Land conquest is a sort of pyramid scheme

8 posts

Flag Post

wikipedia article on pyramid scheme

Land conquest is a kind of pyramid scheme. Since the only sources of land are the campaigns each player has access (around 12-15 lands per player, haven’t counted them throughly), in order for everyone to conquest lands and have big islands, the game needs to have a steady supply of new suckers players to be pillaged.

Once this supply of new donors players dwindles, the game will see a shortage of available land, since active players do not lose land (and really should not).

Quitters like our estimated OMGWTFFFS do the remaining a favor by returning their water land to the tribe game community, but it only postpones the inevitable collapse of the structure when the supply of land is smaller than the needs of the community.

TL:DR: if new players dont come to the game to be stripped of their lands, there is not enough land for everyone.

Flag Post

This would be true, except that there is nothing stopping you from making many kong accounts to create more lands, and then abandoning those accounts, increasing the supply of lands.

Flag Post

Well, I do not know how the synergy between the kongregate terms of use and a specific game terms of use interact on this issue. Kongregate has no multi-account policy: you can have as many kongregate logins as you wish, and several times it is useful (one login for your gamer persona, another for your game studio publish games, etc).

Bytex on the other hand, DO. They have some “standardized facebook game TOS” in a footer link on the game page. In there it states one account per person. But it is the same TOS as the facebook version, where facebook enforces one acc per person. So can bytex ban a kong player from their game? probably yes, I would not risk it. Would kong take action against it? Not so sure.

Anyway, it would be a minor way of cheating and a very sucky one at that. It would envolve doing the land campaigns with the multi account, and defending them from attackers, until ONE DAY the game decides to open a portal from your main account to one of the multis. Then you can feast on all the land you can grab with your portal energy.

Flag Post

LOL it’s really the worst cheating idea i’ve ever seen.

Flag Post

why cant i just attack an “ungar” thats already controlling an island and if you have friends as govenors why cant they defend your lands for you it wouldnt be the first time the comp played for a player

Flag Post

It is quite hard to conquer land when attack an active player now. If friends are allowed to defend land, too, you will never conquer any land at all, IMO.

Flag Post

@AlexBytex: you should give away land pieces every once in a while (make it difficult but make it happen) as those “random bonus” that pops up and gives cards or imperials out of nowhere.

Flag Post

The game gives a free land for every level up till 15, guaranteed.
I will forward your suggestion to the game designers.