Forums Castlot

Decoding Mystic Buffs Of Faction Battle

9 posts

Flag Post

Have you noticed the newly added buffs in the Faction Battle? They could be very helpful. There are six buffs. Four of them on the left of the Buff menu can each be upgraded up to level 10, while the other two on the right can each be upgraded up to level 4.

Buff 1: can increase total Damage of the short-range troops (include spearmen and cavalry) by 5% upon each upgrade.

Buff 2: can increase Dodge rate of the short-range troops (include spearmen and cavalry) by 5% upon each upgrade.

Buff 3: can increase total Damage of the long-range troops (include archers and mages) by 5% upon each upgrade.

Buff 4: can increase Dodge rate of the long-range troops (include archers and mages) by 5% upon each upgrade.

Buff 5: can increase the power of your combined skill (Furycrit, Mist Siege, Heal of God or Call of Dragon) by 20% upon each upgrade.

Buff 6: can reduce the power of the enemy’s combined skill (Furycrit, Mist Siege, Heal of God or Call of Dragon) by 20% upon each upgrade.

How to activate these buffs? It’s very easy. You can use a small amount of Gold or Diamonds to activate the buffs, which is called Pray. Although the success rate of Pray is high, there is no guarantee that you will always successfully Prayed. Using Diamonds can get you a higher successful rate than using Gold.

Now you have known about the buffs. A better strategy would be to make the most of them each time you participate in the Faction Battle. Wish you the best of luck!

Flag Post

Were Buff 5 & 6 changed? Last week I couldn’t upgrade them any more once the first for hit level 10. Mine stopped at 3 & 1, before I received the “everything is maxed message.”

Flag Post

Just a suggestion to the admins. You could allow people to enter the faction battle from any of their lands. Not only would allow easier troop management but would allow you to spend the gold from any of your lands in the battle. If not an ability to transfer gold in between kingdoms would be great.

Flag Post

After testing all the Mystic Buffs and trying to see how it is applied, i found that there is a huge imbalance and i will explain you why:

The problem is mainly on buffs 5 and 6.

lets say that i have 0-4 vs a 2-2 (first being increase on ep and second reduction on ep).

if both CoDs have 200 ep and we are really balanced, the reduction will turn it into a really not balanced battles.

lets do maths: His Cod will dmg me for: 200*0.8= 160 => 200-160 = 40 *1.4 (he has 2 ep power increase) = 56.

And my Cod will dmg him for: 200*0.4= 80 => 200-80 => 120 (i have no ep power increase).

Now if we used HoG:

lets do the same as before, i have 0-4 vs a 2-2. 150*0.8 = 120. 150-120 = 30 * 1.4 = 42 (what he will heal). And i will heal 150*0.4 = 60 => 150-60 = 90. So he will heal 42 and me 90.

So if we Compare Battles, i will always have the adv in every type of battles.

CoD vs CoD, CoD vs HoG, HoG vs CoD and HoG vs HoG.

So, what we can see now is that while balanced battles between top players were mainly based on who attacked first and CoD lvl (ye, too boring) while trying to balance it, it turned into a not balanced battle.

Avg players who could do something vs top player, have no chance to win a Top player with that huge CoD reduction and when it comes to HoG battles, the top will always win (as HoG battles depend on attack/armor/cards).

In conclusion, while adding this reduction skill is really good and it makes top players not depend too much on CoD, the Gap between top and avg is longer, so i suggest you to max the lvl on ep Power to 2 and reduction to 2, like the other buffs. It will make top battles have CoD Nerfed (all battles will be a 168 ep CoD instead 200) and won’t make the gap between avg and top too long.

Hope i explained my opinion well!

Flag Post

The formula to calculate final damage is as follows:

x = your normal damage without buffs, the base damage, your base power
a = number of positive buffs
b = number of negative buffs
z = final damage

z = x * (1 +.2a – .2b – .04ab)

Negative buffs are buffs that decrease opponent war element power, buff 6. Positive buffs are buffs that increases your own power, buff 5.

At max positive buffs and max negative buffs applied on you by your opponent, your overall power will be below your base power. This means it is better to have negative buffs than it is to have positive buffs.

