What am I missing?

8 posts

Flag Post

Granted, I’m only about five minutes into this game. I’ve done two battles. Everything felt forced so far. I clicked where things told me to click and somehow I won two battles. I made the deck changes it told me to make. I made zero gameplay decisions during the battles. None.

Is this fun? This is like a bad CCG on autopilot. I’d like to feel like I’m control of what I’m doing in the game. What am I missing?

Flag Post
Originally posted by MaddAddams:

Granted, I’m only about five minutes into this game. I’ve done two battles. Everything felt forced so far. I clicked where things told me to click and somehow I won two battles. I made the deck changes it told me to make. I made zero gameplay decisions during the battles. None.

Is this fun? This is like a bad CCG on autopilot. I’d like to feel like I’m control of what I’m doing in the game. What am I missing?

Look in a way you are right, in another not.

The tutorial suck. It make me puke. No well get real; it make me close the game after the first battle. I hate this stupid tutorial that force you to do what they said or else.

“Is now time for you to buy an elemental boost”. Ok let’s do it. Oh cool i wanna buy this element! “buy the nature”. No. “ok then you can’t go on, we take your gold and now you have to make another 12.500 gold then, please buy a nature pack”. Get lost sersly. If you want me to buy this bloody nature boost at least give it to me free.

So basically i agree with you. On the other hand i’m ok with the whole automatic battle. In way is ok since you know…while you are against CPU, especially in browser game, you are against a retarded-mindless enemy. So basically this game balance the PvE fight this way. I’m not saying that this is the right and or the only way but is a choice. Indeed a bold one.

Yes this totally deny the possibility to prove that “I am a better payer them him”. If i win is only for 2 conditions: I had more luck picking cards from packs; i had more luck picking cards in the right order from my deck.

Yes you can build your deck and you can actually create nice combo but is basically a matter of luck way over brain/skill/tactics. Ofc you can win only by luck in lots of game but this one leave a very little space for anything else but luck.

As i said i close and curse this game after the first fight. Then a friend of mine talk me to play it and well is somehow funny but also have lots of stupid mechanics.

Ok the whole game goes with the automatic system. Fine. But are you bloody blind dear Devs? No MaddAddams you are not missing something; they do. The game is bloody slow even at max speed! No skip button! No surrender button!

AND WHY ON EARTH I DO HAVE TO STAY IN TAB GAME INSTEAD OF START THE WAR AND DO SOMETHING ELSE MEANWHILE!?

Is a bloody fucking auto-battle !!!!! You create the game this way! You know that, once the battle start, if i watch or not NOTHING CHANGE. So if i wanna change i should be able to do that !

But no. The game pause or something. This is even more annoying that the tutorial.

Again the game is not bad per se. Even if you force to stay out from the fight. The real problem is the speed and the impossibility to do something else while playing.

Flag Post

Nalut, thank you for your feedback.

I will forward your comments about tutorial to the developers.

Regarding game pausing – the cause is some browsers problem with executing of java-script in the inactive tabs. Once you open the game in a separate browser window, you can play it in background without any problem.

As soon as browsers fix this java-script issue, it becomes possible to play in the background tab.

Flag Post

Protip: you can do something else if you put the tab in a window of its own.

Flag Post

Heh, okay so the biggest response was a complaint that you couldn’t do other things while the game played itself. A developer stopped by to explain how set the game on autopilot, but not to mention any real decision-making that would interest me in the later portion of the game. This one gets a pass and a big fat one star.

Flag Post

MaddAddams, the game is designed to have auto-play battles. The strategy here is to build the right deck.

If you want the decision-making game, you may want to look at our other game, Berserk Universe. However, that one is the really hardcore game.

Flag Post

OR, MaddAddams, you can check out the Magic The Gathering Online game if you really want to make your own decisions.
Keep in mind that MTG is THE king of CCG. So, don’t be surprise if the computer version will become the KING on the internet as well.

Flag Post

Btw, we just released another game for the hardcore TCG gamers. It started its Open Beta Test a couple day ago. You may want to take a look at it – search for Berserk Universe on Facebook.