Clan Wars Suggestions

16 posts

Flag Post

Everybody! Post your improvements to clan wars here!

-Give leaders some captains to issue attacks if the time zones thing is strictly necessary

-Don’t allow other clans to repair their cities, PvP is impossible!

-Don’t reward just the top three clans, their is no incentive for clans who did not get a good start to keep trying. Give each clan a percentage of the total prize pool (based on reputation)

-I want to resign as clan leader, how can I do this without losing my ranking? I still want to be a clan member, I want to choose my successor!

Flag Post

1 – no leader should be able to disband, and all clans must have vice leaders in case the leader quits the game, possibly 2 vice leaders would be best.
2 – ranking should not transfer from clan to clan
3 – announcements phase and deployment phase should not exist, peopel should be allowed 15 attacks per day and be allowed to take multiple cities, therefore stronger members can do more damage. if not have 30 person guilds is a waste of space and reward.
4 – should not allow kicks unless person is inactive. unless rewards are given based on ranking gained in the winning guilds and you can receive that reward whether in guild or not.

Flag Post

Going into next era as a clan leader my main concern is the 2 hour phase to declare cities to attack. Unfortunately I can’t see making each phase at 12 hour intervals everday for the next month. It makes it worse that the whole clan has to suffer if I do miss a phase.

I would also suggest or like to see the ability to have other appointed members able to act in the declaration phase in the leaders absence.

Also another form of chat messages or communication between clan members would be nice. I may resort to an offsite forum or so until then.

Other than that thanks for all the effort you guys are putting into this new concept. Added a nice twist to the game.

Flag Post

Things requiring change
1) Deployment phase – this should be which cities the clan are going to attack for the next 3 phases, this will remove the time zone issues and make it easier on the clan leader
2) Some sort of overkill so everybody can have all their fights rather than discover the city has been taken. This is also a time zone issue.
3) Repairing I think should be allowed as it allows the weaker players to contribute at least in defence even if not so much in attack.
4) As @Infern0m said no clan should be able to be disbanded and a leader should not be able to kick an active player until after the leagues have received their prizes
5) As @t_lark reward all the clans so everybody has somebody to play for, the current clan wars were settled after a few days. Also as he says allow a clan leader to assign clan leader to somebody else.

Flag Post

- Implement a comment wall for in-clan communication where all clan members can post comments. Not everyone is online at the same time, nor is everyone in the same Kong chatroom.

EDIT:
- Add a timer to show how many hours are left in the current Era.

from t_lark:
“-Give leaders some captains to issue attacks if the time zones thing is strictly necessary”
AGREE!!!

“-Don’t allow other clans to repair their cities, PvP is impossible!”
AGREE!!! As it is, the only reason to PvP is for top clan with 10 points or more above the 2nd ranked clan to take over cities belonging to the 2nd ranked clan.

“-Don’t reward just the top three clans, their is no incentive for clans who did not get a good start to keep trying. Give each clan a percentage of the total prize pool (based on reputation)”
Partially agree! Make it top 5 for up to 20 clans, top 10 if more than 20 clans exist, for big prize pool. For other clans, each clan must have at least a certain number of influence points (50?) in order to get a small ounce consolation prize.

“-I want to resign as clan leader, how can I do this without losing my ranking? I still want to be a clan member, I want to choose my successor!”
AGREE!!! I’ve played quite a few MMOs and this has to be the only clan system where a) leaders cannot step down and choose a successor, b) vice-leaders are not implemented, c) only the leader can “announce” attacks.

from infern0m:
“1 – no leader should be able to disband, and all clans must have vice leaders in case the leader quits the game, possibly 2 vice leaders would be best.”
Partially agree. Disbanding should always be an option BUT all clans MUST have vice-leaders and leaders MUST be able to designate a successor.

“2 – ranking should not transfer from clan to clan”
Absolutely AGREE!!! There must be at least some form of penalty for people who switch clans.

“3 – … peopel should be allowed 15 attacks per day and be allowed to take multiple cities, therefore stronger members can do more damage. if not have 30 person guilds is a waste of space and reward.”
AGREE!!! Possibly each person just keeps attacking 15x, if they lose a match, the defender switches without any ounce payment. Only after 15 attacks do you get an option to pay to “refill” attack bar by another 5 attacks. I’d suggest 10 ounces.

