RoS the Movie page 9

245 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by Gam3P1ay:

One thing. Riverfang. Dun dun dunnn.

 
Flag Post

Ok a movie Pitch… here i go…

“The world…. is left in chaos… creatures from this unknown race appear and stole what was ours… We sent our strongest heroes to retrieve fragments of the Skystone… we reclaimed… almost every single piece… one last piece is needed… the key to solve every single problem we have… the key will bring back to us, what was once ours”

The story speaks of a Scientist that found the location of the last piece, within an ancient temple in the far reaches of the Burning Haze Desert… He was able to hire two mercenaries and a squad.

The mercenaries are a male ferric and a female crag mechanic and a group of aeros (like the ones in Steamport City).

They will adventure into the temple, filled with secrets and traps and face theyre worst nightmares (Ferric/aero/Crag Mimic Bosses), and togheter will fight for the very existence of our world.

5 Acts. The first one will be the scientist searching and finding the location of the last fragment/ key, and requesting a team from the command, and hiring the mercenary team, from the “best of the best”;

Second Act is going trough desert, cracking some jokes, knowing the characters more and finding the temple (pyramid like);

Third Act is inside the temple, stuff happens, part of the squad dies, one of the aeros from the squad lives, and goes with the scientist, the female crag and the male ferric.

Fourth Act, massive battle in the lowest floor of the pyramid (it was buried underneath the sands), scientist gets somehow infected and becomes epic boss but dies trough ferric sacrifice, The male aero and female crag get the last fragment, and get it to the city in hopes of Saving the world.

Fifth and last Act, the scientist mutant is not really dead and gets a mimic group to attack our adventurers in the city, stealing the last fragment to unknown origins. The people in the city gets to hold the invasion and save the city having a last epic moment has the aero character sacrifices himself to kill the scientist mutant in a epic “flames of glory” kind of blast saving the female crag.

We now know remotly to the wereabouts of the last fragment trough studies of the species killed in the invasion (theyre fisionomology tells the people in the cityy, that those mimics came from a dorment volcano deep within the eastern glaciers- a ice based backgroud).

A sequel is at hand. Oh and the female crag… she was pregnant from the male aero… somewhere in theyre adventure they have sex… problably in act 2 (she couldv liked him and they couldv had a moment there), or when they reached the city (the attack was the day after).

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by TitanAtlas:

Ok a movie Pitch… here i go…

“The world…. is left in chaos… creatures from this unknown race appear and stole what was ours… We sent our strongest heroes to retrieve fragments of the Skystone… we reclaimed… almost every single piece… one last piece is needed… the key to solve every single problem we have… the key will bring back to us, what was once ours”

The story speaks of a Scientist that found the location of the last piece, within an ancient temple in the far reaches of the Burning Haze Desert… He was able to hire two mercenaries and a squad.

The mercenaries are a male ferric and a female crag mechanic and a group of aeros (like the ones in Steamport City).

They will adventure into the temple, filled with secrets and traps and face theyre worst nightmares (Ferric/aero/Crag Mimic Bosses), and togheter will fight for the very existence of our world.

5 Acts. The first one will be the scientist searching and finding the location of the last fragment/ key, and requesting a team from the command, and hiring the mercenary team, from the “best of the best”;

Second Act is going trough desert, cracking some jokes, knowing the characters more and finding the temple (pyramid like);

Third Act is inside the temple, stuff happens, part of the squad dies, one of the aeros from the squad lives, and goes with the scientist, the female crag and the male ferric.

Fourth Act, massive battle in the lowest floor of the pyramid (it was buried underneath the sands), scientist gets somehow infected and becomes epic boss but dies trough ferric sacrifice, The male aero and female crag get the last fragment, and get it to the city in hopes of Saving the world.

Fifth and last Act, the scientist mutant is not really dead and gets a mimic group to attack our adventurers in the city, stealing the last fragment to unknown origins. The people in the city gets to hold the invasion and save the city having a last epic moment has the aero character sacrifices himself to kill the scientist mutant in a epic “flames of glory” kind of blast saving the female crag.

