Suggestions & Bug reports & Changes page 5

303 posts

Flag Post

a lot of us like to use blood diamonds only for boss/pvp. it is kind of irritating when we accidentally hit ‘hunt’ and waste the blood diamond as a result. Could there be an option “disable hunting with blood diamond” so that if our setup has blood diamonds and we click hunt, a warning will popup or something asking us if we want to continue.

Flag Post

Hi! A lot of us experiencing lag and VERY slow gameplay in the last 2-3 days. I am seeing the “abort” sandglass every second click and most of the times page does not even comes in. If you are aware of the problem then please fix it fast, its getting realy annoying. Thank You.

Flag Post

@questore: I talked to our hosting company and they said they had some network problems in the morning but the problem should be fixed.
I also checked our server response times but they are normal. If the problem still persists it could also be that there are problems somewhere on the route from our CoB servers (located in Germany) to you. Maybe a problem at your ISP provider?

You could also try to check the route (maybe you gain more information for your ISP)

tracert 79.143.183.25 (Kong load balancer)

@qswade: I asked Andi but as the PvP loot system already gives players a lot of disenchantable scrolls and thus indirectly rubies the Bloodshift scrolls won’t be disenchantable, sorry.

@bellyzard: sorry, that won’t make it on the list for now as we think it complicates things more than it helps. Just double check the bait and be careful before you click hunt if you don’t want to hunt with diamonds.

Flag Post

Could we get the Blood sapphire cost reduced to 5 BR and the refill price increased to 150 BS? That way PvE grinding wouldn’t be so difficult since we could use BS as bait and buy Lucky gun Last Goodbye, but farming up refills will be the same as now. In that case it would be fair to add something like Bloodlust potions to donations, maybe one extra BL potion for every 150 BD in a donation, so donators can still get their refills at the same price.

Just a suggestion because farmnig up good items in PvE is pretty hard now, especially for PvE only players.

Flag Post

Two changes:

You can now change your setup directly from the fight screen when you are not in combat. (Note that the small images of your weapons and powers will only update with the next attack)

We have now removed the unlock items for the merchant and trainer completely. With this change we now also have moved all items from Coraline with level requirement
to the according location merchant. This should make it easier for new players and also solve the problem of the Coraline merchant getting to confusing (overcrowded).

@GrynG1: I told Andi but he wants to leave it like it is, sorry.

Flag Post

Maybe you should remove the unlock item for region then, and only keep it level based. Heavy PvPer (or even PvBer) who basically don’t do PvE could then have access to merchant again…

I remember at some point I was lvl 45 and the second region was not even unlocked. It wasn’’t a problem until now, but with items not available at Coraline anymore, it could be a pain.

Flag Post

Don’t worry all PvP stuff (items for Vps) is still available at the battlemaster (as before). PvBers also have to do PvE otherwise they won’t have summoning items. Nevertheless i asked Andi and we will further increase the loot chance of the location unlock items.

Flag Post

Thanks Phil,love the changes :-[…..

Flag Post

Make dreadcrystals a universal socket item; An infused Dreadcrystal can be used for green, as it can for blue, as it can for purple. The reason is simple enough, as a premium item it is not worth the amount with the limited seletion of abil., with the addition of that freedom, it would significantly increase the value.
Another suggestion is make gem power level assignable for a multiple increase of blood sapphire per rank, with a level limit cap, 1 count for 10, 2 count for 20, for rough exsample.
P.S. Don’t you think your chewing apart what little story line there is to this game by removing the unlock items.

Flag Post

As a PvPer i find it quite annoying having to hover over the ‘battle’ section to click on ‘black book’ after i finish fighting another player to attack another player; perhaps you could make a button that instantly transfers you back to your black book page after fighting another player.

Flag Post

Also I don’t agree with the new changes (the buyable items being moved to area based) is it doesn’t allow PvPers to be able to get PvE based weapons as they are too busy PvPing they have no time to PvE, get the unlock area items to buy them.

Flag Post

@qsawde: Good idea with the ‘Go to black book’ button on the fight screen. I will add that to the list of possible improvements :-)
Regarding the area unlock items: As i said before the loot chance for them was drastically increased and is very good now so you won’t have to do a lot of PvE to get them as a PvPer.

