Forums Castlot

Relics War

16 posts

Flag Post

The reward for relics war is too low. Right now i have over 23.000.000 prestige, holding Mega relic and Advanced relic alone i get in total 50.000 prestige in 6 hours, that’s like 100.000-150.000 every day.
Not bad numbers you say? Maybe, but to be realistic, that’s only 0,43%-0,65% of my total prestige, i mean i lose more prestige in single sieze of a low level player (0,5% prestige) than rewards from 18-hours hold of top relics.

Maybe you can review the “every hour reward system” to make it based on total prestige, lets say 0,1% total prestige every hour. Or maybe add 0,5% prestige gains after 6 hour relic hold.

This will make those relics really attractive and challenging.

Flag Post

Relics are for lower level players to get a boost to alleviate the grind. They’re not for the people at the top to sit on and obtain those ridiculous prestige ranks.

Flag Post

@Vandiego why top players can’t get more prestige? i agree that lvl 3 isn’t too low coz it is for lvl 80-90 players imo. They just have to add a lvl IV (for lvl 100 and better prestige) so everybody will be happy :D

Flag Post
Originally posted by kalsitu:

@Vandiego why top players can’t get more prestige? i agree that lvl 3 isn’t too low coz it is for lvl 80-90 players imo. They just have to add a lvl IV (for lvl 100 and better prestige) so everybody will be happy :D

one thing i can understand is why they need more prestige? i mean if you dont need it to advance to the next high archery whats the point?

Flag Post

@Nightmares111 Grand duke costs 20M prestige, and there is a higher hierarchy: Prince..

Flag Post
Originally posted by kalsitu:

@Nightmares111 Grand duke costs 20M prestige, and there is a higher hierarchy: Prince..

reallly? didnt know that before. now it makes sence. but im curiose if it doesnt allow you to advance past lv 100 what does it do for you?

Flag Post

@Nightmares111 atm it only gives u more gold from hierarchy and the reward of being grand duke are resources and 200mp.

Ye they could add much more things…

Flag Post

If one were to hold the advanced and mega relics alone, it will take 397 days to reach the last final hierarchy, from 23 million prestige to 100 million prestige. This excludes doing explore and certainly excludes “double prestige” events. The 397 days comes from doing relics alone and it assumes you only hold the relics for 18 out of the possible 24 hours each. Obviously, the time it takes to reach the final stage is shorter when other sources of prestige are included or when you hold the relics for longer periods of time.

Since relics do not give out cross medals, it is most certain that you will be doing explore; thus, shorten the time it takes to reach the last rank.

Flag Post

I think it would be nice to have a 4th level of relics.
as it is now, lvl 80’s will never hold a relic ever on an established server.

Flag Post

A 4th level would help much.

Flag Post

If you played on servers with 480 level 80 players — that’s level 80 only, not level 81s and up, then you’d know that a “4th level” will do squat. The volume of players is the result of server mergers.

There’s only 41 slots available for the relics. If the top players take more than 1 relic, then only 21 players or so are taking relics. That’s the top 21 out of 480 level 80 players.

About three weeks ago (maybe more), I saw a level 80 player whine that she couldn’t get any relics because they were all taken by level 100s. She’s one of the 480 level 80s. There are about 500 level 90s and above.

She wanted all of the level 100s to move up to another level.

This level 80 couldn’t do floor 5 of babel. So all she can get is level 60 equipment from babel. She has no yellow skill cards. The level of her cards ranged from level 4 to 6. She had only 4 or so level 80 equipment on her main hero. She probably has none on her two sub-heroes (I can’t see them) as it is typical to put the best gear on your main hero. She had no chance at all in holding a relic against other level 80s, much less the level 100s she wanted to get rid of.

Removing the level 100s would have not have changed her position … unless, of course, she has a level 100 account.

Then there’s the level 90s who complain. At least the level 90 has an easy agenda to figure out. Remove the level 100s and they would become the top dogs and beat up on the level 80s.

Flag Post

You’re Right BossHogg some servers are highly populated. the point of creating a 4th set of relics is to remove the 100’s from the competition. currently they can sit on the relics forever because there is no where for them to go. with another level, they would be gone, the 90’s would become the bullies until they eventually level out of that relic and the poor sad little 80’s will be in a place to take over. As is, the 80’s will never hold a relic.

Flag Post

The purpose of competition is what? To compete, right? It is obviously not competition when the rules are changed to remove players perceived to be unbeatable.

And, of course, I can predict the next rebuttal. It is not fair that level 100s are taking over all of the relics. The 80s don’t have a chance.

So let’s remove the unbeatable from the competition.

