can’t breed for something that doesn’t exist. No onto the next point. Now some of you might say, well why don’t we add these genes!
Why genes shouldn’t be added: Well no matter how you do this, a good number of people are going to be VERY unhappy if you add genes. You could make it so every already existing terramon gets it’s genes randomly assigned. This will make a small number of very lucky people happy as they got good genes and a lot of unlucky people very angry as they got crap genes. This anger will probably be around 5000 times greater for people who have very high level terramons.
Another option is that you have to breed for these better stats, the problem is here that once again the high level players will likely once again get POED. Since they would have to take the sucky choice of starting over with weak terramons or keep their high level terramon all the while knowing that eventually terramons with high levels and great genes are going to start kicking their butts.
Yet another option is to just make all of the currently existing terramons have the best stats possible. The problem with this is that any newbies who join the very next day after this is implemented might be all resentful of missing out. Especially since it would take quite a long while for these newbies to make the new majority since they would have to compete with tens of thousands of players with optimized terramon.
2. Natures: All pokemon have a nature which influences their stats. Natures do either one of two things. They either have increase one stat and decrease a different stat, or the nature does not affect stats at all. Generally people will breed for a nature that decreases the weaker attacking stat and boosts the specific stat they want to boost depending on their needs.
Why it would be bad to add natures to Terramon: Basically it would suck for about the same reasons as stats and someone will get in short end of the stick.
3. Egg moves: In pokemon you can breed moves into your pokemon that they would not learn otherwise. This is done by breeding a male of a different species that knows the move in question and then breeding it to a female of the species you want the baby to be.
Why adding this to Terra Monsters would suck: Well for one, we don’t really know a lot about the moves our terramon can already learn. We don’t know how strong one move is compared to another, how much they affect stats compared to another moves, how likely they are to create status effects and so on. This would make it difficult to decide what moves you would want to breed onto your terramon.
Another problem is that once again is could upset the high level players. Once again they would have to make a choice between keeping their high level terramons and eventually getting their butts kicked by terramon with better movepools or starting over.
Or you could just give everyone a choice of what moves they want and then risk making newbies that come by later mad.
4. Baby pokemon: This is generally to fill in a few spots in your pokedex or to get a pokemon to learn a move that it would not learn otherwise.
Why this shouldn’t be added. One this is not a gotta catch them all game like pokemon this. Two this would just creates the same problems that egg moves would create. 3rdly, it would cost a lot of money to create baby terramon. Lastly these baby terramon would be an utter pain to raise. As things are right now, 1st/2nd stage terrammon need just as much exp to level up as their final stages do.
5. Shinies: Some people may try to breed for shiny pokemon or alternate colored pokemon using the Masuda method. The Masuda method is when you breed two pokemon that came from games in different languages. For example breeding an English Magikarp to a Japanese one. This method makes it six times more likely that any eggs you breed will be shiny.
Why this won’t be able to be bred for: We already have a way to get different colorations. These are called skins that we can buy so this won’t be added.
This concludes my argument for why breeding will not be added for a long time if ever,