Suggestions & Bug reports & Changes page 9

305 posts

Flag Post

I’m getting “invalid parameters” everytime I try to go to a boss link. It doesn’t matter how i do it… whether just clicking, copying and pasting or saving the link and then pasting.
It’s been three days now and I could never attack bosses again.

Flag Post

same here
nm solved in chat-you have to paste the link in spot under livefeed coven boss sign and works that way

Flag Post

i have the same problem

Flag Post

I like Dionsama’s suggestions. Concerning suggestion 4 the grimoire could have an additional button next to creatures/bosses for merchants. That might potentially be easy to implement, as it could be the same data, just with different layout maybe and it might be nice to know which items you have crafted already.

Flag Post

Suggestions regarding the market:

Let us trade with BDs – the trades can be sorted as BD only and credits only.

Space out the items by leaving an empty space between different types of items, for instance,

Agonizing acupuncture
Agonizing acupuncture
Agonizing acupuncture
Agonizing acupuncture
Agonizing acupuncture
Agonizing acupuncture

-Leave Space here -

Aikido mastery
Aikido mastery
Aikido mastery
Aikido mastery
Aikido mastery

- Leave Space here -

Command Vermin

Flag Post

BUG
if you deathblow a creature using Diablerie you don’t get healed

Flag Post

the market is a great addition, but does not necessarily do the best service to the economy. Based on the credit values items had in chat/forum before the market it seems the market is full of troll prices, meaning that buyers do not find what they want due to the huge list of crazy prices and sellers put their stuff up for unrealistic prices – and do not sell. Some easy fixes might include allowing buyers to ask for products by posting, on a different market page, how much credits they would pay for a product. Furthermore ordering items according to the time they were put up instead of alphabetical order would make sense (you already can search for specific items), and it might make sense to have an option to see all offers (a list of bait, WoC, mats, etc, all in chronological order).

Flag Post

Thanks everybody for the feedback and suggestions, some of the things you have suggested or bugs reported have been fixed :-)

I will try to give feedback on some of your thoughts:

Have the setup-changing tab be present on the PVB screen. A lot of people have a separate setup specifically for looting CBs. It would also help with changing between PVB and PVCB gear more smoothly.
→ is implemented

Separate the Glyph tab, at least to Dynamic and Static Glyphs. Once you get past a certain number of Glyphs, the page starts becoming chaotic…
→ i will put it on the list for possible improvements next year. Just to be sure: With static you mean (from the start) level 3 glyphs that cannot be leveled?

Allow you to permanently delete items from your inventory. Inventories can clutter with a huge number of items that have simply no use, cannot be disenchanted or traded etc. There’s no reason for this.
→ We fear that people could accidentally delete items if we offer that for every item, causing more pain than a cluttered inventory.
Nevertheless, do you have a list of ‘simply no use’ items, maybe we can add something like that for those specific items without risk

Have the Black Book accessible from the PVP page. There is… no reason for a link to it not to be there, really.
→ There is a black book button on the PvP fight page after the fight is finished

Finally, one non-interface suggestion: allow dual-speccing your talent tree
- No sorry, the talent tree was designed that you have to make the decision what of the three trees you favour. Nevertheless with ghost ink from the daily rewards you can still shift without having to donate and don’t forget Xmas is near ;-)

Is it impossible to introduce a “sort guilds by total power” and/or a “guilds by alphabet” or even better, a “search for guild by name” option on the guildlist? It’s kinda pathethic to have to tell people “check page XX, we are somewhere on it”.
→ Sort by name was implemented some weeks ago (maybe it is not so visible in the UI, it is directly under the orange ‘Guild list’ headline

Also, enable offering of credits for trade. It doesnt make any sense not to, since we can request for credits in a trade
→ That options was explicitly removed as some players abused a never accepted trade request as their bank.

