Forums Castlot

Official Announcements Thread (locked)

76 posts

Flag Post

Welcome to this game. Official updates and announcements will be posted in this thread.

Flag Post

Coming soon:
1. Effect of “Elements” of Dark Technology will be changed into “increase prestige” ;
2. From the same Maps entrance, a Worldview Zoom will be developed, and city info, Faction info, etc., also will be presented.

Flag Post

This will be great.

Flag Post

Yay, thanks for balancing it out :) I would prefer loadbearing to be replaced with prestige increase, but even elements will do :)

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

Update 8/3 (16:00-16:20, Server Time)

1. Change the effect of the dark tech Elements to increasing Prestige gained by the lord by 0.5% on every upgrade.
2. Fix the wrong bonus effect of the dark tech Loadbearing.
3. The attack icon will disappear when players withdraw troops in the middle of an attack and won’t stick around until the troops are back in their cities.
4. The next equipment will be chosen after you sell the equipment.
5. Add the sorting function on the equipment pages.
6. Fix the problem about the enhancement success rate displayed greater than 100%.
7. There will be sound effects when players use a scheme successfully.
8. Fix the problem about the ineffective armor bonus of the Arena equipment.
9. Remove the visual effects on the last slot on the Draw Card panel that happen when players use Auto Draw and then lack enough Gold.
10. Lower the attribute requirements on card wearing.
11. Auto Attacks in the Babel Tower will be counted as pass-throughs.
12. The current attainable highest difficulty will be chosen as the default difficulty for players to enter the Babel Tower.

Flag Post

Update 8/17 (16:00-16:20, Server Time)

1. Improve the newcomer tutorial to help new players get familiar with Castlot better.
2. There will be animation effects when players claim stuff sometimes.
3. There will be animation effects when players get Gold through upgrading their buildings.
4. Click on any city or piece of wildland on the world map and you will see a super cool animation effect.
5. Mouse over an NPC in Explore and a crossed swords icon will show up.
6. If players unlock the Lvl A Card Deck with Diamonds, then the Gold needed to draw from it will be reduced substantially. If the S Deck is lit up right after they draw a card from the Diamond-unlocked A Deck, then the Gold needed to draw from the S Deck will also be reduced considerably.
7. Add buttons Levy All and Recall All in the Seized Cities panel.
8. Fix some bugs and other errors existing in the game.

9. Card function improvements
9.1 Players will be informed about which card will absorb the others and stay before they decide to auto merge.
9.2 The Card function will be available when players reach Lv 25. The icon will appear grey when it is not available.
9.3 Players will get one free random green Card when they first enter the Draw Card panel at Lv 25.
9.4 An important change to the MANUALLY-Merge-Card rule: Drag one Card onto another, and the Card on top will absorb the one beneath, regardless of their quality or level. In this way, players can keep and upgrade any Card they want.

10. Alchemy function improvement
Players will get an Alchemy chest which contains a piece of supreme equipment whenever their Alchemy times reach a certain number.

Flag Post

Update 8/30 (16:00-16:20, Server Time)

1. Add new sorting functions in the League – Member page. When you hover your mouse over titles Position, Level or Contribution, the cursor will turn into the hand shape. Click on those titles and you can sort members by their Position, Level or Contribution.
2. New feature for inviting friends. You could invite your friends on the game page directly and gain the rewards more convenient.
3. Small adjustments to the task panel to show the task information in a more effective way.
4. Redo the Mount images to make the quality (color) of the Mounts visibly clearer.
5. Add the equipment comparison function for equipment of the same type. When pondering over which equipment to change into in the Hero Hall, you can get an instant comparison between the equipment wearable and the equipment equipped.
6. Fix some bugs and other errors existing in the game.

Flag Post

Update 9/06 (16:00-16:20, Server Time, GMT+8)

Flag Post

Update 9/13 (16:00-16:20, Server Time, GMT+8)

1. Add League Mass Mailing function, applicable to Chief and Vice Chiefs.
2. New visual effects when you open or close a window.
3. Slight change to the quest interface.
4. Add walking people and animals inside and outside of the city. The number of buildings and the level of the Senate affect the number of walking people and animals and how often they will appear.
5. Flags on seized cities will show in different colors:
5.1. Yellow flags indicate that the cities are seized by you.
5.2. Green flags indicate that the cities are seized by your league-mates.
5.3. Blue flags indicate that the cities are seized by your friends.
5.4. White flags indicate that the cities are seized by others that are not your league-mates, friends or yourself.
6. Lower the probability of drawing grey cards substantially and increase the probability of drawing high quality cards.
7. The problem that a level 1 hero strikes first regardless of his attributes in a multi-hero Race Up will be fixed.

