Questions and Answers

42 posts

Flag Post

f you have any questions, please post them here. I’ll monitor this thread and answer as soon as I can. I’m a Veteran CoB player on Facebook and happy to help out!

Flag Post

Bloodlust increase over those 2…
I’d go with chain attack as 2nd option and BIA as 3rd

Flag Post

ooh okie tyvm. I’ll max the BL instead when I have the chance (in a few weeks lol). btw what level should I start the boss and coven boss thingy? i notice a member with a lot of bosses but i’m level 11 and duno if i shld try help _ the CB is from the forest _

Flag Post

I don’t think there is a right level to start…it all depends on your gear against bosses, but sooner you’d start, the better advantage you would get. Try a boss and see how it goes.
But be prepared to spend a lot of BL

Flag Post

Just what is this mysterious item I’m seeking?

Flag Post

For coven bosses use best dmg equipment you have – no heals… just dmg matters.
For vamp powers I use Last stand and Spirit strike. I attack boss every 30 min just to nuke with powers…
I think best is to get 75% of dmg cap and just wait for prize (for low lvls)

Flag Post

Is it just me or is the conversion rate from BR to BS bugged? It is 10 to 1 instead of the usual 5 to 1 in the FB version. Is this a bug or is it intentional because I recall that when COB first came out BR to BD conversion was 10 to 1 but was later reduced to 5. Could this be the devs trying it again?

Flag Post

Intentional I think.

Flag Post

Can i invite get invited on kong in coven bossess fights?

Flag Post

Can I sell my old equipment?

Flag Post

it is said that you can click “Shatter shield” to bring down the armor of the boss, but there is no such button neither in the battle window, nor in the selection of the bosses (Hunting ground → epic & coven bosses).
P.S. If it matters, my boss is NOT the coven kind.

Flag Post

@KulawyPl: You can join Coven Bosses of your own guild. You can check for ongoing coven boss fights for your level by clicking on the Livefeed button.

@GMKCA: Some equipment you find can be traded with other players or disenchanted (for Blood rubies). In general items you buy for credits at Coraline cannot be sold back for credits.

@GregRuleZ: That only accounts for the Facebook version where players could post a request into their stream so other players could help them to shatter the shield by clicking on the post. As there is no such feature on Kong the Epic bosses have no shields here. Anyway I will change the help text tomorrow when i am back in office to avoid confusion in the future :-)

Flag Post

Thank you for clearing the situation for me)

Flag Post

Hey, just started, level 5….

One thing, these Words of Command. Do i need multiple to get something? how many do I need?

Also, short of buying them with money (which I don’t have) those items requiring like 500 blood diamonds I think, right now Ravenstaff and Armor, are those good for later levels as well (when I may be able to convert enough to them) or is it more or less a perk for buying them with kreds?

Flag Post

Also, one more:

Whats the point of the bank?

Flag Post

the words of command can be traded in for a new pet thing

Flag Post

Who do you trade them to?

Flag Post

Thx Phil

Flag Post

I’d like to raise again the thing about victory points. It seems that there is something wrong going on there when you win a battle. Technically, the two points spent on initiating the battle should be refunded after the victory, but either they aren’t refunded, or the refund overrules the regular VPs that would normally be gained. The third way is that the description in the wiki is outdated. If this is the case, could you post the right formula here, just to clear things up?

Flag Post

@IrishDrinker:
The word of commands can be traded in at the trainer for servants. The bank protects you from players stealing from you (though there are only some items with a theft proc on it). As the bank takes 10% for depositing and not too many players/creatures have the theft proc you can also just keep your money outside the bank.

@Audaces:

The VP calculation is like this:

levelDiff = level of the loser – level of the winner

If the levelDiff is greater or equal -1

vpGained = levelDiff + 3 otherwise 0

If it is a Avatar Wars fight vpGained is multiplied by 2

Finally if you initiated the battle and won the fight (attacker won) the 2 VPs you had to pay for initiating are added to vpGained.

I hope that isn’t too technical, i am one of the software developers so you have to bear with me ;-)

Anyway if you win your battle (as attacker) you should at least get back your VPs even if the defender is 5 levels lower than you.

BTW: We have removed the unlock items for the merchant and trainer in Crows hill today and also the bones loot chance has been increased.

Flag Post

That is perfectly clear, thanks for the answer. However, it is only theory – in fact, that formula does not work. A battle against your equal (lvl difference = 0) awards only 3 points (basing on My Vampire screen stats), even though after the battle it correctly says that you get 5 points (presumably 3 for winning a battle against an equal, 2 refunded). Still, VPs counter goes up only by three points. It is even weirder when you fight someone few levels lower – attacking someone two levels lower awards no points, and in theory it should be 3 (3 base – 2 level difference + 2 refunded).

Again, the info displayed after battle is “correct” – but what you really get is different.

To complete the picture – if you lose a battle against an equal, the screen says that you gain one VP, while in fact you lose one point (1 point gained for the battle minus two points spent to initiate it – overall, one point loss).

Flag Post

Oh yes, an afterthought – if I remember correctly, you get your points back if you attack someone 5 levels lower, but you don’t gain any (obviously). The thing is, you don’t get any even if you fight someone 4, 3 or even 2 levels lower. Also, to make this all more complex, you don’t lose points for attacking someone 2, 3, 4 or 5 levels lower – so presumably the refund does work in this situation. It’s all a bit weird, that’s what it is.

Flag Post

I admit it is a little bit complicated ;-)

The intention behind all this is that we didn’t want higher players farm lower level players so that PvP does not get too frustrating for the lower level players (though you cannot lose anything if you lose a fight as defender, but some players don’t like a full combat log with lost fights).

In general if you attack and you want to really increase your VPs you have to attack players one level lower than you or better equal or higher.

Flag Post

I undersand the intention, and my comment about weirdness of this all was not regarding the complexity of the calculations, but the inconsistency of the current system. If I attack someone 5 levels lower I should lose two points – and currently that is not the case. If I attack an equal, I gain 3 points, not 5.

So, to recap – the formula is 3 VPs plus the level difference between attacker and defender. Thus, if you win you actually get:

Attacking someone 5 levels stronger awards 8 points.
Attacking someone 4 levels stronger awards 7 points.
Attacking someone 3 levels stronger awards 6 points.
Attacking someone 2 levels stronger awards 5 points.
Attacking someone 1 level stronger awards 4 points.
Attacking an equal is worth 3 points.
Attacking someone 1 level weaker awards 2 points.
Attacking someone 2 levels weaker awards no points (tehchnically it should be 1 point, but it isn’t).
Attacking someone 3 levels weaker awards no points.
Attacking someone 4 levels weaker awards no points.
Attacking someone 5 levels weaker awards no points.

Losing a battle always costs one VP. The information displayed says you gain one point, but bear in mind that you spent two points to initiate the battle.

Considering all this, either the information displayed after battle is incorrect and misleading, or the 2 VPs refund does not work.

Also, avatar wars need to be tested separately, although it is a good guess that the above mentioned values are simply doubled.

Also, at this point I would like to thank you for creating a game that is perfectly playable for free and for keeping working on it. Keep up the good work :)

Flag Post

I have a question:
Is there a limit of how many powers can someone learn? (i know you can only equip two at the same time).
and if so, is there a way to “unlearn them”?

Is bugging me because whe i go to my scroll tab, i see some of the scroll of the powers i had learn, have a “disenchant” button too.