Flag Post

a suggestion regarding pvp:

right now there are not enough active players for pvp to be viable at the higher levels. By the time you reach around lvl 60, there is virtually no one for you to attack if you want avatar wars bonus.

solution: increase the number of attacks per day per target to 10. Balance this by increasing the requirements for “Its a Trap”
alternative: attract more people to play the game :p
last resort: merge the konge server with the main COB server (which doesnt sound viable).

Flag Post
Originally posted by pktime:

a suggestion regarding pvp:

right now there are not enough active players for pvp to be viable at the higher levels. By the time you reach around lvl 60, there is virtually no one for you to attack if you want avatar wars bonus.

solution: increase the number of attacks per day per target to 10. Balance this by increasing the requirements for “Its a Trap”
alternative: attract more people to play the game :p
last resort: merge the konge server with the main COB server (which doesnt sound viable).

+1

Something must be done with PvP. I’m a lvl 64 PvPer, and right now i have a total of…TEN (10) available target. And i’m not talking about avatar war target, i’m talking about TOTAL AVAILABLE TARGET.

at a maximum of 8 fight per 24h, that means a maximum of 80 PvP fight per day. This is a bit ridiculous. I think the idea of increasing the maximum fight/target/day is a good idea. Removing the PvP disabling option might also help – there is not much impact in losing in def PvP.

An other good option could be increasing the level range of PvP target that gives VP.

Right now, you can get VP from target of your level -1 to your level +5. Make it -2 to +7, or -2 to +8, this would increase the target pool at higher level.

ie: at my level, this would mean 19 available target instead of 10, wich is almost double the target pool! This is 152 PvP fight per day instead of 80. This would make PvPing viable!

Flag Post

I think pvp is ok how it is, it wouldnt be unfair to ppl who do both or dont do pvp at all to change things in pvp manner. Pvper get already good armour, wepons etc. without doing any quest or PVE Content. So i would suggest let pvp how it is right now. If ppl fail the find a target they have to wait next days to attack that trarget again. All changes towards pvp to get more would be unfair. So dont complain bc thats just the price u have to pay if u dont want to participate in other game features.

Flag Post

while my character is only lvl 21, i have been trying to do long term planning, and frankly, it is discouraging. the cost of all the top end (frostknight/crimson set etc.) stuff mandates that VPs be farmed up all the way from lvl 1. While those on the FB server can (presumably since i dont play on it) have their pick and choice of targets, this does not apply on Kong, where as the lvl 64 has stated, he only has 10 targets 60 battles a day, and probably around 400 VP per day (factoring in the battlemaster quests and assuming he wins all). such a low number of battles means there is no incentive for being active as a PvP’er since you only get 60 PvP fights a day

Imagine if at lvl 60 you wanted to join PvP. Every day you can only pick up 400 VP. crimson set costs 10k without the weapon (20 days, at least). the frost knight set costs 45k (3 months? probably more). it might be possible to remedy this by lowering the cost of high end stuff so that higher level players still have a chance to transit to PvP; also it encourages hardcore PvPers to do PvE/PvB since they need less VPs

Also, PvP doesnt necessarily translate to easy PvE. You only get one good pve power (soul strike), and all those bloodbane and bloodward procs arent going to matter against most PvE mobs.

The big problem is that the way PvP is right now, if you want the equips or talent points, you have to start right from lvl 1 (or ASAP), or you will really suffer later on trying to get VPs or talent points. It must be made more accessible to all, and I think knuckle’s suggestion (increase level range) combined with more daily attacks are a good stopgap solution. Ultimately the game needs more new blood.

Flag Post

Just a note for pktime:

You will get extra daily attack as you level. one extra at level 40, then one more at level 60, so it will be 8 attack per day instead of 6. Still not enought in my opinion (considering the very low target availability), but better than 6.

Flag Post

Im a pvper too, and right now im worried about the increasingly low amount of pvp targets as well. Im not lvl 60 yet but i can start to feel the effect of not having enough pvp targets, so i really feel for Knuckle30. I also think removing the PvP disabling option can help.

I also thought i might add that switching to pve/pvb when we finish with all our pvp targets can be an option, but it is really NOT a solution to the fact that there are very few available pvp targets at higher lvl, until we reach lvl 100.

Flag Post

@pktime:
- I will talk to Andi on Monday and ask him if we can change the maximum PvP fights (per target player and day) on Kong to 8 from level 40 on and 10 from level 60 on.
- Attracting more people to the game is mainly in Kongs hand as they do all the advertising but we are happy for every new user that is attracted by word-of-mouth recommendation ;-)
- Merging the FB and Kong server is technically not possible and above all would be unfair to all Kong users fighting up their way in the hierarchy.