Flag Post

Update 9/20 (16:00-16:20, Server Time, GMT+8)

Game Function Improvements
1. News mails, System mails and Battle Reports will be removed regularly. Each News mail, System mail or Battle Report will only be saved for 7 days in the Inbox. News mails or System mails with attachments will not be automatically deleted after 7 days; they will be deleted in 7 days after the attachments have been claimed.
2. Add dialogues before players attack the Treasure Box in Explore.
3. Lower the difficulty of the level 30 NPC in Arena.
4. Change the target of one of the main quests from completing 100 challenges to 20 challenges.

Interface Improvements
5. Polish the Next button on the dialogue box.

Bug Fixing
6. The scroll bar will not sink to the bottom automatically every time a new message appears in a chat window.
7. The problem that the Sent Mail panel only shows one page even when there should be many pages will be fixed.
8. The problem that sometimes the Check Updates panel cannot be closed will be fixed.

Flag Post

Updaate 9/27 (16:00-16:20, Server Time GMT+8)

Interface Improvements

1. The appearance of the cities in the World view will change according to the players’ level.

2. Add the new function reminders. Players will be reminded of the locked functions with level restrictions.

Feature Improvements

3. Add the little-guy protection. A certain amount of Prestige will be deducted every time a player of a higher-level range robs or seizes a player of a lower-level range. You can tell what level range a player is in by looking at the appearance of the player cities in the World view.
4. Lower the cost of building Fortifications.
5. Battle reports will be saved for 20 days in the Babel Tower; 7 days in the Arena.
6. Fix the problem that a team-up battle in Explore can be started even when there are not 3 players in a team.

Flag Post

let say I am lvl 80, so I can only attack lvl 80-100 player otherwise my prestige will be deducted?

Flag Post

there should be another way. currently i have lvl100 city. and there are some lowlevel players (lvl45-55) that constantly take my siezes and lower my league sieze score. they dont care about prestige, they just hunt for score. and now i cant even do anything to them, because if i will sieze them to take my score back i will lose 1% of my total prestige, what currently is 125k (huge numbers).

Flag Post

agree completely with Krolik here. the idea is nice, the effect means that a lvl 29 can basically steal all the seizes from someone, and no one could officially stop him/her…

This is a defensive game, so until you can get to lvl 90, you are in general already losing quite a lot fighting lower levels

I would like to suggest a payback system then ;)

IE: everyone get’s a day to seize someone, rob someone if they steal a seize from you…(attack you)

Because then, clearly they don’t want the protection…

Flag Post

IDEACHANNEL!!! With this update lowlevels rule the world map!!!

Right now 190 sieze score were stolen from me and i cant do anything with it. People that hate our league just create accounts and sieze and abandon, then create another acount and sieze and abandon again. and there is nothing i can do. If i will sieze every this lowlevel ill lose 120k prestige everytime i do it. no fun. really.

or should i create multiaccounts to hunt for those cities from another acc? i dont like this idea

Flag Post

A few other suggestions, maybe not all are interchangeable, so just think about them

1. Make attacks dependable on own level, instead of set brackets (ie: for example: 20 levels lower is free, 21-40 levels lower costs xx, more then that costs a whole lot)
2. Make the brackets based on rank, instead of Main Hero Level (ie: Lancelot now can’t attack me, because I am lvl 71, and he is lvl 80, totally unfair advantage, since we’re both marchioness/something else)
3. As I said, make a retalliate possibility
4. (might already be in place) Make freeing free of that charge IE: If some low level got lucky, make me not pay that amount just to free myself (also see 2 for example)
5. Make the cost be based on gain, instead of prestige you have (ie: In the ensuing fight between a lower level, and a higher level, you gain 25% prestige less, compaired to the battle result, and the opponent gets 25% more), ALSO Max Gained prestige gained from that battle is lvl x 100
So that even when you annihilate another player, you don’t get the ridiculous amounts of 10k-20k prestige, which was why the lower levels were mostly being attacked anyway
6. Look at the player being attacked, not the player there…IE: I tried stealing a sieze from Lancelot (there he is again) and got the message I was attacking a lower level… This is not true, as long as that flag is there, I am attacking Lancelot, and apparantly Lancelot alone (don’t fight any barrack troops)
7. Subsequentially, another thing, make “free” attacks.
Attacks with which we can freely free someone that may be lower level then us, but because they are in our league/friended.
IE: Instead of seizing, we just release that person from someone that has attacked it
8. Or, make some sort of log, that tells us who we have paid for, and thus, make it so that we only need to pay for new targets…

