RoS Tournament [CONCLUDED] page 2

116 posts

Flag Post

Your Name: Henkan67
Do you have NG membership?: (Y/[N])
Pledge: I pledge to stay in the tournament until I am eliminated.

Lonely Ferric looking for partner.

Flag Post

okay, let’s do this i guess
Your Kong/RoS Name: zakid
Your Partner’s Name: teli1992
Who (if any) in your team has an NG membership: none
Team Name (optional!): Pidgefly Devourers

Flag Post

5 Teams have signed up. May start the tournament with 8 teams. teli and dd still need to confirm. and how the hell is henk alone :(

oh… since we have 2 loners I guess we have 6 teams then.

Flag Post

Yay for co ops!!
C:

Flag Post
Originally posted by KaiJai:

Yay for co ops!!
C:

GET OUT OF MY THREAD!!!!! >:O

Flag Post

Your Kong/RoS Name : Wistler
Do you have NG membership? : ([Y]/N)
Pledge: I pledge to stay in the tournament until i am eliminated.

I have no Partner, then i will be happy to join everybody needs.

Flag Post

Uh oh, better get started training if I want to have a chance >~>

Flag Post
Originally posted by TurkeyPie:

Uh oh, better get started training if I want to have a chance >~>

you don’t need a good co-op score to win.

Flag Post

tl;dr but i’m in, plokay pls confirm this to me D:

Flag Post

if i remember correctly, you said you might want us to compete for the lowest score on certain maps. as much as i understand you want to something new and have some creative tasks for us, i don’t think that particular idea is that great. the simple reason being that it requires you to get a 0 time bonus, which means that every time you want to finish a run and check your score, it will take approximately 16 minutes, making the competition a bit tedious and uninteresting :f
there are plenty of other things you could do, like:
- getting highest score while killing as few mimics as possible
- getting the highest score with getting as few gems as possible
- getting a score with a ferric (or some specific class combinations) etc
you wrote in the first post that suggestions are welcome, so i wanted to throw this out there:D again, i think competing for a lowest score is not a very good idea for this competition, unless you rework the idea somehow.

Flag Post
Originally posted by zakid:

if i remember correctly, you said you might want us to compete for the lowest score on certain maps. as much as i understand you want to something new and have some creative tasks for us, i don’t think that particular idea is that great. the simple reason being that it requires you to get a 0 time bonus, which means that every time you want to finish a run and check your score, it will take approximately 16 minutes, making the competition a bit tedious and uninteresting :f
you wrote in the first post that suggestions are welcome, so i wanted to throw this out there:D again, i think competing for a lowest score is not a very good idea for this competition, unless you rework the idea somehow.

You’re right, and I was thinking that you could either choose to get a ridiculously high score, or choose to get a low score but that would be hard to plan in so many ways. I have several ideas that I don’t want to share yet, because I THINK they’re good and I wouldn’t want to spoil it for you.

Do you think it would be a good idea for matches to do different challenges? Right now I’m thinking no, but it seems lame to have everyone trying to do the same thing.

Thanks for the input anyway.

@Milli amg i wanna c u with henkypenk plz sign ups boi

Flag Post
Originally posted by plokkey:
Originally posted by zakid:

Do you think it would be a good idea for matches to do different challenges? Right now I’m thinking no, but it seems lame to have everyone trying to do the same thing.

i don’t see why not, but I guess you need a way to compare the scores and this might be difficult with people doing different things (if i understood the question correctly).

Flag Post

Your Name: theslayer99

Crag looking for a Co-op partner, I’ll stick with Henkan67?

Flag Post
Originally posted by theslayer99:

Your Name: theslayer99

Crag looking for a Co-op partner, I’ll stick with Henkan67?

I’m not giving solo signups choices. They get paired up randomly. If you want henkan you have to sign up with him.

5 teams and 4 and a half solo sign ups so far. I’m going to start with 8 teams so if you want to sign up, it’s now or never. I will accept more than 8 teams but it doesn’t look like it’s happening.

Flag Post

Solo Sign Up:
Your Name: TEH_ANONYMOUS
Do you have NG membership?: (Y/N)
Pledge: I pledge to stay in the tournament until my existence is invalidated.

