Suggestions & Bug reports & Changes

303 posts

Flag Post

Sorry if there is “more official” thread for this, couldn’t find it here.

In Kong guild, if you click on guild-member at the top of their page you would see “back to guild <guildname>” link. However, if you click on poster’s name in your own guild’s discussion, the top link just says “back to guild” and always takes you to the first guild there is.

Also, you could post comments in your own profile if you get there by some link, but not if you open it via “My Vampire” menu. Why? :)

Also, wishful thinking, for avatar wars it would be great to be able to get a list of players with specific avatar’s group (like Hierarchy lists). And for “Search for Victims” it would be great to provide an option to open victim’s profile before attacking.

Thank you!
Great game! :)

Flag Post

Thanks for the info and the feedback! i will take a look at the guild and comments issue next week :-)

Regarding the ability to view a player’s profile in search victims that is left out on purpose to make it more challenging and so the defending player has more chances. Also note that if you view another player’s profile (e.g. via hierarchy, guilds, blackbook) you always see his current setup and not his defensive PvP setup.

Flag Post

One more bug seen with coven boss. The time remaining is still over 16 hour, but boss is defeated and loot could be claimed. How then I could deal over 100% damage in last 12 hours? I think it happens with lvl30 bosses, but not lvl20, but I could be wrong here.

Flag Post

Two fixes today:
- The back to guild button should now work also if you view a profile from the guild discussions.
- You can now also post comments to your own profile from the My vampire page.

Regarding the Coven Bosses:
A coven boss is defeated if everybody deals at least 75% damage. If that is achieved the boss goes down (could theoretically be a few minutes after it was summoned if 20 players join instantly and everybody deals 75% damage quickly). So in your case everybody should have dealt 75% 16 hours before end.

Just a info: 100% damage only gives a slight Blood badges bonus and a slightly increased loot chance and the execute phase is mainly there so a coven boss can be defeated even if not all players are able to deal their 75% damage.

Hope that helps :-)

Flag Post

Thank you! It makes sense now :)

Flag Post

I found this bug that happens sometimes when i log in after i hover over the words normaly a tab would drop down but it doesn’t but when i mouse around and click i can go to the tab

Flag Post

@acegallaidol: Hmm, i couldn’t reproduce it myself, the only thing i could think of is that maybe the dropdown menu image is not loaded yet when you hover over the menu initially.

@jiuribu:
You can take a look at the Wiki (Spoiler alert!)

http://wiki.chronicles-of-blood.com/index.php/Procs
http://wiki.chronicles-of-blood.com/index.php/Feats

The proc chances are not public though.

Flag Post

Ever considered having different fatigue bars for different events? I mean I want to hunt, boss, and PvP all at the same time, but the current bar consumes the same fatigue for each event, and I feel as if I’m receiving less because of that.

Flag Post

Wish list continued: would it be possible to keep logs of a few recent fights while on defensive? This would be a great asset in optimizing a defensive set up.

Also, may be consider a faster rotation of pairings in avatar wars? Having only 3 matches in the +5 range is, well, boring.

Thank you!

Flag Post

I’m still dreaming of the servant or item that has XP reduction in exchange for for loot multiplyers.

Flag Post

@Drako321: No sorry, it is part of the game that you somehow have to decide what aspect of the game you favour more (especially in the beginning), and it will also be easier to do all aspects of the game at higher levels, when you have more BL (e.g. by blue gems) and less BL regeneration time and also because you do more damage to a boss / coven boss with less attacks.

@Tevir: Unfortunately storing the combat log texts in the databse has drastic impact on the needed storage but even worse on the performance. We had that when CoB started on FB but had to remove it after severe performance issues.
Regarding the avatar war update cycle i have started a poll in the Diviad CoB forum to see if more people would like that. Please check here: http://forum.diviad.com/showthread.php?44953-Poll-Update-Avatar-war-pairings-more-often and vote :-)

@Querylon: Just a info: There is already the servant Undertaker in R1 that has +15% Xp.

Flag Post

You misunderstood, Phil. I meant XP reduction, not adding to the XP …. Like -25% XP, plus 1 loot or -50% XP and plus 2 loot …get a few more crafting mats and scrolls for sacrificing XP.

Flag Post

I definitely agree with Querylon. That would be a very optimal servant for those who primarily focus on PVE and PVB. It would definitely help a lot of people throughout the game with craftables, as well as creating and maintaining a good economy system. Just it would most definitely have to be JUST materials. Anything else could potentially imbalance the game.

Flag Post

Boss bug (?)

Verdant chaosmage gained Nerves of steel (20) for this combat.
Verdant chaosmage gained Paranoia putting a curse on the opponent.
Verdant chaosmage is vulnerable to psychic damage.

How could the same creature have immunity and vulnerability to the same damage type? * confused *

Flag Post

Hi To all!

