booster packs and promo cards?

20 posts

Flag Post

So far i’m level 18 and I have 216 cards that I bought through booster packs which include “all rarities”. Is it me or do I have the worst luck? I have yet to receive a promo card.

when I battle random players they seem to be the same level as I and their decks always have 2+ promo cards. Am i buying the wrong thing? or am i doing something wrong here?

could i maybe get the % chance of what we get from the packs, or just other random players list their level, card amount, and number of ultra rare and promo cards?

Flag Post

I got promos out of standard, I think that’s the one u mean?

In any case, I heard promos are like 1 in every 20 packs on average or so in standard so… 30ish packs and no promo, while on the rare side, is perfectly possible

Flag Post

im lvl 17 with 200 cards 0 promo. i don’t even have that many super rares. my boosters are usually 1 super rare (if im lucky) 1-2 rares and the rest is trash.

Flag Post

yeah i started out buying standard packs but i ended up getting cards that i couldn’t even use because i lacked the leader. so i moved back to the element packs and I’ve bought quite a few of those and it still makes me sad….

Flag Post

The odd for promos in standard and elemental packs are 5% (every pack).

You have 216 cards, 16 you got in the game begin (your 1st and 2nd decks), assuming you didn’t got cards from achievments, daily prizes, bought pre sets and cards from lab, you bought 200 cards from standard = 25 packs (25 packs * 8 cards = 200 total cards)

With a percentual of 5%, if you buy 100 packs, probably you’ll get 5 promos, 25 packs is exacly 1/4 of this total = 5/4 = 1,25

For every 200 cards bought, the common number of promos you should have = “1” , “0” or “2” depending of your luck

Flag Post

aznguyjohn, try Basic boosters. Probably, you will have better luck for hero cards there.

Flag Post

I am level 11 and have 252 cards and ZERO are promo.. just wanted to throw my 2cents in

Flag Post
Originally posted by BeardlessBlake:

I am level 11 and have 252 cards and ZERO are promo.. just wanted to throw my 2cents in

Hehe, can beat this: 503 cards, zero promos from packs ;)

Flag Post

funny story. first standard booster got a promo. now i have the challenge to get a promo, still incomplete lol
LVL 25

Flag Post

330 cards
around 7 promos.
Seems fine to me.

Flag Post

lvl 20

283 cards

0 promo

and i only bought the basic booster for quest so the rest are standard.

get on my level.

Flag Post

I got my first promo at level 28 from an achievement, Ice Troll. I’m now level 36, with 688 cards. I have 5 promos. 2 from achievements, 2 from campaigns and one from PRO boosters (bought with free kreds) after buying 6 of them. Not yet gotten a single promo from normal boosters. (I can’t do much other than farm friends because I’m so weak for me level). Recently in the last 5 darks boosters I bought I got 1 super rare, no ultra rares or promos.

Flag Post

hi i’m lvl 18 and i have 2 promo cards
1. stumir
2. arimas
and have 295 cards.

Flag Post

If it’s any consolation, I only got 2 promos in my first 100 standard packs (800 cards). But then it evened out eventually. Now I have more than 28,000 cards and 400 promos. So it’s all relative. :)

Flag Post

in standard chances are higher in elemental booster as in normal booster.

got 4 butchers and 2 Nahoru before I had a Tiamat. Still no Adrelian, Rael, Almena and Jormungand but a bunch of the other promos.

One I will break even.

Flag Post

Lvl33 still can’t finish the quest Try your luck,that means I got 0 promo from std boosters after spending almost 300k imps.

Flag Post

I think it’s not to rare since super-rare aint super rare pretty common in my eyes when it comes to creatures. Promo is the only rare creature for me. I don’t really care if i dont get anything since standard booster only cost 10k. IF PROMO WERE COMMON it would becomse useless to have any goals in the game…

Flag Post

Well Professional and Standard boosters are different. It also depends if you use ounces or not. Choosing a specific element booster only allows you to get cards from that element, such as spamming Plains Elemental Boosters, you could only get Adrelian, Bronze Dragon, Bagatur, and Snake Priest. Standard all has a chance to get all element promos and neutral promos, which elemental boosters do not give. If you use ounces (the little bronze thingies) then you would have a DOUBLE chance to get promo cards rather than if you used imperials (the little silverish thingies). I received my first promo from a standard was I believe jormungand, which I bought a standard booster no specific elements, and that was around 300 cards for me.

Flag Post
Originally posted by trollbolt:

I think it’s not to rare since super-rare aint super rare pretty common in my eyes when it comes to creatures. Promo is the only rare creature for me. I don’t really care if i dont get anything since standard booster only cost 10k. IF PROMO WERE COMMON it would becomse useless to have any goals in the game…

That’s true, they made promo cards rarer because they are the more powerful cards. If everyone could just get it by spending 10k imperials, then it would be useless and a stupid rage against all kind of game. Plus, those ‘lower card rarities are actually very good if you use them in a good way. Some such as healers, you would definitely want to go with that. Guardian, useful function, I’ve seen some non-promos with it. I remember I made a swamp squad, usin’ bumble, the little weak card that has strong hit (because I had swamp leader and a healer) and killed a promo card like Leviathan. Also, there is an exclusive equipment I see many professional guys play that isn’t a promo card and I got it when I was like level 12 or something. It is staff of distortion, which screws me over so many times in combat because it ‘instantly kills my cards’ and therefore halts my progress and it is a super-rare card.

Flag Post

You can also get promo cards from the mini-set, which are guaranteed those promos. It’s not always super expensive, if you spend 60 ounces, or maybe 500k imperials. If that’s too hard I just recommend sticking to a certain standard booster such as plains or darkness because they can provide a very good squad in later levels, such as having a ton of butchers, or a few bronze dragons with insatiable blade or staff of distortion. Though by then, I guarantee you’ll probably get a better hero, even though they aren’t as common. If you also get a common hero, use those useless cards you got to enhance him in the laboratory. I’ve seen some cards that get REAL nasty there and is the lowest rarity, especially the swamp and dark ones.