[To Dev] Nerf Stun Kick

30 posts

Flag Post

That skill is cheap as a mother whale. 1.6x dmg and a stun and can use twice?
make it 6 ep and 1.2x dmg instead

Flag Post

I dont want to sound harsh but… Play better :P

More seriously, you can use Counter-Attack to have a chance of repel it.
Check the wiki for more information: http://wiki.duelingblades.com/

Flag Post

Why does stun kick, which you can get early on, best the knights earthquake? Doesnt make sense…

Flag Post

Two reasons to that:
1) Foremost, a “stunning radius” skill like Stun Kick is the main feature of the Thief branch, if the Knight’s Earthquake was as good as the thief’s one, the thief class would lose interest. Plus, Knights has Counter Attack (or even Shield Cover) as a high-priority skill.
2) Earthquake does compensate in comparison to Stun Kick with a larger radius.

Flag Post

I still think stun kick vs earthquake should result in a clash…

Flag Post

^ I second that

Flag Post

Basically, either nerf stun kick(because I agree with OP), or have earthquake and stun kick clash.

Flag Post

Rockman is correct, Earthquake is weaker because it has a bigger radius than stun kick and you can use counter attack as well to try a clash. I will put the suggestion for a clash between stun kick vs earthquake.

Flag Post

I have to agree with the OP as well.

Things normally go like this:
T1 – Player A lands stun kick on player B. Player B can only guess where the next attack will come in from and aim in that direction.
T2 – Player A knows exactly where player B is gonna be standing so he can attempt for a second stun kick. If he lands it player B should be getting acquainted to the thought that he’s already lost the match.
T3 – Once more player A knows exactly where player B is gonna be standing and aim for a power strike. A hit here pretty much marks the end of the match. If the defending player somehow lived past this point s/he will be bordering death either way.

Stun kick can be countered but only IF:
a) Defending player has counter-strike equipped.
b) Defending player has enough EP to activate counter-strike.
c) Defending player wins the mini-game.

The fact that this skill deals 1.6x damage in addition to the aforementioned stun doesn’t really do much to help the matter either.

With that said – I don’t think much needs to be changed. In my opinion a cost of 6 EP doesn’t seem like an unreasonable amount given its effects. Viewing it in comparison to the Heavy slash skill, which only deals 1.5x damage and doesn’t stun it just seems off that these two attacks should share the same EP consumption.

That is all on my part. :)

Flag Post

i checked.

earthquake n stun kick both cost 5ep, has stunning effect when hit, and earthquake has a smaller damage of 1.5x vs stun kick’s 1.6x

but earthquake has a radius almost twice that of stun kick. based on probability alone, the knight’s earthquake would defeat a ninja/rogue’s stun kick. slightly higher damage of 0.1x matters little if the stun kick doesnt connect. the current radius of stun kick is very small, and getting an opponent to fall within it is both skill and luck, and to allow it to clash with a larger radius earthquake simply makes it very unbalanced for the ninja/rogue.

before you forget, a knight has a longer attack range for ordinary attacks. so to put earthquake on par with stun kick will overpower a knight and put ninja/rogue’s out of business.

and kuattro shouldnt just listen to a single camp when evaluating decisions like this. put this to the vote and see whether the idea is well received. otherwise, the ninja/rogue camp will complain earthquake is overpowered and will be nerfed in the subsequent patch.

Flag Post

Clever analysis, i second this opinion. Knights are meant to be a defensive class, therefore can’t rely just on offensive skills, Earthquake is not what makes them essentially a good class.

Flag Post

thanks for your support rockman!

if they want earthquake prioritized as the same as stun kick, then reduce earthquake’s uber radius to that of stun kick. you can’t have all the good stuff and reject the bad. that’s not how balancing of classes work.

moreover, rockman already highlighted the use of counterattack, which can match stun kick in terms of priority. it’s not that there is no choices or options.

if you want earthquake’s huge radius unchanged and want to make it the same priority as stun kick or counterattack, it has to have a ep of 8ep and above, like a samurai’s tsubame gaeshi, because then it is very powerful and cant stay at 5ep, which can be used twice in a row.

Flag Post

If Stun kick should be nerf, than knight should be lower HP,
earthquake should be smaller in area, it would be fair for rogue and ninja

Flag Post

No earthquake shouldnt be nerfed because it is already weak.

Let’s compare:

Stun kick: small area higher priority than earthquake higher dmg

Earthaquake: Lower dmg lower priority bigger area.

You see stun kick is better than earthquake so it shouldn’t be nerfed

Flag Post

nerf tsubame gayshit, then talk about stun kick.

Flag Post

yes nerf tsubami gayshittyshit because they counter a fury move and and jsut saying dont say that OMG IT COSTS 7 EP but a fury COST A FKING 10 EP

Flag Post

Nerf Tsubame gaeshi!? Dude, play as a samurai, than talk.