This perceived imbalance is no different between the HoG and CoD. If you have a maxed out HoG to heal your troops — a positive “buff” — while your opponent is killing off your troops with a maxed out CoD — a negative buff, you will suffer a net loss in troops. The maxed out CoD is stronger than a maxed out HoG, similar to a maxed out negative buff is stronger than a maxed out positive buff.

The net effect of making war element less of a factor in FvF is that it makes talent cards, scrolls, and hero quality more important. It is no longer possible to always kill off an opponent in five rounds every time simply because you have a maxed out CoD. I have seen crybabies complain about this change. Level 100s that were wiping the floor with level 80s are now losing because their talent cards, scrolls, or heroes were sub-par. They should be losing.

They can no longer hide behind a maxed out CoD — if their opponent has buffs. There have been more complaints from higher level players than lower level “average” players.

Other level 100s that already have excellent set of talent cards, powerful scrolls, and top notch heroes would be unaffected by the buffs — as long they use it themselves. They will continue to win.

Flag Post

@BossHogg88 thank you for pointing out the formula and explaining it so well :D

What i can’t understand is why a lvl 100 would complain vs a lvl 80, because if battles are not depending on talent wards, a lvl 100 will always have a lot better heroes (at least if he didn’t do it horrible untill level 100, which is really rare after 8 M prestige farming xD ), probably better cards, better dragon, better scrolls and better tech.

So, in my opinion, top players will have a huge advantatge now. Before, having a lot more attack/armor/stamina, scrolls and cards, if my team had a little less speed than my enemy (an enemy who focused on getting a lot speed) i would lose on CoD battles as you said. Now, only who is balanced with me has a chance to win me with better card strategy, formation or weather.

Anyway, if all this was expected to nerf Talent wars (or basically CoD) i already said that is really good. But then, i would fix the randomness of skill 5 and 6 because then, on battles between balanced top players, a 0(buff5) – 4(buff6) will break all the fun part and i think that a balance shouldn’t depend so much on luck.

Flag Post
Originally posted by kalsitu:

What i can’t understand is why a lvl 100 would complain vs a lvl 80, because if battles are not depending on talent wards, a lvl 100 will always have a lot better heroes (at least if he didn’t do it horrible untill level 100, which is really rare after 8 M prestige farming xD ), probably better cards, better dragon, better scrolls and better tech.

So, in my opinion, top players will have a huge advantatge now. Before, having a lot more attack/armor/stamina, scrolls and cards, if my team had a little less speed than my enemy (an enemy who focused on getting a lot speed) i would lose on CoD battles as you said. Now, only who is balanced with me has a chance to win me with better card strategy, formation or weather.

(…)

You are correct in every way. The higher level players do have a huge advantage over level 80s for every single reason you pointed out. However, that doesn’t stop them from crying.

That is because not every level 100 are created equal both game-wise and ethically.

They spent all of their gold on getting their CODs and HoGs to high level. So the #2 reason is they do this at expense of talent cards (and skill cards). So they have a weakness that they created themselves. This weakness can be exploited so they cry about it.

But at the very top — far, far far at the top — is that they don’t use the buffs themselves. The #1 reason is that they spent little on the buffs themselves. Sounds pretty idiotic, doesn’t it? They hardly use the buffs for themselves but yell foul when others max out their buffs. They had created a mismatch on their own and whine when they lose.

I also created mismatches (by having level 0 across the board) and I still win simply because of my talents, scrolls, and heroes. And if I find someone I can’t beat with the mismatch, I don’t repeatedly go after him/her to lose again and again and again. I avoid him. I don’t cry about it like some do.

Now as for randomness, this is no different from the random nature of weather or the random nature of getting the cards. And it almost stops being random if the level 100 player saves up about 4 million in gold in their main city prior to FvF and spends it on buffs to max them all out. (Lower level players, of course, spends less.) Want to avoid the luck factor, then max out all of the buffs.

Flag Post

I stand corrected. I finally max out my buffs. Apparently, you can’t max out both 5 and 6.

I recommend that players are able to max out both buff 5 and 6.

Flag Post

There has to be some randomness to it. If everyone could max out every buff we’d be back where we started. Just 4m gold in the hole. It’s just annoying that FvF has simply come down to who’s CoD goes off first. It used to be fun having to switch cards around every round when fighting against an opponent.