The game needs limits for PvP, and balance tweaks.

14 posts

Flag Post

Hi. :D

PvP has become a race to see who spent more in the game. There is little to none room for creativity. The free cards are boring and weak. Most of non promos are useless. I think this game would benefit from:

1: Creating a limit of promos that can be used in PvP.

2: Buffing non promo cards from standard and pro sets. Design synergies around them. Increase their support capabilities.

3: Buffing standard cards in general.

4: Increasing the chances for free players to acquire pro cards.

5: STOP creating mechanics where top players become reacher exponentially while being imperial sink for casual/free/new players. (like Dragon and King of the Hill). At least create a limit on how many times someone can win, or create a tax dynamic. Just stop making the differences between players so incredibly big.

6: Your land system is flawed. Some systems and browsers can’t handle big islands. It is too hard to capture new lands. It is also incredibly harsh to casual players. For only one day that you don’t play you can lose months worth of work. Vacation mechanic is too expensive. You shouldn’t punish so hard for not playing. I think the whole system needs a redesign, and the island user interfase needs to be simpler.

7: Redesign the less used cards to be more interesting.

8: Stop giving payed players more power. It’s ok to give them more variety, more options, but giving to them copies of standard cards but with faster times (less crystals) and more abilities is just plain lazy and bad design.

I think the game has potential, but it still needs a lot of work. History has proven that ‘pay to win’ games die painfully, everyone suffers, it’s a game design hell. It is clear that it is what the designers of this game are aiming for though. I was hoping that they could change their mind about that though. :D

Thanks for reading. Have a nice day!

Flag Post

they just freaking gave you the paying items for free, 6 a week, what more could you ask for. the only thing that they should add is 1-2 ounces for every level up, and maybe 5 on the 10s.

Flag Post
Originally posted by gallon213:

they just freaking gave you the paying items for free, 6 a week, what more could you ask for. the only thing that they should add is 1-2 ounces for every level up, and maybe 5 on the 10s.

Nice try, but they do that, game dies. six a week is still too low. there still must be a way to earn them with hard ingame work.

Flag Post
Originally posted by notsuresure:

Hi. :D

This game would benefit from:

1: Creating a limit of promos that can be used in PvP.

2: Buffing non promo cards from standard and pro sets. Design synergies around them. Increase their support capabilities.

3: Buffing standard cards in general or nerfing pro cards in general.

5: STOP creating mechanics where top players become reacher exponentially while being imperial sink for casual/free/new players. (like Dragon and King of the Hill). At least create a limit on how many times someone can win, or create a tax dynamic. Just stop making the differences between players so incredibly big.

6: Your land system is flawed. Some systems and browsers can’t handle big islands. It is too hard to capture new lands. It is also incredibly harsh to casual players. For only one day that you don’t play you can lose months worth of work. Vacation mechanic is too expensive. You shouldn’t punish so hard for not playing. I think the whole system needs a redesign, and the island user interfase needs to be simpler.

7: Redesign the less used cards to be more interesting.

8: Stop giving payed players more power. It’s ok to give them more variety, more options, but giving to them copies of standard cards but with faster times (less crystals) and more abilities is just plain lazy and bad design.

History has proven that ‘pay to win’ games die painfully.

Thanks for reading. Have a nice day!

Agree with all the above.

Flag Post

Agree with FullThrottle agreeing with Notsuresure.

Flag Post

I totally agree with you on all your points. I keep thinking and hoping that this game will improve, because it does have promise, but i’m losing hope. There’s literally nothing really to work towards long-term. Why should I keep getting lands, if they only give imperials, which can’t buy the best cards, and research points, which become useless after a while? What’s the point of getting more cards, if there’s no way to put them to use? Yes there are campaigns, but they cost imperials, which prevents me from getting cards, and the rewards from the campaigns are rather limited. There desperately needs to be more options for using your cards.

Look at Clash of the Dragons and Tyrant, both of which I think it’s safe to say are very successful; in both of those there are tons of options for playing with your cards (repeatable missions, raids, guilds), and in both there’s a nice sense of getting stronger as you acquire more cards, where new cards can make formerly difficult missions seem easy. Here I feel weaker as I play more, as the barbarians get stronger, but I only very rarely get new cards that are stronger than what I already have, unless I spend more real money on the game.

Flag Post

Thank you for your review.
The next version will have a lot of changes. I hope you will like them.

Flag Post

Very astute analysis, i’m about to quit just for these reasons.
It was also very disappointing for me to discover that the promo’s i was really hoping for when i bought a beginner’s booster with some real money weren’t even in it, but are only available when i spend at least 50 bucks. That’s just to much.

I’ll sit through one more update, i hope i like the changes too ;)

Flag Post

I agree with the general opinion. I have many experiences in games “battle cards”. You are far from having completed the gameplay seems inconsistent. Why invest time in the game if I is not right to do so? Your gameplay has potential if you balanced duels “f2p vs $”

“$” Must be able to offer more options, but not buy wins free. the purpose of this type of game is the “PvP”. Make F2p PvP without guaranteed untimely death of the game play that last over the long term are really open to F2p games. (Do not underestimate our ability to analyze your financing mechanisms, you are on a very competitive niche. )

sorry if the translation is poorly done I do not speak your language

Flag Post
Originally posted by AlexBytex:

Thank you for your review.
The next version will have a lot of changes. I hope you will like them.

Let me just throw this one in because I have a feeling it will happen:

(9) Creating a new version of the game but not allowing current players on this one to either import their cards or receive some sort of reward, even if it is simply cosmetic.

Flag Post

FullThrottle1, why do you suggest this? This will be totally unfair to all players.

Flag Post

Alex, hes not suggesting that. He is say that he has a feeling that there will be a new improved version created and all of us current players will loose everything we have, cards, lands etc. And with no compensation to our loss of money or time. He feels that is going to happen. If it does, its game over for the game for sure, but i do agree with the above points. Its a solid fact, that if you spend $50 on this game one time, you are equal or better then the players who have been playing for months daily. I understand the company needs money, thats the goal. But a little over a long period of time with satisfied players or alot of money in a short period of time while your players quit and hate your game. Most defiantly the long term option is more beneficial for your players and your company.

Flag Post

Zollerin, I got your point. We know this and the next update should help there a lot. I hope players will like the new tournament options, clan wars anв some other good changes. Regarding the game accounts reset – this is not planned.

Flag Post

Glad to hear and greatly look forward to it :)