Reason the game is dying

26 posts

Flag Post

In my opinion the reason its dying is people noticed that you can buy power. That is always a bad thing to put into a game. You shouldn’t be able to buy strength of your character. All successful MMO’s only sell things that are purely asthetic. New clothing, different looks. Buying skill trees? never. Buying points that will make your character better then others? Never.

Flag Post

I hope you know that Flip needs money too. He can’t just make everything free.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Lusien:

In my opinion the reason its dying is people noticed that you can buy power. That is always a bad thing to put into a game. You shouldn’t be able to buy strength of your character. All successful MMO’s only sell things that are purely asthetic. New clothing, different looks. Buying skill trees? never. Buying points that will make your character better then others? Never.

Cool. They’ll just reverse it and give everyone refunds.

Flag Post

Hahaha. You used dying, which is present tense, rather than the correct past tense (“the game is dead”)

Anyways, Nidarian Circuits require a massive time investment to reap significant reward, and having a premium option is commonplace. Weapons were added as the community was withering, though they had been long requested. No, the game did not die because it offers a premium option/in game currency like almost every other multiplayer game, but due to a lack of new content.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Teh_Anonymous:

Hahaha. You used dying, which is present tense, rather than the correct past tense (“the game is dead”)

Anyways, Nidarian Circuits require a massive time investment to reap significant reward, and having a premium option is commonplace. Weapons were added as the community was withering, though they had been long requested. No, the game did not die because it offers a premium option/in game currency like almost every other multiplayer game, but due to a lack of new content.

???uh….the weapon is expensive and mastery 2 and 3 weapons are brass not spore….not even 50% of them.

Flag Post

???uh….the weapon is expensive and mastery 2 and 3 weapons are brass not spore….not even 50% of them.

The spore weapons aren’t expensive, you people just don’t have the patience to really play the game to get those spores. Also, as I stated previously, Flip needs money too. He can’t make everything free, he’d earn no money that way. Be happy that he made at least level 1 weapons free.

Flag Post

at least make 50% of them is spore not about 25-30% of them.
and for spore things, im patience enough to save up for the best weapon of mastery 1, after that i can’t because all are brass.

Flag Post

It is possible to get lvl 2 and lvl 3 weapons without being NG, trust me. And it is also possible for double non-NG teams to win co-op awards. Unfortunately, lots of players seem to use the fact that they aren’t NG as a mere excuse for not being patient enough to achieve anything (or not being able to achieve it at all)… they blame the membership option and quit the game instead of accepting the challenge.

Flag Post
Originally posted by vrdn22:

It is possible to get lvl 2 and lvl 3 weapons without being NG, trust me. And it is also possible for double non-NG teams to win co-op awards. Unfortunately, lots of players seem to use the fact that they aren’t NG as a mere excuse for not being patient enough to achieve anything (or not being able to achieve it at all)… they blame the membership option and quit the game instead of accepting the challenge.

Your right chaleenges are part of being a gamer,and a part of life.You can whine about,but that doesn’t help.

Flag Post

Meh you can earn Kreds easy. I got all my stuff on this game for $0.00! Yeah, free.

Flag Post
Originally posted by theslayer99:

Meh you can earn Kreds easy. I got all my stuff on this game for $0.00! Yeah, free.

Not everyone have free offers, and even less people have free offers which really work.

Flag Post

I’m gonna be straight up honest right now, even though it’s way too late….if they had just done a one off, lifetime sub cost at the rate of a normal small time game (like say, 20 bucks) and then stacked the store on top of that, they might have done way better than asking people to pay a continuous fee instead.

The main goal was to attract as many paying individuals, and then present them with what appears to be an entirely reasonable choice, rather than one they have the capacity to regret later, like an ongoing subscription to a game that they don’t feel like they should be committed to in order to recover their investment.

Secondly, because it is no cost to them to sell product past the initial creation of the items, everything should have just been priced way, way lower. Given the way interior design works in these games, if the player felt like they had enormous potential and endless options in furniture, or clothing, they are much more willing to spend more, or at the very least, at all.

That point I had made clear from the start though, and they didn’t even try. It breaks my heart to see such potential wasted.

Flag Post

I feel almost alone, the only person to see this is vrdn: The reason for the game to die/to become dying/is dead/etc. is NOT the inaccessibility of weapons and other stuff. It’s the fact that the game does’nt receive any attention from Flipline studios, the kreds play a role in making the game die a bit, its hard to actually make a balance system that involves getting money safely without ruining the game. Lots of players leave this game because they’ve done a lot, Sure there’s new coop every week, but when’s the LAST time flipline actually updated the game itself? The last time the game was updated, everyone was really excited. But all they got was more ways to spend money: Furniture. And when was that? That was in 2008! FOUR YEARS AGO! The game stopped updating. Try to look at other games in general, The ones which are good and recieve more content+bugfixes get high positive feedback. All this dying/dead stuff, is all because of lack of updates. <I can’t use the originally posted thing for some reason, I keep making it look weird when it doesn’t work>

Flag Post
Originally posted by adam070898:

I feel almost alone, the only person to see this is vrdn: The reason for the game to die/to become dying/is dead/etc. is NOT the inaccessibility of weapons and other stuff. It’s the fact that the game does’nt receive any attention from Flipline studios, the kreds play a role in making the game die a bit, its hard to actually make a balance system that involves getting money safely without ruining the game. Lots of players leave this game because they’ve done a lot, Sure there’s new coop every week, but when’s the LAST time flipline actually updated the game itself? The last time the game was updated, everyone was really excited. But all they got was more ways to spend money: Furniture. And when was that? That was in 2008! FOUR YEARS AGO! The game stopped updating. Try to look at other games in general, The ones which are good and recieve more content+bugfixes get high positive feedback. All this dying/dead stuff, is all because of lack of updates. <I can’t use the originally posted thing for some reason, I keep making it look weird when it doesn’t work>

vrdn isn’t a person.

Flag Post
Originally posted by plokkey:
Originally posted by adam070898:

vrdn isn’t a person.

Flag Post

lower weapons to 1k each (R1) → watch hoards of nubs run back in for a week.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Hedgehog101:

lower weapons to 1k each (R1) → watch hoards of nubs run back in for a week.

And then they realize that +4att +3 luck +1def isn’t noticeable.

Flag Post

Guys…FIrst for the price of the weapons…there’s like not enough to put them low price.
Ok,I play an hour,I get a new weapon.I play a day,I got all weapon exept the brass one.
that would be…bad.
the reason why flip isn’t updating this game is that because at the start all/most of the profit was supposed to go to kongregate…or something like that.
:/
So he stopped working on it and chose to do these papa’s shitteria.

Flag Post

Not everyone have free offers, and even less people have free offers which really work. Amen to that. :D

Flag Post

A single brass coin a day would make the game have 10% more people a day. Not much but it would help.

Flag Post

and for god sake… make watering cans hold more water. There is so few people that planting is not worth it now.

Flag Post

Matt and Tony (Game creators) said that RoS is over on Flipline Forum.

Flag Post
Originally posted by jooe15:

and for god sake… make watering cans hold more water. There is so few people that planting is not worth it now.

What does planting have to do with people?

Flag Post
Originally posted by jooe15:

Watering cans can be purchased at 625 brass per can. That’s 2,500 brass if you want 5/5 cans and finish watering in one trip. My advice for you, though, is to just be patient and make 5 trips back and forth. Besides, watering your garden did not affect the amount of people playing this game.

Flag Post
Originally posted by vrdn22:

Could not be any more accurate, in my opinion! Well said