Hope these are enough to get you started, but if not, I can get you a dozen more probably

Flag Post

Long time listener, first time caller here. I am generally quiet about the gameplay, but I finally have a complaint worth posting. I am working like crazy to achieve Duke, and really don’t start any trouble except for sticking up for leaguemates who are attacked. I digress. When I find an inactive player, level 10 for example, I will seize them. That is, until I received the notice “You will lose 4147 Prestige if you Seize low level players.”. I think this may be a little excessive for an inactive player.

My thoughts – Since y’all know how long someone has been inactive, maybe have a penalty that decreases over time. This will allow for a protection of players who are trying to build up, but not penalize those active players trying to gain rank (and free troops).

Or, just throwing this out there, y’all could give me 2,000,000 prestige/400 cross medals. Just an idea.

Flag Post

Should do both an “inactive” type thing, where if the player is inactive for so long they get an icon showing they can be attacked. And give a warning to a player if their going to lose prestige (“You will lose xxxxx prestige for attacking this player. Would you like to continue?”

Also a retaliation thing. If you (or your seized cities) are attacked by a lower level, then you have…say 3 days to retaliate and won’t lose prestige.

Just my thought really. Will allow people to level with out fear of being seized 24/7.

Personally I like it. Mainly because I’m level 70, and now I can not get attacked like I have been the last month. But I can see how it’s unfair to people such as Krolik, asp, edwin, game, etc.

Flag Post

Please reverse or mitigate this update as soon as possible. Losing 1% prestige for every attack I send at someone 10 levels lower than me (including a 1 cav scout attack) is simply excessive. Considering how important prestige farming becomes, this update is essentially making sure that no higher level player will ever attack a lower level, and lower level players can pick off the seizes of high level players with impunity. If keeping the ’cost for attacking lower players- scheme is important, maybe make it 0.05% of your prestige or something, 1% is way, way too high.

Flag Post

fultinator that post is full of it. higher levels seize lower levels all the time, have you ever heard of asp or his rag tag band of followers? not to mention that its easier for them to hit low levels due to the lesser defense and troops they can have, not to mention the prestige they got every time they got to re-seize them whenever the lower level repelled. this way they cant go around hitting every lower level on the map just because they have been playing for longer.

Flag Post
Originally posted by tiger32k:

fultinator that post is full of it. higher levels seize lower levels all the time, have you ever heard of asp or his rag tag band of followers? not to mention that its easier for them to hit low levels due to the lesser defense and troops they can have, not to mention the prestige they got every time they got to re-seize them whenever the lower level repelled. this way they cant go around hitting every lower level on the map just because they have been playing for longer.

u madbro?

Flag Post

no, im quite happy actually, thanks for the concern. @those who think this should be reversed becasue of lower levels stealing their seizes, your supposed to not spread yourself thin enough that lower levels with weaker troops and less sent per attack are able to get through so much.

Flag Post

I personally like the semi-protection. I’m just nearing a complete level 50 city, this being said, I can even send 3k troops total out yet, but have to defend against people who can launch 7-9k at me. Literally, I haven’t been free from seize since I got out of the Beginners Protection. Which is kind of crap, considering I’d like to participate in the scoring, but cannot simply because people 30x my strength constantly keep my main seized. So I LOL at those high levels looking to get it changed. It made many of us smaller players willing to KEEP playing. Which is what keeps a game alive, giving newcomers a chance at not being obliterated by the veteran players.

Flag Post

Protection is one thing, but this makes it somewhat disadvantageous to be a high level, because then you either lose cities to low level players, or lose outrageous amounts of prestige protecting what you have seized.