Castlot WatchTowers Function Improvement
Currently, the watchtowers do nothing more than to warn you of incoming attack.
I suggest that the watchtowers do more than that.
I suggest that Watchtowers locate NPC mercenary camps that the player can attack and destroy to obtain prestige, gold, and reward drops.
Mercenary camp rules:
1. The maximum level of mercenary camp is based on the player’s tower level, every 10 levels.
level 1 to 10, level 10 camp
level 11 to 20, level 20 camp
level 21 to 31, level 30 camp
level 81 to 90, level 90 camp
level 91 to 100, level 100 camp
2. The quantity of troops in the camp is based on camp level.
level 10, 10000 troops of each type
level 20, 20000 troops of each type
level 30, 30000 troops of each type
level 90, 90000 troops of each type
level 100, 100000 troops of each type
3. Similar to players, mercenary troops have heroes, talents, and war elements.
4. Similar to seizing cities, players can wear down the troops in the mercenary camps, even kill of troop types to knock out war elements.
5. Similar to players, troops in the mercenary camps can regenerate troops at a rate of 50% every 60 minutes up to its max. That is, it takes two hours to fully regenerate troop and it only takes 1 hour to regenerate the war element.
6. Levels 10, 30, 50, 70, and 90 mercenary camps use yellow Heal of God (HoG) as it war element while levels 20, 40, 60, 80, and 100 use yellow Call of the Dragon (CoG). The level of HoG and CoG follows the same pattern as above (e.g. a level 30 camp uses level 3 HoG war element, a level 100 camp uses level 10 CoG).
7. Mercenary camps use yellow talent thump cards. The level of thump cards follow the same pattern as above.
8. Players will receive prestige for killing off mercenary troops but at no point will the player receive negative prestige. The minimum is 0.
9. Players will receive one reward when killing off the mercenary camp. A camp is dead when all mercenary troops within that camp are gone.
a. 1 highest level random equipment for that level of camp (e.g. a level 90 camp yields one level 90 yellow equipment)
advanced gems (1 to 3) and jewels (3 to 5)
c. 1 green scroll (production, attack, defense, training, or ultimate)
10. There is a small gold reward for killing mercenaries based on the level of the camp. Gold is only rewarded when the camp is destroyed.
level 10, 40000 gold.
level 20, 80000 gold.
level 30, 120000 gold.
level 90, 360000 gold.
level 100, 400000 gold.
1. Watchtower finds new mercenary camps at 0800 hours server time every day.
2. The number of camps that the towers can locate each day is based on tower level, every 10 levels.
Level 1 to 10 — 1 camp
Level 11 to 20 — 2 camps
level 21 to 31 — 3 camps
level 81 to 90 — 9 camps
level 91 to 100 — 10 camps
3. The number of camps that the towers discover every day can accumulate.
4. Watchtower can keep track up to a maximum of 20 mercenary camps (similar to silver keys in explore). This is referred to as the “mercenary queue”. VIPs will have a higher cap.
For example, a level 82 tower finds 9 camps on day 1. The non-VIP player attacks and destroys 3 camps; thus, 6 remain in the mercenary queue. On Day 2, his level 82 tower finds another set of 9 camps for a total of 6 + 9 = 15 camps in the queue. He kills off 2 camps to drop the total to 13 camps. At day 3, the tower finds 7 camps, instead of 9, to bring the total to 13 + 7 = 20 camps (the cap).
5. The camps are unique to specific player. In other words, if player A’s watchtower finds a camp at location (3,3) then player A is the only player in the game that can attack and destroy that camp. Another player who just happened to attack location (3,3) will not find that mercenary camp.
6. The level of the mercenary camp found is random but the maximum level shall not exceed the player’s tower level (i.e. a level 41 tower can’t find a level 100 camp). For example, a level 55 tower can find 5 camps ranging in level from level 10 to level 50.
7. Mercenaries are always on the move. If a mercenary camp is in the mercenary queue for more than 7 days, then it is removed from the queue. This is to prevent a player from accumulating all level 100 camps he can’t beat for eternity.
8. The time to reach the camps is always 15 minutes (similar to Grail Hunting’s 30 minutes). Thus, the total turnaround time is 30 minutes plus battle time or about two camps per hour. It would take 5 hours to take out 10 camps using your main heroes, talents, and war element.