Suggestions & Bug reports & Changes page 6

305 posts

Flag Post

Extra buttons may make it into a revised GUI (we are currently working on a streamlined GUI anyway with more logical menu layout and maybe the buttons can be added then. Our artists will try and see if they can find a solution)

For now i have changed that you get directly to the boss page if you click on ‘Hunting Ground’ (led to the diary before). If you click on ‘Battle’ you will get to the search victims page as before, so you at least have the one click functionality already now :-)

→> And since only 1/3 of the coven bosses count towards talents.. would it be possible to add S, M or C beside the level?
Good point i have added a ‘T’ beside the level in the URL if the coven boss counts for the talent tree or not.

>> Remove disabling PvP
Even if some players would accept that there are other players who still wouldn’t like it and above all it would remove all the challenge from PvP as players would bookmark players without any PvP equipment then to get easy VPs which is not what we want (It should be challenging and thus more rewarding if you actually win a PvP fight).

Flag Post

I really like the additional deathblow reward! It a totally awesome idea! If you make a new skill that is mostly useful for PvP and has scrolls that only drop for deathblow victories that could be really exciting. Right now if you PvP a lot you have all the loot and only do it for VP, Rubies and the tradeable stuff (which is not worth so much). Such a scroll would however reintroduce the excitement of looking for something that you want (which is the thing that makes the other modes interesting) + the challenge. + it might not hurt balance if its useful for PvP. In general it would be exciting to introduce some alternative to the usual chloromacy+diablerie setup.

EDIT: Or, even cooler, a new and hard to get WoC. Or both :).

Flag Post

A different suggestion, because you mentioned that you might work on the GUI.

I play PvP by looking at the two health bars. Often I attack twice, see how the healthbar changes, decide to speed attack or consider one of the options. There are two problems with this:
1. The health bars are of different length and start at a different point on the x-axis
2. The health bars do not well reflect the actual difference of blood you lost. For example if my opponent has 900 blood and I have 600, the health bars are a really useless if not confusing indicator of what matters for the outcome of the fight.

Flag Post

Phil.
THANK YOU very much for those couple quality of life changes.
It is appreciated, and when people notice them I’m sure they will be rather grateful :)

Flag Post

I would like it if you could make deathblowing in PvE have a chance to get everything the creature has to offer as (right now) when you deathblow a creature you are eligible to get some items but not others e.g. when deathblowing the forest spirit (in the dark forest) you are able to get the ancient oak staff but not the oak staff and when you are at a high level you are much stronger and may find it hard not to deathblow the forest spirit while wanting to deathblow other creatures e.g. the terror bear to get ravens.

Flag Post

Aller Anfang ist schwer. (german, I’m sure Andi can translate) When too low a player base at launch time is keeping a game from unfolding its full potential the developing team can make use of their quality analyst/testing department. If not enough viable pvp opponents is a problem, rather than changing rules regarding that aspect of the game, one could create several handfulls of mid and high level characters with a range of defensive set ups and have them sitting in the potential target list. Once the player base increases one can delete the aid-characters.

Flag Post

excellent idea Querylon, lets hope it can be done.

Flag Post

After a few days playing under the recents PvP improvement, I must say those extra 2 attacks per day help a lot for lvl 60+ PvP.

Thank you for being attentive to suggestions

Flag Post

The search for victims feature would be much more useful if you could select one specific level to be displayed at a time. I always hit the vamps 5 levels above me first and work down to 4 and then 3 etc.

Oh and gratz on making a browser based game that I find much more interesting to play than my collector’s edition AAA mmo rumored to cost a couple hundred million to make. Judging by this thread, you’re killing them on bug fixes and adding in quality of life features as well.

Flag Post

Hey, first of all – wonderful game, I’ve been playing for a couple of weeks now and really enjoy CoB.

Recently started doing some Coven bosses and I feel there are a few small changes you can make that would help improve the experience:

1. People shouldn’t be able to kick you from a boss fight if you have done more than 75% damage. Hasn’t happened to me but it would be very unpleasant. For a low level like myself doing 75% damage takes 1 or even 2 days of effort and to be kicked out for no good reason would be very frustrating.

2. There should be a way to exit the fight/surrender as with normal bosses. Sometimes you engage a boss by mistake, sometimes the boss turns out to be too difficult… if you don’t want to continue or can’t properly contribute to the fight you should be able to exit and free up a space for someone who wants that boss and not be entirely dependent on the summoner being active or proactive.

3. The Livefeed allows you to share your summoned bosses with guild members but there is no such functionality for bosses you are fighting but others have summoned. The chat helps a lot, but it would be nice to have an intra-guild alternative. E.g. i know that some of my guildmates probably need Verdant shapeshifter bosses for the talent point, but we are very rarely active in the chat at the same time. I could try posting in their personal walls but I really dont know who needs the boss and who doesn’t. The guild chat can be used but then it gets cluttered with links and other players may be annoyed. It would be nice to have one section in the Livefeed dedicated to guild summoned bosses, as is, and another section giving access to non-guild summoned bosses that guild members are active in.

Hope this helps you make an entertaining game even better. All best.

Flag Post

We have been working in parallel over the last weeks to address one of the main critic points on Kong and tried to minimize vertical scrolling.
Therefore we have added paging functionality on a lot of pages (inventory, saved setups, merchants, etc.) and also made some minor changes to further increase usability.