Let’s pretend that all of the 100s were killed off so you will never have to worry about them ever again. If they want to continue playing, they are all forced back to level 1 and start over. And from that point on, level 100 is off limits to everyone. So there would be no level 100s anymore. Ever. The level 80s are free!

What is stopping the level 99s from dominating the relics? Magic?

Easy. Kill of the 99s so you won’t have to worry about them, either.

Then the 98s dominate. Kill them off as well. Keeping doing it until there’s nobody left playing the game except for level 80s.

At that point, the game is 100% fair. Right?

Oh wait, it isn’t.

Some level 80s are actually better than others. Some spent time building up their skill cards and not rush up the level rankings. Some did babel towers for many more days than others and therefore have accumulated better equipment. Some did avalon for much longer periods of time and thus were able to level up their gear more. Etc., Etc. , Etc. While others spent money to improve their game character.

So now the next step is to segregate the tough level 80s from the weak level 80s, in order to be “fair”. There would be many, many, many relics levels just for level 80 players only. Players of similar strength and skill will all be grouped together in order to be fair.

At this point, the relic game dies.

People do not want to see a series of ties that take 40 rounds each trying to win relics.

Flag Post

You’re just arguing for the sake of arguing.
The only thing I was trying to say in this conversation is that with the 100’s having no place to progress to they will always stay in the relics and lower levels will never have a chance to get them.
The first two relic zones have a competitive nature to them because there is constantly a coming and going of competition. There is actually the notion that if you work on your skills you can be the strongest in that area so the relics have relevancy.
In the highest set of relics… no matter how much work an 80 does they will NEVER become powerful enough to handle a 100. they are already eliminated by the fact that their gear is so much lower.
That wouldn’t be a problem IF there was a chance to change that. There is not. No matter how many times those lvl 80’s go in to relics there will never be a time that they will have a competitive chance. SO the end result? 80’s stop trying and grind out prestige the old way. Thus, the relic becomes worthless to those that would actually benefit from it.

Competition is only relevant when there’s actually competition. There’s a reason why high school basketball teams don’t play against the NBA. There is no competition there.

Flag Post

the old system of allowing you to take any relics (from junior to advanced ) was better on my opinion, we would compete for better relics instead of compete to simply get one, now ppl will upgrade their senates to lv 79 to keep their hero at that lv and get more prestige on medium relics than lvling to 80

Flag Post
Originally posted by squidbomb:

You’re just arguing for the sake of arguing.
The only thing I was trying to say in this conversation is that with the 100’s having no place to progress to they will always stay in the relics and lower levels will never have a chance to get them.
The first two relic zones have a competitive nature to them because there is constantly a coming and going of competition. There is actually the notion that if you work on your skills you can be the strongest in that area so the relics have relevancy.
In the highest set of relics… no matter how much work an 80 does they will NEVER become powerful enough to handle a 100. they are already eliminated by the fact that their gear is so much lower.
That wouldn’t be a problem IF there was a chance to change that. There is not. No matter how many times those lvl 80’s go in to relics there will never be a time that they will have a competitive chance. SO the end result? 80’s stop trying and grind out prestige the old way. Thus, the relic becomes worthless to those that would actually benefit from it.

Competition is only relevant when there’s actually competition. There’s a reason why high school basketball teams don’t play against the NBA. There is no competition there.

Your entire commentary is bogus for a very obvious reason.

Level 80s do not stay at level 80s. Level 100s are stuck at level 100. You do know that level 80 players can still level up, right?

Stop making things up just to argue for handouts.

I can’t help but notice that you failed to fight for the right for level 50s to compete. They don’t have much of a chance against level 70s just like level 80s don’t have a chance against 100s. What’s the explanation for this?

Well, as a level 79, you were the king of the medium relic world, the top dawgs, the unbeatable ones. No level 50 can stop you. But all good things come to an end. After all, FvF, explore, and other aspects of the game would benefit more if your main hero, senate, base, and barracks were at higher levels.

Once you move up to advance relics, you are no longer the top dawg. You are now at the bottom again. And moving up 20 levels to regain that status seems like a huge mountain to climb. One way to shorten that climb is to remove the level 100s so you only have to go up 10 levels to regain the status of top players in relics — not to mention that there would also be fewer total players, increasing the chance of finding an empty relic to take especially on less populated servers.

And to claim that level 100s are not among the many players that “truly benefit it” is also ludicrous. 100s have 20 million and 100 million prestige goals to make. level 80s/90s have 2 million and 8 million goals. Your little goals are not even in the same ballpark.

High school players move up to play pros. And very often, in their first season or two, they stink. Kobe Bryant was not MVP caliber player in his first season. He improved his game, over time. Took years. He did not lobby the commissioner to remove the best players at the time and have them play in a different league so he can have a chance at winning MVPs and championships.