@Knuckle30: Increasing the level range would possibly be unbalanced but i will also forward your idea to Andi though i guess it has low chances. Maybe we can at least change that you get VPs if you are attacked by someone who is 4 (or maybe even 5) levels lower and win thus making the it’s a trap quest easier. (was suggested before by Tevir but declined by Andi but i will try to discuss it again ;-)

@Artem1s:
Regarding PvP always on we had that discussion on FB as well but we have to respect that some players don’t like PvP (even if you don’t lose anything, just because they don’t like ‘being attacked’ messages in their diary) and only play CoB because you can diable PvP.

Flag Post

More attacks or other ways to make PvP more interesting during a day sounds like a great idea. Maybe it would also be an option to reduce the loot and VP penalty for attacking lower level players, right now it feels as if loot chance is 0 and attacking lower players is only for VP or retaliation. This would efficiently increase the level range for the mid-range players from maybe lvl 40-65 who have some players around, but can feel how PvP dries up. It might also make PvP more viable for Players who do mostly PvE, PvB

PvP in general might be more interesting if it remains interesting to attack lower players. Right now there is no incentive to engage lower level players that attacked and defeated you. It might also be interesting to promise small rewards for players who retaliate (e.g. a normal loot rate despite level difference), so that more actual PvP interactions take place. Then I might actually check who attacked me :). Now its pointless (not enough targets anyway, lower levels).

Edit: To clarify what I see as problem: Because there is nothing to do at higher levels PvP Players actively try not to level up – so they have to avoid a lot of content like quests, PvB, PvE in current area, etc. One strategy is to buy LGLG at 51 and farm low level areas with little XP, hoping that other player level up faster and get into level range. But even that is pointless: I went offline 5 days and did not feel like I got more targets.

Flag Post

Yeah, I have had this problem as well. I solely did PvP from 36-51 except for what happened about once a day when I ran out of viable PvP targets and had to go back to PvE. Without some sort of change to the PvP system I feel like I have to pick and choose the PvE equipment I can buy. I know that this occurs in PvE as well, but at least there the limitation of how much I can make is solely based on the amount of energy I have, in PvP it is limited by the amount of viable PvP targets before energy even becomes an issue. If I were a pure PvP player, I would be very unhappy that the money I have put into this game to get a 60s regeneration setup would not be useful. Anyway, I don’t really have any ideas beyond those that have been posted, but I would like to register my discomfort with the current situation.

Flag Post

Does beathblowing another player in PvP have any benefits? Because it is pretty hard to do to most other players PvE or PvP based, so could u perhaps implement a reward of some kind for deathblowing in PvP like a VP increase or a chance to get the exclusive scrolls while not attacking the opposite avatar.

Flag Post

Would it be possible for the coven boss to be shown in the link for bosses?
Even just like Ver.Shape in the link
doesn’t need to be the full name as long as it can’t be anything else..
People don’t always bother to say what boss it is, and reloading to find out isn’t all that great.

Edit: 2. Could you add a boss and a pvp button in addition to the hunt button?

Flag Post

Thanks all for the feedback! From the proposals we have implemented the following:

- We have now changed the attack limits on Kong so that you can attack 8 times from level 40 on and 10 times from level 60 on.
- Furthermore you now even get 1 defensive VP if your opponent is up to 5 levels lower than you, making the it’s a trap quest easier to fulfill.
- There is now a blackbook button on the PvP combat page once you have finished a fight, so you can quickly return to your blackbook after having attacked a player.

@George63: The level of the coven boss is now shown in the link. The name is in fact irrelevant as all bosses of the same level e.g. Verdant chaosmage, Verdant shapeshifter, Verdant morphling all get their procs added randomly from the same proc pool. Regarding the additional buttons i talked to our artists but they think it would clutter up the GUI.

Flag Post

Boss Hunt PvP

Boss brings you to the boss page
PvP to the hunt page.. rather than having to use a dropdown menu for things most people do all the time.

And since only 1/3 of the coven bosses count towards talents.. would it be possible to add S, M or C beside the level?
(although thank you for adding level)

And as for the PvP disable option. If the main issue is that PvE/PvB players dont like seeing the fights in their diary, why not just make it so the fights don’t show up in the diary?
PvPing, either for talents, or for VP is really annoying 50+, If they don’t even know they are being attacked it shouldn’t be an issue?