Forums Castlot

[News] Castlot Server Mergers on Jan 3, 2012

25 posts

Flag Post

To maintain a quality in-game environment and increase player interactions, we will carry out server mergers for Castlot starting at 12:00 on Jan 2, 2013 (Server Time). The merger will last approximately 2 hours and the servers involved are S1 – S3. These servers will then be temporarily shut down during the merger. We greatly appreciate your patience and understanding.

The merger will be carried out at 12:00 on Jan 2, 2013 (Server Time). After the server merger has taken place, there will be special offer events lasting for 3 days that offer great discounts to help players adapt to the new environment!
The servers from S1 to S3 will be merged into one new server. Players’ current game progress will not be affected after the merger.

There will be only one server listed for logging in after the merger. In the new server, besides competing or hanging out with players of your previous servers, you will be able to compete or hang out with players of other servers!

I. Please be aware that the following will be completed during the merger.

1. Marching troop queues between cities and transportation queues in the Market will be terminated. Troops marching will return to and resources will be transported back to the departure city immediately. Remaining troops after a battle will also return to the departure city immediately.

2. Characters fall into the following three categories at the same time will be deleted:
a. Lower than level 30;
b. not been logged in for 30 days;
c. no Diamond purchase records.

3. Mails without attachments and Battle reports will be deleted. Players are recommended to save in advanced important mails on their computer and collect all mail attachments.

4. In the first Faction Battle after the merger, the number of the NPC troops will be reset to the initial number.

5. For duplicated names and coordinates, here are the solutions:
a. Each duplicated character name will be added the old server number as a suffix, for example, King Arthur.S1.
b. Each duplicated league name will also be added the old server number as a suffix, for example, Bright Alien.S1.
c. For cities that happen to have the same coordinates in the World view, one of them will be chosen at random to stay in the same place, and the rest will be relocated randomly to other pieces of flatland of the same kingdom.

6. The Grail Hunting will be reset to the original state after the merger. Neutral areas will be reset to neutral. Every city in the neutral areas will be relocated to a random piece of flatland of the same faction. Players will receive an Advanced Relocator for free for each of their cities in the neutral areas.

7. In the new server, First Victory and Best Victory in the Babel Tower, First Record and Best Record in both the Regular and Heroic modes in the Team-up Explore will be reset to blank.

8. If players are in a team in Explore before the merger, the team will be disbanded and the heroes will return to the departure city immediately.

9. All events will be reset / deleted after the merger. Remember to claim all unclaimed rewards before the server merges.

10. If players play on several servers and their different characters happen to be on the same new merged server, Diamonds will be added up and shared by these different characters.

II. Free Merger Giftpack

All players in S1 – S3 will each receive an exclusive free Giftpack after the merger which contains the following rewards:
a. 1,000,000 Gold;
b. 20 Magic Potions;
c. 100,000 Prestige;
d. 1 Advanced Relocator;
e. 2 Relocators.

Rewards will be sent to all eligible players via in-game mail within 24 hours after the merger. Remember to claim your rewards when you log into the merged servers.

Flag Post

if I played on 2 servers, will I be able to switch between both accounts at the new server?

Flag Post

will my two vip accounts be merged into one? How is this going to effect those that have accounts on both servers?

Flag Post
Originally posted by karamkudzu:

will my two vip accounts be merged into one? How is this going to effect those that have accounts on both servers?

also one of mine is dark the other bright, so i guess a merge is out
what can i expect

Flag Post

What do you mean player that haven’t purchase diamond will be deleted?

Flag Post

read again, and again, and then read again but carefully.
players that do not fit all THREE categories at the same time will be deleted, all three categories, at the same time, that mean 1st category AND 2nd category AND 3rd category.

“What do you mean player that haven’t purchase diamond will be deleted?”
they mean that they will never delete any account that committed purchase of diamonds, even a 1st level player with more than 30 days offline.

Flag Post
Originally posted by krolik:

read again, and again, and then read again but carefully.
players that do not fit all THREE categories at the same time will be deleted, all three categories, at the same time, that mean 1st category AND 2nd category AND 3rd category.

“What do you mean player that haven’t purchase diamond will be deleted?”
they mean that they will never delete any account that committed purchase of diamonds, even a 1st level player with more than 30 days offline.

aah sorry i had a motorbike accident on boxing day and hit my head, thanks for pointing that out :D

Flag Post

@Chritm you can still log in with these two character, but not at the same time.
@karamkudzu your two vip characters will be still existed in new server, and the VIP would be re-calculated. For example, your character A on S1 recharged 100USD, character B on S2 recharged 200USD, then on the new server, both A and B would be considered as recharged 300USD. And both your dark and bright side character will be existed on the new server.

Flag Post

I think everyone should receive two advanced relocators, not one. Lets say my main city is moved to a random location because of the same coordinates issue. That would mean that my two subcities are still stuck in their original position. But since I would like to keep my subcities and main city next to each other, I would need two advanced relocators to get them there.
And instead of adding the suffix S1/S2/S3 to the name of the player, all players should receive a free name change.