Flag Post

I agree with most of the points, but i’m unsure on the lark second one and infern0m third.
Right now the conquest of players cities is nearly impossible, for most of the era is a choice that hampers the development of the aggressor.
However entirely forbidding the repairs could unbalance the system in favor of aggressors.
Maybe is necessary some sort of limit in the amount a clan could repair.
I dont see a clear answer to this issue. Good luck. ^^

I dont think taking multiple cities per round is a good idea. Having “captains” should solve the issues with the deployment phase, that could be enough.
Missing the attack is bad, i agree, maybe an overkill option could help?

There’s another little issue in my humble opinion. While Hills and Dragons, with their restrictions, opened the game to more players and different deck strategies, in the clan war we are again in the “muscle” contest. It could be fun if even in the clan wars were introduced some restrictions, maybe related to the map regions and their peculiarities.

As usual, sorry for my poor english. ^^

Flag Post

Your update log implies that clan wars will cost ounces to join next war. Please, please please don’t do that – I was THERE and quit my clan as it was clear that it wasn’t going to win anything. ‘premium’ costs for an event makes all the free players feel sad about the game, as you basically dangle tasty, tasty candy in of them but don’t let them have it.

I wish it was easier to join a clan. At the moment you basically need to jump in before the non-invite clans start, or get an invite (less powerful/connected players suffer). Low levels suffering is very bad, as not only does it suck for them it also discourages them from being long-term players.

Flag Post

Thank you for your feedback, guys.

Please note:
1. The clan leader can leave the clan and a member with the highest level becomes a leader automatically.
2. Ranking doesn not transfer from clan to clan. If you leave a clan, the game set your rank to 0.
3. The sub-leader feature will be added soon.
4. The creating of a clan costs not ounces only but imperials, too.

I will forward your rest suggestions to the developers.

Flag Post

1. The clan leader can leave the clan and a member with the highest level becomes a leader automatically.

but then if I rejoin I lose my ranking, as in point number 2.

2. Ranking doesn not transfer from clan to clan. If you leave a clan, the game set your rank to 0.

I want to stay in my clan but not as leader

Flag Post

You will be able to appoint a deputy soon.

Flag Post

my ranking transferred from clan to clan alex.

also something that i think would make clan wars more fun and competitive would be instead of fighting till you lose or use up all 15 fights would be to give 15 tries where if you lose you can continue to try, that way lower players have a chance to earn more ranking based on activity. it would also make it easier to take enemy cities since right now it is impossible, and computer cities are so easy to take its irrelevant how this change would affect computer controlled cities.

Flag Post

The fact that imperials can be used to repair cities in clan wars has rejuvenated much of the economy of this game. Suddenly imperials are useful, and everyone wants to conquer islands and play more. This is very, very good for Bytex and Berserk. Do not underestimate this fact.

For clan wars, I agree that taking another clan’s city is too difficult. Right now the whole game is about conquering the map because it is impossible in practice to take a city from an active clan. This can be solved by allowing clans to attack multiple cities at the same time, or by making repairs continue to go up in price every single round no matter what. It is critical to fix this because right now there is basically no strategy except trying to take the most neutral cities!

Looking forward to next era.

Flag Post

There should really be an in-game clan chat window so we can leave messages/discuss strategies with other clan members.

Flag Post

infern0m, I was not too exact. The personal ranking is global and will be kept between clans and eras.

However, this ranking isn’t taken into consideration when calculating the reward share. Only victories you did for this particular clan is counted. When you leave a clan the game resets this your counter.

Flag Post

I, too think 15 flat tries is better. It would make attacking easier, which appears to be a problem, and lower the huge gap between low-level and high level.

Flag Post

I would like to see a better way to message your clan members. The clan activity screen wouldn’t be ideal because it gets cluttered with clan attacks, and joining leaving.. at least for an open clan. I would prefer there to be a tab that you can select when clicking on the clan member and “message member” being one of the tabs.

Thanks,
Sleeper_Agent