Feedback on Mini-Set Collection

8 posts

Flag Post

bytex, you’ve done yourselves a disservice by not making it a discriminatory sale of individual mini-sets. If you had chosen to discriminate, at favorable prices, to accommodate different sets of player preferences, who may only want to buy certain sets for their own reasons, then you would’ve had a good sale on your hands.

By trying to force our behavior to buy the entire collection at inflated prices, instead of selected groups of cards we might prefer to have, you’ve driven away the average player from spending ounces. To use myself as an example, there are a limited number of cards that look interesting - I missed the majority of these sets - but I would want multiple copies of them. And even with the sale on ounces, I am not paying $35 per copy per set (which amounts to ~$3/card that I am interested in). I can get better value buying my family Christmas gifts.

The sale as it is will appeal only to the richest players who do not have these cards already - a very, very small portion of your playerbase indeed, as they have to be rich and new players. My prediction is that you won’t get very many sales of this mini-set collection.

*Note that I am not complaining, merely giving you feedback on the sale as I see it. The price you’ve set is such that it does not matter to me that I will never be able to play these cards, and you cannot change prices unless you want to risk offending people who’ve already bought the set.

Flag Post

I won’t say a word about the price of this set. Just consider that if you want new players to come in the future and enjoy your game, you can’t ask them to accept they will never have the opportunity to earn some cards. So the idea of “last chance” is really insane, except if you want to create a lot of disappointment…

Flag Post

Indeed, it’s clear that you’re using the “last chance” gimmick to justify the expense of the set. As I said, that’s not going to work. In fact, having spoken with some of the “heavy spenders” of this game, it’s clear that the set is more expensive than they’re willing to buy more than 1 or 2 of.

Look, the success of games like yours depend on the free-to-pay conversion ratio of your playerbase. If you do some market research into the most profitable games of this period, you’ll find that they’re focused on encouraging players to repeatedly make small payments. The first step is to get dozens, hundreds of players USED to spending HABITS before scaling up from there. What you’ve done so far, asking a few players to make big spending decisions, is completely counter to that.

That’s not even considering the destabilizing effect on game balance/dynamics/community when you make cards time-exclusive, as kadomatsu and Sir_Valimont have repeatedly told you.

One more thing. Players are more comfortable spending when they are assured of what they are getting with their time and money. This means communication from you to us is KEY when you want to change any aspect of the game that may affect the value of our decisions. If you aren’t going to put the effort into creating a “safe, stable investment environment,” then I’m afraid there won’t be many “investors.”

Flag Post

it’s weird that Bytex is using “last chance” in scare quotes – does this mean that it isn’t really the final opportunity for players to get these cards? I hope so – at 750 ounces you’ve priced them out of what I’m willing to pay for them. Just offer one past monthly pack each month as a “legacy pack” alongside the new monthly pack – an easy solution that makes Bytex money, makes the game better, and pleases the fanbase.

Flag Post

Thanks for the feedback, guys. It is very important to us.

We were designing this pack mostly for the players which had started to play month or two ago and didn’t get the opportunity to bought mini-sets. So if you upset with this special then just wait a few weeks for the new big set :)

Flag Post

What they mean is that the price of the set is too high. 750 ounces = $60 and that is completely ridiculous for a fixed set when most of the cards people don’t want.

The only cards I do not own are in that set, just a few of them (Arrowthrower, etc). And I have many ounces on my account I can spend. But I will not waste 750 ounces to buy 3 cards I need … the price is too high.

Flag Post

I am one of the players who only started to play a month or two ago – didn’t get the chance to get anything pre army of darkness. It’s still too expensive for a fixed set with too many cards I don’t want. If you rereleased swamp ferocity, I might buy multiple sets of that, but there’re a lot of sets I wouldn’t pay money for – which is the problem here.

Flag Post

Will there be other chances to get the 4 gift cards in this set?