Flag Post

Please dont talk like if you are pro im lvl 47 with ninja lvl 37 with knight lvl 42 with rogue and on top of that lvl 49 with samurai and i can say tsubame is pretty op

Flag Post

I still think that Tsubame gaeshi isn’t op: yes, is a good skill, but hard to use since if you mess up you can’t use it again. Do you think the opponent will use Tsubame gaeshi? Just don’t use the fury, do not complain because of the different EP cost.

Flag Post
Originally posted by BlueScyther:

I have to agree with the OP as well.

Things normally go like this:
T1 – Player A lands stun kick on player B. Player B can only guess where the next attack will come in from and aim in that direction.
T2 – Player A knows exactly where player B is gonna be standing so he can attempt for a second stun kick. If he lands it player B should be getting acquainted to the thought that he’s already lost the match.
T3 – Once more player A knows exactly where player B is gonna be standing and aim for a power strike. A hit here pretty much marks the end of the match. If the defending player somehow lived past this point s/he will be bordering death either way.

Stun kick can be countered but only IF:
a) Defending player has counter-strike equipped.
b) Defending player has enough EP to activate counter-strike.
c) Defending player wins the mini-game.

The fact that this skill deals 1.6x damage in addition to the aforementioned stun doesn’t really do much to help the matter either.

With that said – I don’t think much needs to be changed. In my opinion a cost of 6 EP doesn’t seem like an unreasonable amount given its effects. Viewing it in comparison to the Heavy slash skill, which only deals 1.5x damage and doesn’t stun it just seems off that these two attacks should share the same EP consumption.

That is all on my part. :)

What u said is right BUT u have missed a few things.
1. Heavy slash is completly different type of attack, so u cant really compare it to stun kick. Heavy slash have much longer reach and is meant for long range offence while stun kick is for really close combat.
2. Tactics u suggested require full EP while using counter requires only half, so it can be used easier, and for the tactics to succed the first kick must actually hit, which is not so easy. true if this happens u’re screwed but if u allowed the sittuation when u have 4 or less EP while enemy has full then… sorry man but i’ts your fault.
3. Stun kick can also be countered by shield cover and swallow counter which are both skills of fighter-type classes, so it’s not the only way. And both counter WITHOUT draw.

And guys who say that earthquake is weaker in because of damage are for me just childish. That’s true, Stunkick has 1,6 while earthuake has 1,5. So what? What difference this actually makes? In 1 battle out of 1000 there might be difference between having to strike enemy 3 or 4 times befor beating him. That’s almost no difference. In most battles this won’t change anything. On the other hand Earthquake has more range, which can make actual difference between hitting enemy or not, and in case of being attacked this can actually decide the battle. Not to mention that the same tactic as above can be made using earthquake and enemy CANNOT counter it with stun kick beacuse of range difference. And assasin-type classes have NO counterskills.

Flag Post

Even though 1 hp MAKES a difference every HP MAKES a difference. And you also have the fact that the difference of move range IS GREATLY different between knight and ninja and getting in close range is not a problem. It’s like saying ohhh well knight has longer range so thief branche attacksux compared to knight evven though i know that thief branch as almost 180 degree width i have to agree that earthquake should not be nerfed as it is and stun kick yes shoud be nerfed.

Tsubame is op so let’s say you deal 40 dmg to an opponent with normal attack(not crit) with tsubame you will deal 60 dmg and let’s say the enemy has 130 hp it’s almost 50% of your enemy’s health and also you are invulnerable during this turn and you will be able to use broad strike in the next turn

Flag Post

You cannot use swallow counter and broad strike one after another, unles you didn’t move, and enemy in general thinks you WILL move. And even if u use swallow counter and enemy misses you, it fails. Of couse damage is high and it counters everything, even fury, but the cost is high as well, so u cannot do it very often.

1 hp and 3-4 hp makes almost no difference at all. What’s the difference between having 15 or 20 hp? Enemy will still kill you next time he’ll hit. Yes, assasins are faster, and have wider range that fighters, but on the other hand, fighter have longer range and more hp. And with short range of stunkick u need to be really precise if u are to land it, and if u miss and enemy uses earthquake he may still hit you.

Flag Post

No you forgot the one EP that recharges every turn so you can chain broad strike and even though 3 or 4 hp saved my life countless times and fury costs 10 and tsubame 7 so invulnerability plus 1.5 dmg plz. And you will be sruprised how easy it is to land a stun kick and then you jjust have to chain another and normal attack

Flag Post

Look at my nickname, and guess what class i am. I know exacly how “easy” it is to land stun kick, because i used it myself countless times. I’ve also been using double stun combo and i know that it is strong, but it requires full ep and it CAN be countered. I’ve lived with 3-4 hp a few times but it was very few.
No i haven’t forgot anything. it is YOU who forgot to check the actual cost. Swallow counter costs 8 not 7 ep, so 10-8=2 and 1 is regenerated which makes 3. to little to use broad strike.

Flag Post

And guess what????

My first class was ninja so i also know how easy is it to land. And also you should be in close range beacause a thief should be in closerange not in long range so thats why I say it is easy to land it