We now know remotly to the wereabouts of the last fragment trough studies of the species killed in the invasion (theyre fisionomology tells the people in the cityy, that those mimics came from a dorment volcano deep within the eastern glaciers- a ice based backgroud).

A sequel is at hand. Oh and the female crag… she was pregnant from the male aero… somewhere in theyre adventure they have sex… problably in act 2 (she couldv liked him and they couldv had a moment there), or when they reached the city (the attack was the day after).

You call this a story? I hate it! >:( 1. It’s not very interesting. 2. The last piece of the skystone? There are probably hundreds out there, and we’ve only gotten 3 so far. 3. Humans cannot be infected by haze, but mimics evolve to resemble the creatures that lived in the area. 4. It’s going to be a clean film; that is, mild violence, no/mild bad language, and certainly no sex. 5. I want to be in it, and no way am I going to die! I want to be around for the sequel.

 
Flag Post

So Zorro327 i heard u liek mudkipz….

Well twas an idea and i was bored so TADAAAAA movie pitch… Y U NO LIKE MOVIE PITCH? Not enough sex?

Even tough i still wish for a Glacier Region with a volcano in it and a desert with a pyramid temple in it…

 
Flag Post

TitanAtlas i think ur movie pitch is awesome

 
Flag Post

OK I Agree with Zorro on all but one thing here; violence.

Like it or not, there will be violence, explosions, the occasional expletive, though I certainly hope there will not be any sex scenes in an RoS movie. It’s called catering to your audience, this game wasn’t designed with little kids in mind, in fact, there are many adult players in RoS. So what kind of movie is going to spike more interest in RoS’s primary target audience, a completely nonviolent & verbally clean movie, or a thriller with a couple of explosions, fight scenes & expletives?

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by Electro263440:

OK I Agree with Zorro on all but one thing here; violence.

Like it or not, there will be violence, explosions, the occasional expletive, though I certainly hope there will not be any sex scenes in an RoS movie. It’s called catering to your audience, this game wasn’t designed with little kids in mind, in fact, there are many adult players in RoS. So what kind of movie is going to spike more interest in RoS’s primary target audience, a completely nonviolent & verbally clean movie, or a thriller with a couple of explosions, fight scenes & expletives?

I don’t mind the violence too much, but I do hope there won’t be any expletives worse than “damn” or “hell”.

 
Flag Post

How is it going guys?
I have read this tread before and can’t wait!
Tell me if there will be a trailer ;-)

 
Flag Post

And you!
I got a nice idea!
What if they need to do a last impossebil sacrifise!
Crash Nidaria into the last pice or the stone!
Overpower all the Eather-burners, making it a bomb, and crash-cursing it into it’s final target!
Every Aero will helf the other classes seek into the Ferric-forest-camp.
THere they will be attacked wave after wave of mimics!
A BATTLE AGAINST TIME!
Will they manage to keep the mimics off, destroy the stone and clear the haze?

 
Flag Post

I’m back bitches.(My P.C. had viruses and crashed)

 
Flag Post

This movie will proboly end up being a P.G. 13..

 
Flag Post

and a few explosion wold be nice

 
Flag Post

Ok this is my idea, Many years ago a rook was helping hold the steamport city from the mimics when he stumbled across a scripture wis working to help when he read it said “There will be one that will restore peace” so years after that a young aeronaut was chosen to bring peace between the classes and help bring everone together and with all the classes helping each other. they make a plan to seal off all the haze and mimics into a large tomb off in steamport city while sending all the rooks in by big (I mean BIG) airships to the check point.

but this is just my oppinion ;)

 
Flag Post

Here is my suggestion:
Let this thread die…

 
Flag Post

I WISH this thread would live, but with everyone talking about what the movie will be like without discussing how to actually film/animate it, it will die a painful death…

 
Flag Post

Meh, I have tried to direct conversation to that to no avail, some idiot always has to say “but what if we did this plot instead!?!?!” & derail the whole thing, If someone besides me & Machomann6 wants to seriously discus the logistics of making an RoS movie, then I would be glad to.