Flag Post
Originally posted by troopdude:

I think everyone should receive two advanced relocators, not one. Lets say my main city is moved to a random location because of the same coordinates issue. That would mean that my two subcities are still stuck in their original position. But since I would like to keep my subcities and main city next to each other, I would need two advanced relocators to get them there.
And instead of adding the suffix S1/S2/S3 to the name of the player, all players should receive a free name change.

not true… you could easily just transport you main city to the nearest flatland near your subs. which there are probly many of. only takes one. also what if people like thier currant name and 2 people want the same name? easier just not to give them a choice.

Flag Post

If you play on 2 or more servers how will you switch between accounts? Will there be a button to switch between accounts or something?

Flag Post

hi guys, sorry that we have to postpone the previously scheduled Jan 2 merger, which means there will not be a merger on Jan 2. The new merger time will be posted in advance.

After the merger, the city seizure score will be modified:
1. All cities seized by the inactive characters (meeting the stated 3 requirements) will be released and the inactive characters’ score will be reset to zero.
2. Players will disown their seized cities of the inactive characters and their score will be deducted accordingly.
3. After completing the above two steps, all league city seizure score will be recalculated.

Thank you for your support and understanding!

@Nite_Prowler hi, I’m afraid you couldn’t switch between your accounts on new server.

Flag Post

may i ask what s1001 is?

Flag Post
Originally posted by ideachannel:

2. Players will disown their seized cities of the inactive characters and their score will be deducted accordingly.

Does this mean that we’ll lose seized cities if the owners are inactive ? If yes, what it will happen with troops levied and left there ?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Icomanser:
Originally posted by ideachannel:

Does this mean that we’ll lose seized cities if the owners are inactive ? If yes, what it will happen with troops levied and left there ?

i would think they would return to your city and yes your score will go down if the seized cities are deleted.

Flag Post

@nightmares111 s1001 was the new server which accidently appeared in the server list, but it’ll be reset during merging, so no worries.
@Icomanser Your troops and heroes will return to your main city, but don’t forget to check the level and capacity of your barrack so the returned troops won’t be dismissed.

Flag Post

guys, the server merger will take place at 16:00 Jan 3, 2013 (Server Time), it would last about one hour. During the merger, S1-S3 will be temporarily shut down, your patience and understanding are appreciated.

Flag Post

Dears, sorry we have to postpone the merger again. The merger will take place at 16:00 Jan 4, 2013 (Server Time). Thank you for your patience and understanding! :)

Flag Post

3. Mails without attachments and Battle reports will be deleted. – Apparently mails with attachments were deleted too… At least it was only 50mp.

Flag Post

I really wished this server merger never happened, with the complexity and just the newness of it all. What was the inspiration for the server merger?

Flag Post

@Hunter – A larger population to play with to prevent stagnancy?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Vandiego:

maybe but they could have picked a better time for it. they shouldnt have released s4 for one. people will just abandon the accounts on there now because their too low lv. also they should probly do something about the relics war. its quite hard for even lv 80s to get into the junior relics much less people 35+. theres just too many high lvs now.

Flag Post
Originally posted by nightmares111:

maybe but they could have picked a better time for it. they shouldnt have released s4 for one. people will just abandon the accounts on there now because their too low lv. also they should probly do something about the relics war. its quite hard for even lv 80s to get into the junior relics much less people 35+. theres just too many high lvs now.

Quite agreed, and those that aren’t dominate in the S1 server aren’t really happy because we’ve worked so hard to get to the top of our respective servers, and with the merger, all that work has pretty much been obliterated.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Hunter4544:
Originally posted by nightmares111:

Quite agreed, and those that aren’t dominate in the S1 server aren’t really happy because we’ve worked so hard to get to the top of our respective servers, and with the merger, all that work has pretty much been obliterated.

ya, someone who was once fearless of an attack is now being attacked 11 times in a single day… no exaggeration. they need to increase the size of the map and require dispaches to have a hero, that way we dont have someone taking 100 lv 70 people in a day… also, theres a score of new bugs that have popped up because of the update, and the once great leagues have fallen apart to join the new greater leagues, all the hard work and donations for nothing. They also need to extend the max upgrade on league tech, or add more techs, or both. bloodmoon has almost maxed all of its techs, and some of the techs are just piling up resources unable to upgrade further, and the same can be said with hero levels, since none of the heros can go above lv 100, the games gonna see a lot of loyal (and paying) players go away. if they want this to change their going to have to do a massive overhaul to the game.

Flag Post

actually the tech and lv problems we had before the merge and there are not alot of lv 100s so far. and the ones that are lv 100 are staying. also lv 100 takes around at least a month to get to. that and over is plenty of time to spend on one game. also you are a lv 69. you should be attacked to help you grow. the only reason why you werent attacked on s3 were because you had no real oppnents and actually more people to attack is one of the ups of this server. if you have no real enemoes the game quickly gets boring. a lv 70 ccan have over 120k in thier tents. fill them and you should be ok against the strongest opponents. also the reason you were attacked wasnt because of the merger. it was because you quit your leage and made yourself dislike in faction chat. i only attacked you 3 times and siezed your main. the other 8 attacks i imagine were robs from your former leage mates and maybe a few sieze attempts on your sub. neither could do much damage.