Bug: no day 27 reward

11 posts

Flag Post

To the devs and all interested, I sent this message to lafut in chat too on the 6th (yesterday) but there’s yet to be a reply.

On the 5th (2 days ago) I was registered for the daily reward at day 26. Yesterday however when I logged in my daily rewards jumped straight to the day 1 reward, with no card to show for the day 27 reward.

Can you devs please check into this and fix it pls?

Thanks

Flag Post

What was the time period between these log log-ins (26 day and the last one)?

Flag Post

Well the last time I logged in on day 26 was sometime around 11 PM to check for invasions. When I logged in again it was early afternoon …. 2-3 PM. So I was offline for just around 14 hours.

Flag Post

Sorry for the delay, developers were busy.
Did you close the game page after playing? We try to find the possible cause of your problem.

Flag Post

I know I left the computer on, but I don’t remember if I closed the browser page or not. Just to add some info, yesterday I didn’t get the daily reward when I passed the 00:00 mark but at some point during the afternoon when I logged in again (this time I know I closed the browser after finishing but not the computer.)

Flag Post

It’s because the game counts time not from 00:00 mark, but from your first login time. Also, it is better to log out of game (close a game page) when you finish the game session.

Flag Post

Well, I guess that pretty much answers the issue right there. You guys need to change the system and add some global timer to the daily reward because even if I log out properly like you said there’s still easily a chance I’ll miss my reward like this: if I log in one day and have a session of like 5 hours (which generally happens since I leave the game tab open whenever I’m online) even if I was less than 24 hours online from when I logged out it will still only counts the actual log in which adds the session time.

So no matter my logging out or closing the browser, the system still has a way of screwing us up even if everything is done right. The personal timer works fine for stores, campaigns etc. but for these dailies you should have a global timer which will give the reward at a specific time with the only condition being that the account is listed as online at any point in consecutive periods of the timer. There’s lots of people with average sessions as long or longer than mine which got their dailies reset and though it was a bug although they were clearly logged in in consecutive days.

Well anyways, at least now I know why it happened so thanks, I hope the coders will get around to fixing it soon.

Flag Post

nikopol01, thank you for your suggestion. I will forward it to the developers.

Flag Post
Originally posted by nikopol01:

Well, I guess that pretty much answers the issue right there. You guys need to change the system and add some global timer to the daily reward because even if I log out properly like you said there’s still easily a chance I’ll miss my reward like this: if I log in one day and have a session of like 5 hours (which generally happens since I leave the game tab open whenever I’m online) even if I was less than 24 hours online from when I logged out it will still only counts the actual log in which adds the session time.

So no matter my logging out or closing the browser, the system still has a way of screwing us up even if everything is done right. The personal timer works fine for stores, campaigns etc. but for these dailies you should have a global timer which will give the reward at a specific time with the only condition being that the account is listed as online at any point in consecutive periods of the timer. There’s lots of people with average sessions as long or longer than mine which got their dailies reset and though it was a bug although they were clearly logged in in consecutive days.

Well anyways, at least now I know why it happened so thanks, I hope the coders will get around to fixing it soon.

Just to clarify:

What Bytex is telling you is not that it counts 24 hours from after you log out. It’s that the “midnight” on the server is based on your account’s creation. The very first time you logged in — if that were 6:00 pm one day for example — becomes the “midnight” on your account. So, logging in daily would mean logging in at least once between 6pm one day and 6pm the next.

Generally folks who have this issue with daily rewards are logging in and either staying logged in indefinitely or missing more than 24 hours in a row by playing one morning and then playing again the next afternoon.

Flag Post

It seems you misunderstood something.

I got exactly what bytex meant, but the relevant part is this: regardless of when during the day you created your account (I’ll use the 6 PM you just gave me as example) the system counts your login time rather than your online and logout time. Which essentially means that if you log in on day 2 at 5:30 PM you get the day 2 reward, then have a session of say…..6 hours (you don’t log out and log back in at any point) it becomes 11:30 PM. If you go to sleep and then only log in again the next day at 6:30 PM it’s been less than 24 hours since you last played the game, but you will not get the daily reward simply because you did not ‘log in’ during the 24 hours between 6 PM and 6 PM the next day. You were online, true, but you did not actually go through the log in process.

Hence my suggestion to check whether a person is online in the game rather than if they actually went through the log in process. And checking that is much easier to do if all players, just for the daily reward, are on the same clock.

I hope everything’s clear now especially for all of the people that have actually suffered daily reward resets because of the current system setup (remember to log out periodically or close your browsers).

Flag Post

Ah all right, that makes sense.