Now then, for those new to this thread, I do not want, nor does anyone here at all give a rip about your idiotic plots. Be realistic, this is a fanfic film, it will be low budget, and be maybe 5-10-minutes long given the aforementioned small budget.

 
Flag Post

I have read this whole thread and it is going to be impossible to actually get on with this unless:
We need an admin to delete all posts involving lasers and plot changes and Haze infections and evil twins For this I suggest someone with electro’s mindset.

Also I was actually thinking of a controller mimic that doesn’t speak but uses phoromones and things like that to direct the mimics not control them.

also I think that we should leve the characters as aero = cowardish ferric = head strong or what ever crag = strong, silent type because I have counted severel posts saying this.

It should be set in all the areas electro so it is like the game.

also pg-13 is good why do we need sex or character constantly going “f*** you” or “AHH S***” damn is okay.

Don’t ask me how to make it but I have a friend who might help though he is probably busy on the game we’re making.

The beggining is the only plot we need at the moment and I think the common “They meet one by one start with the areo” is the one we should stick with.

EDIT: Done zorro I just did that somesomeone would read it and not skip it.

 
Flag Post

You do have a good point. Unfortunately, I wish you would censor your post.

 
Flag Post

Sporelord, Yes I know they should all be cast, however, I have to ask one thing: what is the budget for this movie?
Unless you can pay for the busing of actors, props and equipment between a forest, a canyon, and an abandoned city, then we will have to stick with ONE of the main areas for now. If someone can cough up that kind of money however… then I would be fine for the writing of a script involving multiple areas.

However, for the time being assume we are stuck with: one of the three major areas, not all three, this in addition to the ability to access a set to film the parts in Nideria.

Now then, assuming that we will have a small crew/cast (less than 20 people, again for budget reasons) along with a low budget for special effects (unless a wicked good graphic design company takes pity on this underfunded fanfic movie based on a relatively unknown game), and finally assuming that this particular fanfic video will be under half an hour long (again, unless we can get a good budget and some special effects engineers). WHERE should it take place? HOW are we gonna make mimics? (don’t just say “greenscreen” unless you can & actually have done greenscreening in the past) And how should certain props be made? (eg steamcuffs, either circuits, Nidaria & airships, ect…)

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by Electro263440:

Sporelord, Yes I know they should all be cast, however, I have to ask one thing: what is the budget for this movie?
Unless you can pay for the busing of actors, props and equipment between a forest, a canyon, and an abandoned city, then we will have to stick with ONE of the main areas for now. If someone can cough up that kind of money however… then I would be fine for the writing of a script involving multiple areas.

However, for the time being assume we are stuck with: one of the three major areas, not all three, this in addition to the ability to access a set to film the parts in Nideria.

Now then, assuming that we will have a small crew/cast (less than 20 people, again for budget reasons) along with a low budget for special effects (unless a wicked good graphic design company takes pity on this underfunded fanfic movie based on a relatively unknown game), and finally assuming that this particular fanfic video will be under half an hour long (again, unless we can get a good budget and some special effects engineers). WHERE should it take place? HOW are we gonna make mimics? (don’t just say “greenscreen” unless you can & actually have done greenscreening in the past) And how should certain props be made? (eg steamcuffs, either circuits, Nidaria & airships, ect…)

Please don’t ask me I can’t really help but my friend has Kick-ass skills in all animations so he can probalbly make the mimics. His youtube name is Oeloel2.
He might also be able to do some greenscreens. All so why do we need it to be real pople why not animation. Send it to the koreans (joke). I am serious on the animation though.

