Portals are boring now

8 posts

Flag Post

What happened? Every portal links to an active player. It used to be that your only real chance to win a land was to find someone who’d gotten sick of the game, so that you could vulturize his island, but now that doesn’t even happen, so the chances of getting a land are exactly zero.

I haven’t even seen people trying lately. Every island I see is totally devoid of combat, as if everyone has given up trying to win a land.

Flag Post

if your portal opens to an active player, add him. this way he won’t show in your portals. eventually this will lead to better portals.

Flag Post
Originally posted by frostburguer:

if your portal opens to an active player, add him. this way he won’t show in your portals. eventually this will lead to better portals.

i dont think this is true. i had portals opened to my friends.

Flag Post

It’s been three days and I haven’t seen anything more than one single land be invaded. Portals are dead. You need a new system to give players land, because no more land is changing hands.

Flag Post

JMCrooks, did you try to redirect portals manually? What does the game offer you?

Flag Post
Originally posted by AlexBytex:

JMCrooks, did you try to redirect portals manually? What does the game offer you?

I get linked to active players. But since defending your lands is easy, you need to get players who aren’t active anymore. I almost never link to any non-active players anymore.

Flag Post

Just to point out, I’m now on about day 25 of not even getting close to winning a single land. Super fun good times!

Flag Post

the game encourages you to stay a low level because everything gets harder but the rewards stay the same. it’s harder to fend off barbs(which shouldn’t be hard to begin with) and it’s harder to find inactive players, but you still get the same crappy reward for every fight. there are no level up reward cards and no incentive to bother since you buy content rather than unlock it as you go.

with that said, the easiest way to get a lot of land is to try to stall your leveling up as long as you can so you can find more inactives to poach land from early.