Debate: Top 10 hardest mimics.

32 posts

Flag Post

Just thought I would make this thread so that people could debate about what are their top 10 hardest mimics to fight, for a certain class.

Lists go from #1 (hardest) to #10 (easiest-hard mimic)

Just keep in mind that this list must only be non NG mimics, since many people aren’t NG and don’t know what the NG mimics are like.

I’m an Aero, and my top ten would be:

1. Crawback:
    I still have a bit of trouble with these mimics, I get hit here and there because they’re a bit difficult to evade.
  2. Black Recluse:
    A bit annoying to hit, then dodge the spit that comes at you.
  3. Clampbright:
    Taking away NG abilities, this mimic is not so difficult but very annoying because of how long it takes to kill, and the fact that you have to be extremely close to hit it for max damage.
  4. Batowl:
    Unless you have a good weapon, one miss and the batowl goes flying. Gets annoying sometimes when farming, and also you have to be really close to it.
  5. Hazegrub:
    Really annoying mimic, like the cactigrub except worse. Hitting it from far away helps not get hit, but takes a while.
  6. Pale Steed:
    In later levels, it’s a tank. Not a good thing for non NG’s. That and you have to hit it from further away to avoid getting hit.
  7. Shocksprite:
    Another example of a late level tank. But fairly easy to hit and easy to dodge the shocks.
  8. Stinkbird:
    Leaves a trail of haze behind it, unless you’re in front of it, it’s kinda difficult to get good damage on this mimic. Then when it passes over you and turns the other way… you have a problem.
  9. Hivehats/Pidgebees
    The pidgebees are incredibly annoying, they bring Aeros down in mid-air when you try to get away. And they respawn. And when the hivehat becomes a tank, they can be a bit annoying. Also, they can respawn even when the hivehat is dead.
  10. Catlick
    Fairly annoying since in some cases you have to stay far away from a catlick so you can hit them without getting hit. But other than that, they aren’t much of a tank.

Also, I didn’t put swampfoot on there for a good reason. They’re easy.

So, that’s my list. DEBATE!

Flag Post
Originally posted by Adrokila:

Also, I didn’t put swampfoot on there for a good reason. They’re easy.

lol….

cant really be bothered to think of ten… but top 3 for me (as a ferric if it matters)
would be:

1) crescentwolves… no idea why i hate them so much, i just do… they seem to take forever to farm, and are ugleh :3
2) crawback too much hp at level 4, and they have a lot of damage, and get ‘lucky hits’ fairly often…
3) haghosts always placed in annoying places, lots of hp, most annoying effect when hit… and they fire those stupid hagworms everywhere

If we’re not couting NG mimics, then i suppose stingers… for whatever reason, if i dont kill them before they dive, i seem unable to hit them D:

EDIT: those arent in order… they all equally annoy me :3

Flag Post

Well, someone didn’t obviously read the top bit properly and put in an NG mimic anyway ;)

But haghosts are really annoying… high HP and they can spawn things to throw, not very nice.

Flag Post

Crawbacks are actually not that hard to kill without getting hurt, let me tell you how:

Aeronaut Stratedgy: Fire once and fly over to the other side of it and fire again and fly off, repeat.
Ferric Stratedgy: Jump up high onto a wall and dive-bomb it and get back on to the wall, repeat.
Crag Stratedgy: Jump and swing into it and run off to the other side, repeat.
Ferric/Crag Wall Stratedgy: Get onto a wall and just keep hitting it, only works for Ferrics if you are above it, for Crags it works even if it’s on a ledge and you are below it.

