'Gift' set question

21 posts

Flag Post

While perusing through the 600 card collection, I noticed that there are quite a few different sets through which cards are sorted into: Basic(starter cards?), Standard (basic, standard & elemental boosters), Professional (pro boosters), Achievement (achievement rewards), Exclusive (campaign rewards) & Gift. The latter is where my question lies. How does one get those cards? I’ve only seen a few cards (Arrowthrower & Demon of Nobility)… are there more?

Flag Post

your missing special =P, Btw some exclusives are also from lab,

gift cards like demon of Nob and orc Warlord , And the unimpressive swampy guy, forgot his name, are the 3 unique reward from the $ boxes,
The rest like arrowthrower and such, arent available anymore as they where gifts for beeing around at a specific Festivity days.

Hope this helps a bit =)

Flag Post

Developers – can you please let newer players obtain these gift set cards? Several give a distinct advantage in combat.

And you completely undermine a purpose of a ccg – a collectible card game if you can’t collect some of the cards!

You could make them obtainable by proving loyalty – ie if you hit level 5, 10, 15, 20 you obtain the cards. For those that already have the card, maybe gift them a random rare to ultra-rare card to compensate.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

There are only two gift cards – Heavy Cavalry, and Arrow thrower. The rest cards are marked by “Gift” incorrect, we will fix this. They may be made available in the future as prizes, as I know.

Flag Post

Oh okay, that clears things up. Heavy Calv and Arrowthrower are really, really nice cards.

Prizes seem okay if accessible to all – otherwise they’ll still be inaccessible.

Thank you for the reply. I’m curious why the admin removed two posts here? O.o

Flag Post

Technically I think there are 3 real gift cards?

Arrowthrower is a Kongregate only gift card.

Heavy Cavalry and Snegurochka are Facebook only gift cards.

Demon of Nobility, Orc Warboss, and Blowzyg are “Unique Promos” given out with the largest booster box purchases, and confusingly marked as “gift” as well.

Flag Post

FullThrottle1, because there was an error in one post and the reply was wrong, too because of this.

Flag Post
Originally posted by AlexBytex:

There are only two gift cards – Heavy Cavalry, and Arrow thrower. The rest cards are marked by “Gift” incorrect, we will fix this. They may be made available in the future as prizes, as I know.

When in the future? What exact day? And as you know – so you’re not certain this will occur?

It’s been a month since this post came up. I keep running into these cards every 3 days or so as well.

I’m not going to put $$ into a CCG until I am sure I at least have a decent chance to get each card. Otherwise with the strength, artwork, and caliber of these gift cards, that’s favoritism and simply unfair.

Flag Post

FullThrottle1, I am not the game designer and I cannot promise you that this or that card will be made purchasable at certain day, sorry. If I promise you and then it won’t be done – this is unfair, you’re right.
The game designers work on the game development constantly. There are a lot of thing to do. I hope these gift cards will be available for purchase soon, too.

Flag Post

9 months since these words were said by a then member of the Bytex team:

Originally posted by AlexBytex:

FullThrottle1, this is unfair, you’re right.
…… I hope these gift cards will be available for purchase soon, too.

Now i’d like to see a response to this issue from the Bytex team. What will be done??? The gift cards then had no impact on the gameplay , they were just nice cards. Now we have gamecanging gift cards out. The whole case that was described as “unfair” then , has just about been made 5 times more unfair. Any solutions planned? Or has there been a change of policy. Surely a one-time offer of the gift cards was not the fix? That’s just the same error made over again!

Flag Post

I see no reason to oppose offering those gift cards again in the store as a set for 100 ounces, if Bytex wants to do that again.

Flag Post

Gift cards give a good advantage, but I think there should be a way that someone can’t just spam all the gift cards over and over, giving a too unfair advantage. I would agree if it allowed players to be able to obtain cards they missed because they made their account too late. Maybe a single option where you can only buy gift cards that you don’t have? Or something simpler. But I like the idea of the cards returning in general, hate one of the views as it may come back.

Flag Post

i always loved the idea of a cap on certain cards, especially the game-changing or game-breaking ones. In fact from the version of the gameplay a far more enjoyable solution than all the nerfs we have seen.

A regular occuring mini-set of the gift cards once or several times a year will solve my issues with unfair advantages. But so will making a miniset with similar skills. Players should not be made to compete against skills, which they do not have free acess too (the specific cards are no issue for me, i’m not a collector).

Flag Post

I think the best solution is just to make those cards available again as a miniset.

I have never once heard of a single player wanting limited-edition cards to stay limited edition. And Bytex would make more money by letting us buy them again. Seems like a no-brainer.

Flag Post

and what about “alpha dragon” – neutral 3 crystal 3 attack 6 life – Flight. Gift set – Promo only for testers during November 2011!!!

Flag Post
Originally posted by wadreth:

and what about “alpha dragon” – neutral 3 crystal 3 attack 6 life – Flight. Gift set – Promo only for testers during November 2011!!!

That’ll make a lot of players NOW unhappy and upset. Like ME. :D

Flag Post

find another gift card. Maybe I missed the time it was given out : night assassin. Go look. Another card I miss

Flag Post

Night Assassin was the reward for CW (being in the first 5 clans of june era).
At least it wasnt a single day event reward, so, imho, less unfair than others.

As for Alpha Dragon, i see no reason to complain. I’ve joined the game after alpha, so i havent that card, but i think it’s simply nice they gifted something special to their testers. It isnt even a game changer.

I guess though Bytex will release all the gift cards again, like they have done the past year. A huge pack with mini-sets and gift cards for a considerable amount of ounces, that many will find too expensive. I wish Bytex would find another way (and i’ve suggested something in the appropriated topic), but as a mindless collector i’m fine as long as i’ve access, and all the players have access, to all cards (and again, i’m not referring to alpha dragon or night assassin or the new special card, if there will be one, rewarded for CW).

Flag Post

ok. I found the topic. As I don’t play CW, it is up to me to change or not.