I’m getting “invalid parameters” everytime I try to go to a boss link
→ Thanks for the info, following a posted link in the forum should work again now.

the market is a great addition, but does not necessarily do the best service to the economy.
→ yes, we had these troll prices at first on all platforms, that is why we changed the display of offers so that the offers with the best per item price are shown on top. I hope and think that the troll prices will vanish with time. We also plan to add more credit sinks into game (probably for Body modifications) so that credits and especially trading for them will be more interesting again soon.

Flag Post

I do have a question, and I am sorry if this was answered before..:

Why can’t all scrolls/items/WoC be traded? Would it be that unbalancing for the game, if I could trade Lamb to the Slaughter Scrolls, or WoC Warg?

Flag Post

→ i will put it on the list for possible improvements next year. Just to be sure: With static you mean (from the start) level 3 glyphs that cannot be leveled?

Yes. There are essentially 4 categories of glyphs: the ones that are already maxed out on acquisition and provide some passive bonus (ex. Glyph of the Elders). The ones that are already maxed out but give no bonuses, except they are part of a set (ex. Glyph of Madness). The ones that start at level 1 and evolve based on the number of monsters of a specific type you kill (ex. Glyph of Insight), allowing you to increase your efficiency against that type. And finally the ones that need you to hunt down specific creatures, in order to gain some bonuses (ex. Glyph of Corrosion). There’s merit in Glyphs being split up to at least 2-3 of these categories, though having a tab for each of the 4 might be overkill.

→ We fear that people could accidentally delete items if we offer that for every item, causing more pain than a cluttered inventory.
Nevertheless, do you have a list of ‘simply no use’ items, maybe we can add something like that for those specific items without risk

I’m not saying there are completely useless items, of course. But for example, once you’ve dominated the servant Vampire Bat, any extra WoCs you acquire become only a waste of space. The first problem can be alleviated by adding a Trashbin tab, where the last 2-3 items a player deletes are stored and can be retrieved.

→ There is a black book button on the PvP fight page after the fight is finished

That was not the problem. Practically the core of your PVP experience lies in the Black Book, because that’s where you hunt your prime targets for. And there’s a dominant PVP tab on top of the screen. If I click that tab, I expect to have access to the core PVP elements of the game… but the most important one is not there. A simple link to the Black Book from the PVP page would make the PVP interface more intuitive. On that note, Battlemaster links could be incorporated into the PVP tab as well. Because as it stands, you really only need to check the PVP tab around once a week, to see your new avatar wars targets.

- No sorry, the talent tree was designed that you have to make the decision what of the three trees you favour. Nevertheless with ghost ink from the daily rewards you can still shift without having to donate and don’t forget Xmas is near ;-)

Fair enough. Although if dual-speccing doesn’t exist, I still feel that the cost for a respec is too steep. 16000 BB is overkill no matter how you look at it. Especially since Ghost Inks are actually needed for things beyond just Oblivion Potions.

I will express my desire to see more item chains like the Dragonstaff series. I really like the concept.

Flag Post

On the Kong chat, a point I saw often was that it would be nice to have some secondary damage sets for all element types:

Eg: We currently have the blacken proc that gives the doomed status, then other procs like shadowcrush that act upon those that have that status.
Currently, only ice and shadow (maybe more that I dont know of) have those types of systems available to the players, and while poison also has it’s weak-blooded, I could only find it on the Hive Overlord on the wiki.
It would be nice to consider implementing something like this when you add more items to the game.

I also really like the request above for more chains like the Dragonstaff, that sounds pretty cool!

Flag Post

Used Joker Scroll. Scroll destroyed, said power was increased, power wasn’t increased. Lost second joker due to this.

Flag Post

That’s not a bug proxy, that’s you not understanding how scrolls and powers work.
Powers require an x amount of scrolls to be used to receive the requisite power, 1 scroll for level 1, 10 for 2, 25 for 3, 50 for 4 and 150 for 5.
Joker scrolls are merely scrolls that can be used as any scroll, they do not immediately level up a power.

When the game says your power has been increased, it merely means you’re closer to obtaining the next level of the power… When you obtain the next level of a power, the game will say “you have learned (power name) (level name)”

Flag Post

So, i need like 150 joker scrolls.

