disappointed with this game

22 posts

Flag Post

to whom it may concern,

as you may or may not know i am one of the financial supporters for this game. i have to say that during the last few weeks this game has taken a huge turn for the worse and it seems as though you are just completely trying to screw people over. you completely let clan wars get ruined and have not even had the decency to show face, and now the new set is ounces only after stating you would be allowing the new sets to be used with imperials. if these issues are not addressed immediately you will be losing a loyal player with me and i’m sure others will follow, i’ve had discussion with other players who also purchase many imps and they are all displeased with the recent actions you have taken. thank you.

Flag Post

Yup I agree, switching the sets from Imp to ounce was quite a bad move…

Flag Post

I understand that players who pay should be favoured but it should be possible for free players to compete with them. Today a free player has NO chance. They have no access to most of the cards. You´ll certainly lose players.

Flag Post

i am a pay player and i think this is ridiculous. ounces should be used to gain a head start or progress faster, not to be used as a currency to achieve everything, especially everything that comes out new. you people have the worst marketing strategy in the world and are become greedy. i have spent a substantial amount of money already and still haven’t gotten every single card. what type of person are you trying to market to cause i can guarantee you no one is going to spend the money you are trying to pull from people.

Flag Post

Infern0n, oddl3r, noxscrew, thank you for your feedback.
I forwarded this to the game developers.

Flag Post

Protip: leave this game, and leave it fast. I was in the same boat as all of you just a few months ago. Attempting this game as a free player is a complete joke and a good way to troll yourself.

I went about 350 cards before getting my FIRST promo. I logged on all the time stressing out about my islands getting taken. Then i realized imps were basically worthless because it’s not that hard to get all of the standard cards.
The “new” content they added (such as the “fight the dragon tournaments”) were completely aimed towards people who payed to win. Call me old fashioned, but when i come to my favorite FREE flash gaming site, i expect to play some good FREE games. Not those “games” which have two very different tiers: those who pay and those who do not.

This game should definitely be put on wikipedia under Pay-to-Win Flash Game And the fact that this has badges now makes me think….has kong become Pay-to-Get-Badges for games? I keep seeing more and more of these money hogs getting achievements. Sad day, especially when i think a few years back when games got badges all the time and you knew they were going to be worthwhile to play. Now it’s just….well…this.

Flag Post
Originally posted by aking78:

Protip: leave this game, and leave it fast. I was in the same boat as all of you just a few months ago. Attempting this game as a free player is a complete joke and a good way to troll yourself.

I went about 350 cards before getting my FIRST promo. I logged on all the time stressing out about my islands getting taken. Then i realized imps were basically worthless because it’s not that hard to get all of the standard cards.
The “new” content they added (such as the “fight the dragon tournaments”) were completely aimed towards people who payed to win. Call me old fashioned, but when i come to my favorite FREE flash gaming site, i expect to play some good FREE games. Not those “games” which have two very different tiers: those who pay and those who do not.

This game should definitely be put on wikipedia under Pay-to-Win Flash Game And the fact that this has badges now makes me think….has kong become Pay-to-Get-Badges for games? I keep seeing more and more of these money hogs getting achievements. Sad day, especially when i think a few years back when games got badges all the time and you knew they were going to be worthwhile to play. Now it’s just….well…this.

gotta agree wif u. more and more pay to play flash games. even kong is moving towards $$ and more $$ from kong+ to ads to god know wha other shit. once i get my med badge i out of this crap

Flag Post

I think making the set Ounce only will backfire in the long run, because the player population will thin out even more when new players see that the game has a 2-class system and the use of Imp is very limited.

It would be more smart to make those mini sets more expensive but still buyable with Imps. Or make them buyable only once with Imps.
On the other hand you should do something to stabilize the Imp income. Like a limit on how often a player can do dragon and king of the hill campaigns.

Flag Post

judic, thank you for your suggestions.

Flag Post

Agreed, game doesn’t give any sense of progression. After initial thrill it soon grinds down to immense sense of futility. I am not a paying customer, but I would not become one, because I do not believe it would get me anywhere. I feel betrayed…

Flag Post

Indeed, especially after losing imperials for the monthly sets and finding that I can’t keep up with the invaders even adjusting sleep by an hour.

Flag Post

Grinding in the game was my only way of advancing. Now that the new sets are ounces only makes my efforts to grind for imps a useless venture and makes my Imps worthless. Im new to these types of games, it was fun at first but then I ran into the people that buy their power in the game. I cant compete with them, they have an advantage of obtaining cards that I will never acquire. Im sorry I dont have money to throw away on cards that are virtual and have nothing to show for after Ive spent money other than the ability to boast how good I am because I bought my way to the top. Soon people will get tired of this and not play your game. The free player has NO chance to compete with the money cows. But they will become disenchanted with the game as well and then its back to developing another game to coherse people out of money. It was fun while it lasted. The economy is tight and Im sorry I cant justify spending my money on games like this, I enjoy your game but Im very limited in what I can spend, Im sure others fit into this category. Now even after the first era of Clan wars, people are building elite clans, the cash cow people that makes it impossible for the free player to compete, If you are going to conitnue Clan Wars, then make it for cash so the clans can win real money and then lets see how long people last in it, the elitist groups will dominate like they do now and then you game is finished. After the new free player gets so far in your game they cant advance any further without losing most battles with the top players. Im lvl 63 and grinded my way there, now I cant afford the new sets nor buy the boosters to make my decks more competitve, so thats makes my game player stagnant. Many others will be in this position quickly. In closing I will say I liked playing but Ive gotten to the point where i can no longer make an impact with the limited ability of not being able to spend Imps to help my pregresion. Good Luck with your game I hope it works out for all of the developers. I hope youre efforts arent for nothing.