Flag Post

RoS Tournament – ROUND 0

Welcome to round 0 of the tournament! Round 0 is just to get used to how normal tournament rounds will run. All you need to do is to submit the screenshots to me or on the forums. Nobody will be eliminated this round. I have matched teams up and paired up solos. The team you are matched up with will be your opponent in Round 1. I am still accepting team changes, sign-ups, and drops. If you are paired up in a solo and you cannot meet with your partner because of time zone issues, let me know and I will change you.

All teams and match-ups have been decided by a random number generator.

Teams

Team 1 – Purple Pineapple
Huschgegs
ActiveUnique
Team 2
Ilmapallo
Mystisyys
Team 3
Google567
saneiac
Team 4 – Wikes
CantTouchThisKid
destinydude
Team 5 – Pidgefly Devourers
zakid
teli1992
Team 6
Henkan67
Wistler (NG)
Team 7
Empty
Team 8
Teh_Anonymous
kboy101

Alone:
IgnorantMasses
theslayer99

Match-Ups

Again, match-ups are by RNG, but I have listed them in numerical-ish order.
- Purple Pineapple vs. Wikes
- Team 2 vs. Team 6
- Pidgefly Devourers vs. Team 7
- Team 3 vs. Team 8

Challenge

- Submit a screenshot of you co-oping with your partner.
- Screenshot must meet the following requirements:
1. Must include the entire RoS screen (544 × 416 is the screen size if anyone is wondering)
2. Must include the tally up AND the rankings screen. So two screenies in total. The tally screen is temporary, so I suggest you take a picture of that when it comes up.
3. Videos are acceptable. Use common sense. I must be able to read your score.
4. You can send screenies through kong whisper or on the forums. Your score will be made public to the opposing team, and you many only submit your screenshots TWICE per round.
Good example:

These screenshot requirements will stick through the entire tournament. I may accept your screenshots if you do not meet all the requirements, but then I may also deny it because you did not follow instructions. Follow the rules the best you can, please.

Round Ends

Sunday March 24 11:59 PM NT/PST

Co-op Map

There are no map requirements.

Flag Post

This tournament thing is so confusing. Looks to me like a “Good in plan; bad in practice” kind of thing. But hey, what the hell do I know about coop anyway…

Let “The Remnant Games®” commence, and may the starburst pods be ever in your flavor.

(p.s. sorry Teh, I’d partner up with you, which would be funny, but you know me… I suck. I’ll just bring you down. Yours truly, Forever ANONe©)

Flag Post
Originally posted by The_Anonymus:

This tournament thing is so confusing. Looks to me like a “Good in plan; bad in practice” kind of thing. But hey, what the hell do I know about coop anyway…

Let “The Remnant Games®” commence, and may the starburst pods be ever in your flavor.

(p.s. sorry Teh, I’d partner up with you, which would be funny, but you know me… I suck. I’ll just bring you down. Yours truly, Forever ANONe©)

I know it’s confusing, that’s why I set up this round so you can get all your confusion out now… everything will go smoothly after this practice round.

Flag Post

If I have time, I’ll be thoroughly analyzing each map with a system of devised tactics, that’s just how I like it. In any case, enjoy the vids.

Flag Post

Just to clarify: All you need are screenshots of you completing a co-op math with your partner. That is all. Submit them ASAP so we can start the real tournament.

Flag Post
Originally posted by plokkey:

I know it’s confusing, that’s why I set up this round so you can get all your confusion out now… everything will go smoothly after this practice round.

It shoud be pretty obvious by now that I’m not very smart. That is why I is confused.

Flag Post

Our run!

Flag Post

http://youtu.be/z7tR0B6VzUU

Length 5:31
size: 39.1MB
rate for smooth playback: ~122kb/s

Flag Post

Our screens:

fungeye counts as an enemy god dammit xD

Flag Post

Round update! 3/24/2013 6:00PM NT/PST

Purple Pineapple 2089(1)
Wikes no score

Team 2 2041(1)
Team 6 2024(1)

Pidgefly Devourers 390(1)
Team 7 not a team

Team 3 2032
Team 8 1973

Again, none of this counts because it’s just a practice round. I will periodically update your scores and post them on this thread. The (1) indicates that it’s your first score submission. You are allowed a maximum of two per round. You can submit one more this round… but I don’t see why you would.

Edit By updating your scores periodically, I might just stick to one post and edit instead of spamming it every time. And maybe with the rounds opening post instead of the bottom of the page… :p