Flag Post

149 if you wanted to level a power from start to finish using only joker scrolls, yes….

Flag Post

Well ın this game swords and rifles are practically most powerful classes but there are 10 distinct weapon proficieny classes and naturally most of the players go for the rifle or sword what ı mean is, there should be various weapon types with equal power.

Flag Post

Well since new look on Kong i cant scroll down the page. ive installed new java, and my browser is firefox.

Flag Post
Originally posted by KulawyPl:

Well since new look on Kong i cant scroll down the page. ive installed new java, and my browser is firefox.

Same here!
Updated flash player and everything, but no change. Can’t see the whole game area only the top of it.
Win7 Pro 64bit, Firefox 18.0, Flash – newest.

Flag Post

I suggest making the game alot more PvE friendly, it seems like there is so much PvP gear, everything has execution which is useless in PvE, would be nice to have a PvE equivilent to execute and deflect, more PvE gear and a slight increase in the drop rate of those super rare materials like unholy essence or energy cell, level from 50 to 60 in the labs and not ONE fusion rod or power cell and i leveled from 40 to 50 in old town.

Flag Post

Thanks again for all feedback!

Things that have been changed lately from your feedback:

- Guilds are sorted by member count now per default. This should make it easier to find an active guild for new players.
- Blackbook button has been added to the search victims page
- New procs regarding the weak blooded status have been added.
- We have further increased the number of possible attacks per player and day in PvP to

> LVL40 < LVL60 = 8 (7 on FB)
> LVL60 < LVL80 = 10 (8 on FB)
> LVL80 < LVL100 = 11 (9 on FB)
> LVL100 = 12 (10 on FB)

Additionally players above Level 60 get an additional VP when winning. This should make it easier for higher level players (where there are not too many equal level vamps) to gain VPs or to get into PvP if they haven’t so far. This increase might be temporarily until enough players have reached the cap but we will see. In the end all we want is that more people play PvP :-)

@KulawyPl + questore: Hmm, i cannot reproduce the problems myself, sorry :-( We are also not using flash except for combat animations and no Java plugin is required for CoB. Do you have the problem on a special screen?

@RagnarokZ: Just a info: Damian Roy, Vampire hunter have the highest base loot chance for Power cells especially when deathblowing them.
The same accounts for Plague demon and Plague overlord and fusion rods. You can change your bait to attract them more often and when you encounter them try to deathblow them (e.g. by using powers) to increase your loot chance.

Flag Post

I like the new artwork changes!
Are there plans to update all the old artwork? (some of them aren’t are nice as the others, i think the toad in r3 is a good example, just not scary enough!) .

Flag Post

Really enjoying this game that is constantly evolving and taking into account of user input!

I am finally making more use of the setup buttons for faster setup changes, and only discovered a few days ago that the setup description shows up when my mouse pointer is at the square – great and handy feature!

As an extension to that feature, does it make sense (and is it easy to implement) to have the square representing the current setup highlighted in a different colour, if the current setup matches one of the numbered preset setups? That would allow us, at a quick glance, to see what setup we are using, without having to go back to “my vampire” page.

Thanks for listening and for all the thoughtful work on this great game.

Flag Post

About my suggestion above, this is what I mean:

Flag Post

- We have further increased the number of possible attacks per player and day in PvP to

> LVL40 < LVL60 = 8 (7 on FB)
> LVL60 < LVL80 = 10 (8 on FB)
> LVL80 < LVL100 = 11 (9 on FB)
> LVL100 = 12 (10 on FB)

I did post the following in the vp change topic, but it might be a better fit in this one.

Are those changes supposed to be active right now?

If so, I would like to report a bug about the number of possible attacks per player and day in PvP for level 100+

I do actually get the message “you already attacked this player 12 times in the last 24 hours and have to wait 23 hours 58 minutes to attack him/her again”

But when I actually count, I get this message after 10 fight, not 12!

Flag Post

@Knuckle30: ooops, there is indeed a problem, i will deploy a fix in appx. 1-2 hours.