Some whis list and some suggstion:

1. Let us make some kinde of order on the guild list… like sort them by guild name, or guild level etc, becouse now it is nearly usless…
2. The same whit the players (especially for avatar wars)…
3. Coven boss fights: I know, this is a social type game, but belive me, most of us want to play whit his real friends in this game, and most of us don’t have 20 (or 2000) friends who is interested for the same game, but we still want to play.. but whitouth a chance to kill a coven boss, becouse of this dmg cap, we can’t enjoy this game… and we will not go into a guild where is lots of stranger, we will stop play whit this game, and go finde one, where we can play whit the friends.
4. This -25% +1 loot -50% +2 loot is a realy good idea, becouse most of the lover level boss or coven boss talent tree quests or the crafting items not accessible, becouse not enough crafting material, or summoning item (I got 3 boss and 1 coven boss summoning item under 22 level just for example, and not I’m the only one whit this problem, and after some level I have no chance to use them).
5. Avatar wars… I got the same pictures across 2 week… and most of the time no chance to finde one on my own level (especially whit this character list)… at least realy change it every week…

Ty!

Flag Post

@Tevir: No, i asked but that is on purpose though some players find it unlogical ;-)

@Raukox: Regarding 1+2) sorting the guild and players of the guild i will put that on my list of possible improvements :-)

3) Just in case you don’t know: For coven bosses the damage cap will be dropped 12 hours before the boss ends (that is called execute phase and is mainly there so players can compensate the damage if one player cannot do his 75%). Then you can deal as much damage as you can do. That means theoretically you could kill a coven boss alone or with only a handful of friends (though it needs more effort of every player then). Of course it will be much easier if you are in a guild and fight with 20 players because as you already said coven bosses are a social feature.

4 + @Querylon + @minkune) i asked Andi but a -XP/+loot servant is not planned yet, sorry.
@Raukox: If you want to do more boss fights you should definitely go for the talents ‘Invocation of the old ones’ and ‘Thrillseeker’. These help a lot to get more summoning items / more fights of one item.

5) The avatar wars pairings are automatically determined randomly every Monday at 11am CET, unfortunately that means it can happen that a pair is the same like the last week, but that should not happen often.

Flag Post

diviad_phil ty the answers!

Only some more for the coven boss:
I’m in a guild (I made one whit friends :D), and we make some calculations, and we was not abel to kill the boss at the last 12 hour, only if we got awesom lots of bloodlust refill pitions… we got the dmg cap at the first 6 hour after we can’t do anithing just watch the timer, what is not the best option… I suggest that, delet this dmg cap, or make some kinde of option to make a boss fight open for strangers too (this is a kinde of solution to both problem, for the coven bosses and lower member guilds and those who want play in a guild only whit his friends to), becouse if you do it, a lower membered guild can kill them too, mybe they will use all of they bloodlust across 1-3 days as you wrote whit more effort, but at least they can realy do, and all of them will be happy, becouse they done it (and this lots of spent bloodlust will be they prise for the only friends guild)… :)

for the awater wars:
Another suggestion is to chose not just 1-1 kinde of awatar against the others… make som mixture, like 2-2 kinde of awatar at both side (mybe whit full random pictures, so not all from the same male/female type), that can be make a big fun into it. :)

for the loot thing:
Mybe not a servant, mybe you can place into some kinde of item, like accessories or some kinde of upgrd option like the thaumaturge things….

Flag Post

Now that Andi and you know of a -XP/+loot servant/item , even though currently not planned, the chances to eventually see such a thing in the game have gone up astronomically. :) Thanks for reading along, responding, and for sharing ideas with Andi.

Flag Post

I am currently doing the pvp defence quest, and thought the other day that some of my wins were not registering, so today I was checking more carefully, and in the last few hours, 4 wins have not registered, any ideas as to why?

Flag Post

How about letting a player disenchant all the weapons he or she
doesn’t use anymore? I want to trade the weaker ones to make
room for the strongest weapons I can find.

Note: Including the weapons that you buy from Club Noir.

Flag Post

My guess is that they didn’t net VP points?? Though I will admit I have checked a few times as well, and won some pvp defense, and had it not regester on the its a trap quest…

As for the weapons, I wouldn’t mind a ‘sell back’ option for things I don’t use anymore.

Flag Post

@TheMadTopHatter: your wins not registering might be due to the level of the attacker – if their level is 2 or lower than yours, you won’t get any VPs for the defensive win, which also means that it will not be counted towards completing the quest.

@Vidiot966: Stuff you buy from Club Noir is not disenchantable and I think it’s to prevent a way of converting credits to rubies. But they could be made sellable for credits at some loss, though. I don’t really like to see that butterfly knife sitting in my inventory all the time…

Flag Post
Originally posted by Audaces:

@TheMadTopHatter: your wins not registering might be due to the level of the attacker – if their level is 2 or lower than yours, you won’t get any VPs for the defensive win, which also means that it will not be counted towards completing the quest.

@Vidiot966: Stuff you buy from Club Noir is not disenchantable and I think it’s to prevent a way of converting credits to rubies. But they could be made sellable for credits at some loss, though. I don’t really like to see that butterfly knife sitting in my inventory all the time…

Credits are alright. I just let the Blood Rubies pour in from battles and
save em’ up for when I’m low on Blood sapphires.

Flag Post

There’s a typo in the description of Bloodlord Belt: bloodliust (should be bloodlust, obviously).

Flag Post

Typo is corrected, thanks for reporting!

I also hope i can finish some community driven improvements by tomorrow (complete proc and ability details of your current build on the My Vampire page, guild sorting by name and a possibility to let players who are not in your guild join your coven boss fights if you want that) and will deploy the changes when we switch off the summer sale in appx. 24 hours.