 
Flag Post

Whilst you may hold your friend’s animation skills in high regard, they are not proficient enough for the production of a movie, as using green-screened in cartoons is not the best idea…
What I deem to be good special effects are demonstrated in these two videos…
A Fallout fan-made Movie
A Half-Life Fan made movie
Notice how in the Fallout fanfic that there were almost NO digital special effects, it is just a very cleverly designed set, along with some well-designed props.
In the Half Life video, the special effects are more noticeable, such as the holographic map, and the glowing grenade.
Both of these videos required absolutely NO greenscrenning, save for the beginning part of the fallout video. This is just a quick demonstration of what can be achieved using mostly good set design instead of digital effects

 
Flag Post

Please stop calling it greenscreen…
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chroma_key

There is ZERO-POINT-ZERO of this project ever being made.
The game has been abandoned, and Oeloel2 has nowhere near the skill-set required to pull off said work.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by MakingBoost:

Please stop calling it greenscreen…
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chroma_key

There is ZERO-POINT-ZERO of this project ever being made.
The game has been abandoned, and Oeloel2 has nowhere near the skill-set required to pull off said work.

have you ever seen his work?
and you mean zero percent…

 
Flag Post

This thread CANNOT die! (I would write a storyline of this movie but i cant think of one,sorry)

 
Flag Post

Okay, so it starts out with 4 characters, 1st one: A female Aero (a rather mean rookie rook who is nice at times) who is trying to sell Steam Inventions made for other classes (Ex: Steam Beaks: Pushes out steam with every slash and will give you a boost when jumping off a wall wall or ceiling) so the ferric (Nice guy, Spiritual warrior and very popular) comes, he buys steam beaks, and then he heads back to his float where he meets his new bunk mate (more people came to Nidaria so there are less floats) who is a crag (Nice guy, rather curious and likes inventions), they get to know each other, then the crag sees his beaks and ask’s about them, Then the ferric tells him. The crag later goes to find the Aero, only to find all flying mimics attacking the city of Nidaria, so he calls the ferric, and they find a bunch of rooks attacking the mimics, and then the co-op barracks fall to the ground with a bunch of new recruits, so the rooks go and they actually go and lift the barracks up and have other people throw them ropes, and then rooks tie them selves to the ropes and put their steam packs on it and it stays up for a few minutes, the mimics leave, they get ether balloons on the barracks just in time, and the steam packs run out of steam. Later that week the Previously mentions “heros” get sent on a mission to guard an ether generator in west end ruins. With the Ferric and crag being best friends they are talking, while the aero feels left out and then the ferric recognizes her and he tells the crag about her inventions, but then after a few hours a bug clump of haze that is very goop like attacks the generator, and its destroyed they fight back but then all of the ether generators in the ruins and in gealock (its in steamport city) so they flee to the sewers and find a haze generator made from parts of ether generators, the generator is not running yet but in a weeks time it would be, and a bunch of Human like mimics are building it. But they venture deeper into the sewers and find a strange artifact built from the remnants of the skystone, called the Haze Stone, one of the humimics (my name for the human like mimics) sees them and the three are captured, they they then only have a one armed crag with no launcher just a bunch of hooks hanging at his belt, a ferric with only tribal blades, and perhaps the most useful, an aero with a bunch of steam inventions, including a steam sword , break free and they have to fight hundreds of humimics, using only what they have, when all of the sudden the humimics are electricuted and fall down and then a big purple explosion comes and it clears and they see a female electoneer, but then the Haze generator activates, and the skystone remnants in nidaria fly right through everything and finish the Haze Stone which then sends off haze so strong you will only be able to survive1 minute 30 seconds will kill you if you have gas masks on(wich aero happened to have) so the all put gasmasks on, and they get above ground and an airship gets them, then they see that Nidaria is being pulled by a bunch of airships, and then they actually drop the boiler room on the haze stone, which releases alot of Humimics, they then fight it off and only an eight of what they left with is still alive and only they main deck of nidaria survives, they find a currently non haze infested area and stay there. The End.