RoS the Movie page 7

245 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by weaver214:

But what part in the movie is the charecters going to be in da beggining of da movie?the main dock?the barracks?

Good question. The aeronaut might be on the main dock, looks at the time on his pocket watch, and rushes to a passing person and tries to sell him(unsuccessfully) a small gadget.(He’s bankrupt and needs money, so he tries to sell inventions made by himself and his friends) I don’t know about the others, though.

Flag Post

Maybe the crag is on the ground swinging as fast as he out of there could because the haze filter thingy just broke.

Flag Post

but all the places we need for background might not be on the same spot where ever we are filming,we might need money for transportation,if we can’t we either need a cheap green screen or we have to animate it.(I’ll be sad as ever if it’s animated)

Flag Post

Honestly, I don’t think anyone has the money or time to create a movie based on a flash game. It would be cool to have a RoS movie, but lets be reasonable…

Flag Post

Alas, this is true.

Flag Post

lol we have seven pages and we didnt even make a beggining.

Flag Post

No really… Every time I have tried getting people to JUST decide what area they want to focus on, they launch off on some random tangent. If we can decide the major things 1st, we could work our way to the plot, however it looks like too many people that are interested in discussing the movie are majorly ADHD.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Electro263440:

however it looks like too many people that are interested in discussing the movie are majorly ADHD.

Actually, I think it’s ADD, not ADH… there’s a cockroach running across my floor.

Flag Post

Indeed, good point, now if only we could concentrate enough to- OMG A housefly!

Flag Post

Ok,first of all,we need to make what’s happening to the 3 main charecters in the beggining.

Flag Post

YES, We should work with that before branching into miscellanea.
HOWEVER, because we have to start somewhere, WHICH chapter should we start out in?
We need to determine this so we can A: choose what types of sets to make, B: what kind of props/costumes to make and C: what sort of secondary/ancillary characters to begin writing script for.

So… for the LAST time: Steamport City, :Hatchwood Wilds, or Ridgeback Highlands, which one to start with?
Assume that Nideria will be included.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Electro263440:

YES, We should work with that before branching into miscellanea.
HOWEVER, because we have to start somewhere, WHICH chapter should we start out in?
We need to determine this so we can A: choose what types of sets to make, B: what kind of props/costumes to make and C: what sort of secondary/ancillary characters to begin writing script for.

So… for the LAST time: Steamport City, :Hatchwood Wilds, or Ridgeback Highlands, which one to start with?
Assume that Nideria will be included.

Ridgeback Highlands. It not only looks good, but has the fiercest mimics, which sell more tickets.

Flag Post

Alright, as I see it, we cannot agree on anything here. I myself have a few ideas, probably cliche, but I think it will work.

1-Plot
Aeronaut, Ferric, and Crag of varied genders get sent on a simple training mission in Hatchwood wilds. they find a humanoid mimic and trace it to where it was gathering supplies, and discover that the Skystone was a prison for the mimic predecessors.
Or
Meely and the higher ups discover that mimics are moving supplies to the skystone wreckage, and disperse their best team, two experienced, 1 non, the new is male, one of the experienced is female, was in love with newb’s predecessor, they fall in love. Anyway, the mimics are bringing supplies to the wreckage because, again, it was a prison for an evil entity set on conquering the world.

In both, they report this discovery to Nidaria, and are told to try and stop it. They succeed, but the leader of the mimics escapes, leaving door open for sequels or a show.

To the tech problems

Aero Cannons- A large funnel, some ducts, and a metal backpack, with some dry ice, can be rigged to shoot steam/smoke.

Ferric Beaks- A metalworker can make roughly triangular spear heads, perfect for tying onto arms for beaks.

Crag Grapples- We would have to do it where you do not need to lose an arm for it, but instead can wear some arm braces, and a launcher on your fore-arm, possible to do with some medical braces, and maybe a dartgun, or an air cannon, with the air tank higher up near the shoulder.

Etherite generators are extremely simple- a glowing LED in a small tube, or a low voltage neon tube.

The Mimics- Best I can come up with here is a puppet for “real life”, or a CGI version of say, a pigeon, where you replace the wings with fly wings, and cover it in a purple mold.

for the larger, like the swampfoot, a greengourd mask, and a leafy suit. for the Nidaria Mimics, similar costumes to the Nidarians, covered in purple mold, with like the hard metal bones be callus-like, protuding bone, or vegetation.

Flag Post

godammit… THIS is what I mean… All we need to do is start from the ground up, but NOOOOO… hafta keep getting side-tract….

Flag Post

Okay. The starting point is setting, right?
Nidaria/Ridgeback
Next?

Flag Post

Sorry, trying to help, I’ll shut up unless I have relevant.

Flag Post

I have an idea!

How about that one character is infected by haze?

Flag Post

And a 4th class,it can launch rockets and laser,it should be an humandroid or something like that.

Flag Post
Originally posted by magmadenss:

And a 4th class,it can launch rockets and laser,it should be an humandroid or something like that.

dude, no offense, but you just got completly out the theme, its a STEAMPUNK game, lasers and missiles are out of question

Flag Post

I think the best way to do this movie would be live action, but with animation over it. As in A Scanner Darkly . That way you would have all the benifits of real actors, with out having to make cheesy props. And the mimics would be a lot easier.

Flag Post

Or i have readed about a unknown class called electroneer.

Flag Post

Magmadness, you are obviously new to the game, & this thread
A: Haze is not infectious
B: Wow… you idiot… lasers & rpgs don’t go in a steamunk game
C: Electroneer class is not unknown, as there are many references of them in-game
D: I quit, idiots like you keep detracting from actual discussion

Flag Post

i will try to take the place of electro to the best of my ability

Flag Post

Sorry, but I already have a twin, he is my arch-nemesis, & it doesn’t look like I will need a replacement twin anytime soon as me & my twin are currently in a stalemate in an intellectual battle.

Flag Post

thats very sophisticated