The detailed changes are:
- For merchants you can now switch between crafted and sold items via the buttons ‘Crafting’ and ‘Buying’
- For trainers you can now switch between the offered quests and the servants you can employ via the buttons ‘Quests’ and ‘Servants’
- The battlemaster has been split (Battlemaster Trainer, Battlemaster merchant)
- The battlemaster merchant shows only all items of player level minus 30 by default now. You can make the other items visible via the links (‘Show all weapons’, ‘Show all chest armour’, etc.)
- Inscriptions at the thaumaturge can now be viewed by enchanted weapon type via the buttons ‘Weapons’, ‘Chest’, ‘Head’, ‘Hands and ’Boots’
- Navigation at the jeweller now works via the buttons ‘Blue gems’, ‘Green gems’, ‘Purple gems’ and ‘Dreadcrystals’
- Inventory: Paging functionality for all item types and for armour you can now show items of one armour type via the buttons ‘Chest’, ‘Head’, ‘Hands, ’Boots’ and ‘Belts’
- Misc: You can now show misc items by type via the buttons ‘Crafting’, ‘Inscriptions’, ‘Summon’, ‘Portals’, ‘Misc’, ‘Potions’, ‘Upgrades’
- For powers and accessories you can see your currently equipped powers and accessories without paging and also deselect/unequip them all at once if wanted beside the headline
- On the servants page you will now see a number in the upper right corner that displays if the servant is the active (1) or a passive servant (2 and3)
- Powers are now sorted by level and within one level alphabetically
- Glyphs, servants, scrolls, word of commands and all misc items are now sorted alphabetically (exception summoning items which are sorted by time of addition)
- Saved setups: You can now page between slots (1-4, 5-8, 9-12, 13-16)
- Travel screen: You can now also switch between normal regions and portals via the buttons ‘Regions’ and ‘Portals’
- Grimoire: Paging functionality and navigation via region/portal image and no longer texts
- PvB: Boss summoning items are shown on the boss combat page once you defeat the boss so you can summon again without switching screens.
- We have added level dependent level up popups for levels 1-14 and continue the tutorial with them to make it easier for new players to get into the different aspects of the game.
- As there were also some internal changes we have cleared the diary entries.

Next thing we are working on is a revised GUI with a new menu layout that should further make it easier for new players to get into the game.

Of course we are also preparing for All Hallow’s week 3 (new portal at the end of October opening up together with the existing event portals ‘Field of the Dead’ and the ‘Western field of the Dead’) and are further working on R11 :-)

Flag Post

Hello.

The new link options not work too good at the items, where it is more then one full page item is available… like battlemaster show full weapons, jeweller (only the green and the purple gems) I see only the top of some itmes picture at the end of the window, and becouse no scrolling I can’t go down….

Flag Post

Thanks for the info, i will try to reproduce it!

Flag Post

If you are in, say the battlemaster merchant area you will have to ‘hide’ the top item to see the next in line.

Flag Post
Originally posted by thedooner:

If you are in, say the battlemaster merchant area you will have to ‘hide’ the top item to see the next in line.

Yes, I know, but you can’t hide anithing when you want to see all the weapons, or the jews…

Flag Post

When you are in the battlemaster merchant area a lot the buyable stuff is cut off by the bottom of the screen, which then in turn doesn’t let you see all the weapons available and anything beneath it without hiding the sections above the one you currently want to look at e.g. if you want to look at the glyphs you must hide all previous sections (weapons, armor, mounts, etc) to see the glyphs. Please change it back to the way it was before or at least make the sreen stretch according to how low the items push the screen to, to be able to see all everything.

Flag Post

yes thanks all, i see the problem and i am working on a fix already :-)

Flag Post

ok, problem should be fixed now :-)

Flag Post
Originally posted by diviad_phil:

ok, problem should be fixed now :-)

And it is working fine :)

Flag Post

Thanks Phil, for the fix. :)

Flag Post

Thanks for all the recent changes! They are really great and improve the game. Especially like the tabs in the armory and for items.

However, there is one thing i do not like: When I look at the info text for items it used to show the procs one per line. Now it shows them in a table with two or three columns. Personally I find that confusing and really prefered the list/bulletpoint like ordering of one proc per line. If you need it to fit stuff on one screen for high level items, maybe you could make it that first you show 5 procs in 5 lines, if there are 6-10 procs you start a new columns, and so on, something like this? One of the problems with the columns is that the text does not fit in. So it reads Hail of bull… or Use Empowr… (new line) 2.

Also, in addition to the 1,2,… buttons for browsing powers a next and previous button would be nice so you can rest your mouse pointer at the same location when clicking.

EDIT (sorry for always editing my posts…): I would think the battle master should by default show the buying page, not the crafting page. At level 44 there is only the coffin available for crafting and I crafted that a long time ago, so most of the time I want to go to the buy section now. (+ it might be good to show credits, VP etc on the crafting page as well)

Flag Post

@Tilman: Good idea for the proc display and the battlemaster, i will put it on my list :-)

Previous and next buttons are also a good idea but it has to wait as it is more work than one might think to implement that and the GUI redesign has priority at the moment.

Flag Post

If its possible could the avatar wars change every 3 to 4 days instead of 7? And i still like the idea of being able to attack higher then just 5 levels above my current level if that could also be changed ;-) cheers Phil.

Flag Post

@thedooner: We already had a poll regarding another update cycle for the avatar wars 2 months ago and players didn’t want to change it.
See here: http://forum.diviad.com/showthread.php?44953-Poll-Update-Avatar-war-pairings-more-often&highlight=avatar .
And Andi also doesn’t want to change the level restriction for balancing reasons, sorry.

Flag Post

maybe sorting powers according to how many scrolls you have read would be a nice option. For me that would be a bit more meaningful compared to ordering by name per level.