Flag Post

Thank you, Pinion.
I will discuss your point with the developers.

Flag Post

more profitable conquests! hmmm no point in just spending money…

Flag Post

Most games like Gemcraft: Lam., Monsters Den Chronicles, and Kingdom Rush, the developers only ask for about $5 for all of the perks of a paying player. And boy do they give you a lot for so little. Games like this, on the other hand, the developers ask for a lot and give you so little for your money. Don’t all of the players of this game agree with me that there is someone WRONG with this business model.
I guess the moral is: pay the $5 for games like BTD5 and get a lot for your money or a lot of money for games like Berserk and get so, so little for your money.
I mean, really, who will pay 10000 kegs ($100) for 8 cards like this month’s promo and not even get all of the cards at that when you can get from 2 or 3 professional PC games for the same price and get all the full game.

Flag Post

One thing regarding special offer: Swamp ferocity lasted 4-5 days (don’t know if it was with imp or ounces). Spirits of Krong will last a month.

A market would be well welcomed (Imp). More prebuilt decks and campaigns too.

Hope it could help.

Flag Post

merlin0394, what 8 cards for $100 do you mean?

wadreth, Swamp Ferocity lasted 30 days, since 1 to 30 of September.

Flag Post

If you dont spend a lot of money (real money)to obtain ounces to purchase the more powerful cards and boxes to compete with the Buyers, and there are a lot of them, you wont exist long you will get tired of this game and quit. The money spenders pay for “THE POWER” and screw the other players that work long and hard to obtain their levels. Im saving you the frustration and warning you now. If you dont mind spending money then Bytex devs will love you… welcome aboard and get those credit cards out. It will never stop,the addition of the buy new sets for ounces only each month will make sure of that… Thank you money cows keep buying. They dont care if its unfair for the “free players” if we ever have the opportunity to get the new sets or not, they just to keep making new sets to sell for ounces… and ounces only..so the cash cows will ALWAYS have the advantage. they dont make money off of us, they could care less. Your request falls on deaf ears…. lol they will reply by saying Thank you and I will pass it on.. Bytex you are cutting your owns throats… can you not read and tell that many who try your game, that it doesnt take long for them to figure out that this game is NOT worth spending all their money on just to keep on having to buy more and more and more to keep that advantage. Good for you (Bytex) but bad for the everyday game players. I see more and more players ( even paying players) quit your game. It becomes pointless. Imps becoming useless and if you dont spend that money then your game IS DONE after the initial achievements are completed… It just gets old coming up against the buyers decks with ALL the cards that are powerful and available for only those who buy and losing the very first battle and this happens a lot.. WOW thats a lot of fun… Bytex dont worry I wont make another post about how disappointed that I am, because I know you dont care…. I tried to look at it in another light but it doenst make any difference in how I look at it… you just dont care..

Flag Post

I’m wondering, how can I play 3 squad games without paying money?

Flag Post

You can do the daily campaigns against random friends/players, help your friends to clear their lands from barbarians. Also, the free campaigns (land conquest, for example) and campaigns for imperials contain three squad opponents.

Flag Post
Originally posted by tyj1995:
Originally posted by aking78:

gotta agree wif u. more and more pay to play flash games. even kong is moving towards $$ and more $$ from kong+ to ads to god know wha other shit. once i get my med badge i out of this crap

Got to sign to it, no need to say anything else :(

Flag Post
Originally posted by pinion54:

If you dont spend a lot of money (real money)to obtain ounces to purchase the more powerful cards and boxes to compete with the Buyers, and there are a lot of them, you wont exist long you will get tired of this game and quit. The money spenders pay for “THE POWER” and screw the other players that work long and hard to obtain their levels. Im saving you the frustration and warning you now. If you dont mind spending money then Bytex devs will love you… welcome aboard and get those credit cards out. It will never stop,the addition of the buy new sets for ounces only each month will make sure of that… Thank you money cows keep buying. They dont care if its unfair for the “free players” if we ever have the opportunity to get the new sets or not, they just to keep making new sets to sell for ounces… and ounces only..so the cash cows will ALWAYS have the advantage. they dont make money off of us, they could care less. Your request falls on deaf ears…. lol they will reply by saying Thank you and I will pass it on.. Bytex you are cutting your owns throats… can you not read and tell that many who try your game, that it doesnt take long for them to figure out that this game is NOT worth spending all their money on just to keep on having to buy more and more and more to keep that advantage. Good for you (Bytex) but bad for the everyday game players. I see more and more players ( even paying players) quit your game. It becomes pointless. Imps becoming useless and if you dont spend that money then your game IS DONE after the initial achievements are completed… It just gets old coming up against the buyers decks with ALL the cards that are powerful and available for only those who buy and losing the very first battle and this happens a lot.. WOW thats a lot of fun… Bytex dont worry I wont make another post about how disappointed that I am, because I know you dont care…. I tried to look at it in another light but it doenst make any difference in how I look at it… you just dont care..

I started playing 3 days ago but i have quit this game now, I did really enjoy it at first but then i became stuck and couldnt compete with the paying customer. Ive just quit the game and i am looking for a more balanced game that a non payer can play and maybe i might spend if i enjoy and play the game longer. This game i enjoyed on the first day but with a lack of progress on day 2 i got bored. I had completed all campaigns and then on day 2 i had to pay using ounces to repeat the campaigns so adios lol. Time to search another game.