message spam

4 posts

Flag Post

Why do you encorage it? its annoying as hell. please remove whatever you have that makes people spam…

Flag Post

I’d have to partially agree here. I could show you my private messages inbox, over half of the recent messages being filled with “Join my rank of allies in Dueling Blades!” Clearly, I’m already playing the game. =P

Personally, if I think a game is good, I’ll talk about it in chatrooms in my own words. Having a computer do it for me just seems impersonal and rude, so I never end up using such features myself. Other people using them on me, I’ve come to terms with — mostly I just skip over these messages since I don’t pick up new games this way.

It isn’t necessarily bad to have a feature like this but I’d wager most friend networks on Kongregate often hang out in the same chatroom together, and share games in those chatrooms. I’ve come across a few hidden gems that way, and it’s considerably less annoying than an automated private message. ;)

Flag Post

I’ll forward this thread to the development team, and come back to you with a response.

Flag Post

Yes, I’ve noticed this happening recently too. It is quite annoying.