Flag Post
Originally posted by maltar_draco:

Crawbacks are actually not that hard to kill without getting hurt, let me tell you how:

Aeronaut Stratedgy: Fire once and fly over to the other side of it and fire again and fly off, repeat.
Ferric Stratedgy: Jump up high onto a wall and dive-bomb it and get back on to the wall, repeat.
Crag Stratedgy: Jump and swing into it and run off to the other side, repeat.
Ferric/Crag Wall Stratedgy: Get onto a wall and just keep hitting it, only works for Ferrics if you are above it, for Crags it works even if it’s on a ledge and you are below it.

dont mean to sound like a jerk…
but i already know all of this…
its just i mess it up fairly often… although, dont bother killing them much now i have gold ;)#

EDIT: wrong account posting ftw. (Lt here ofc)

Flag Post

1. Swampfoot/Bruinscale
2. Black Recluse
3. Cresentwoolves
4. Stinkstrider
5. Stinger
6. Crawback
7. Snapshell
8. Hazegrub
9. Cactigrub
10. Mimitaur

Flag Post

Swampfeet/Bruinscales/Trenchfeet are the easiest ever! Just attack and run through to dodge.

Flag Post

Those damn hazebugs. Yes, I mean hazebugs.

Flag Post

I mess up with crawbacks a lot, then often hit me in mid air or I fail to hit them at all. By the way abb, stingers aren’t really that bad if you can just hit it diagonally a lot.

Flag Post

Not hazeBUG hazeGRUB!

Flag Post

Abb, I think plok was joking around.

Flag Post

Hazegrubs are nasty though.

Flag Post

They’re nasty to ferrics and maybe crags, but Aeros can handle them easily. Depends on the class.

Flag Post

FLIES D:

Flag Post

^nub

Also flies are kinda bad when you don’t expect them.

Flag Post

For cresentwolves, all you have to do is crouch and then repeatedly hit the attack button.

Flag Post
Originally posted by doomsdaythe4th:

For cresentwolves, all you have to do is crouch and then repeatedly hit the attack button.

An pray for dodge Gods to save your soul from hits.

Flag Post

The Crescentwolf attack is an intervaled attack, about 4 seconds before the next attack.

Flag Post

i listed cwolves mostly because they are boring to farm, rather than the difficulty…
but meh :3

Flag Post

The hardest mimic is definitely Haghost.

-Tpc2000

Flag Post

Catlicks riding a mosquito.They can lick you while you can’t stab them with a your beak[I TALK FERRICSPEAK!]

Aaaaaaanyways,back to topic.Catlicks.Always shooting me with their tongues and also trying to lick my skin away.Annoyingly right when i’m about to heal and kill me.For some reason they also follow me around and try to lick me and hit me on the butt .________________. .Spankin catlicks are never nice.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Smokescreem:

Catlicks riding a mosquito.They can lick you while you can’t stab them with a your beak[I TALK FERRICSPEAK!]

Aaaaaaanyways,back to topic.Catlicks.Always shooting me with their tongues and also trying to lick my skin away.Annoyingly right when i’m about to heal and kill me.For some reason they also follow me around and try to lick me and hit me on the butt .________________. .Spankin catlicks are never nice.

I find catlicks easy with ferric: divebomb. they have a degree limit to where to stretch their tongue.

Flag Post
Originally posted by toughguy:
Originally posted by Smokescreem:

I find catlicks easy with ferric: divebomb. they have a degree limit to where to stretch their tongue.

Good point but most of the time they always seem to be in places where you have to kill it to proceed.They also have an annoying habit of hitting me when i’m about to jump.

Flag Post

1.Crawback
2.Electrawog(The ones in the river.When they hit you you are tossed away to the river)
3.Spitshot
4.Pidgebees
5.Hackworm
6.Black Recluse
7.Stinkstrider
8.Catlick
9.Hookbill
10.Swampfoot

Flag Post
Originally posted by myskybluecap:

1.Crawback
2.Electrawog(The ones in the river.When they hit you you are tossed away to the river)
3.Spitshot
4.Pidgebees
5.Hackworm
6.Black Recluse
7.Stinkstrider
8.Catlick
9.Hookbill
10.Swampfoot

what is your class?