PvP

6 posts

Flag Post

So, any old hands from the Facebook version care to share their opinions on PvP? Is it “worth it” in terms of gaining credits, xp, etc. over traditional hunting? Better done early in the game? Later? Any thoughts on the items? Any general advice would be very welcome.

Flag Post

Creatures from normal hunting stay the same (Except those in Portal areas), while your opponents in PvP gets tougher as you level. So PvP is better started early. PvP starts out dull in terms of loot, but once you get the loot boosters it will become the best source of Blood Rubies.

Flag Post

There’re many reasons you should start PvP-ing early:
1. At early levels u should be getting better loot in PvP than PvE. I’ve collected lots of Clothes/Leathers/Steels/Woods from PvP mostly. The rate of drop is much better in my opinion.
2. Battle Charger, the easiest and best mount you can get for a long long time.
3. Like BladeGrip said, the more you delay, the stronger your peer becomes. It’s not an issue if you are willing to forego PvP completely, but some accessories in the Battlemaster are worth having for PvE/PvB, just so you know.
4. Good source of Rubies, and once you max the powers, disenchant those scrolls for even more rubies (same for WoCs).

Flag Post

PvE targets are random over a 10 level range.. so you may encounter an easy or difficult traget. With PvP you can choose the level of a target and also black book easier victims.. PvP is the best option for Materials etc..

Flag Post

In the Wiki it says that players who initiate a PvP fight get their 2 VPs refunded if they win – but they don’t. Thus, attacking someone two levels lower is pointless, as it awards no victory points.

Flag Post

Actually, it is even weirder – If I attack someone two levels lower, I should get 3 (base) -2 (level difference) = 1 VP, plus the refund of the two VPs I spent to initiate the fight. At the moment, I only get 2 VPs. I would guess that these 2 VPs are the refund, so the thing is to find out what happened to the one point I should get for winning the fight.

Or perhaps the Kongregate version works differently from Facebook version?