RoS the Movie page 10

245 posts

Flag Post

Awwww, you didn’t read any of my previous rants…
Or come up with a coherent post…

Flag Post
Originally posted by Electro263440:

Awwww, you didn’t read any of my previous rants…
Or come up with a coherent post…

@Electro: I will have you know that someday I will be a very famous author, and that was just something I did when I was very tired. But I would like to hear you’re feedback so, if you would be so kind and tell me what was wrong with it I would very much appreciate it.

Edit: and actually i read the entire forum before posting this.

Flag Post

Fail movie .

Flag Post

I like your plot. Seems a bit random though…
As I have nothing else to do right now, I thought I would start writing a script for this. It’s all in good fun, if you don’t like it, just tell me and I’ll stop.

Act 1 Scene 1 The set(or animation, or whatever) shows a room, made of wood(it’s in the Hatchwood Wilds, in the ferric camp. It’s nightime. In the center of the room is a giant Ether Tube, but this one is purple, it’s filled with haze. It provides the only illumination. Two Rooks and Chief Juniper are looking at it.
JUN So, this is finally done?
ROOK1 That it is. At last!(relieved)
JUN Than I request that you leave as soon as possible.
ROOK1 Jeez, lighten up. We’ll haul this back up first thing tomorrow morning.
JUN Tonight.
ROOK2 Tonight? Are you crazy? We worked on this for a week, we deserve some downtime.
JUN This will attract mimics. You have endangered my tribe long enough. You will leave tonight.
ROOK1 Fine, we’ll leave tonight. You seem awfully paranoid about the mimics though.
JUN You would be to, if you lived on the ground.(She turns and leaves)
ROOK2 Wow, that woman is a pain.
ROOK1 Try to see it from her point of view. She’s just protecting her tribe.
(Switch to Chief Juniper, walking along forest catwalk. She stops next to a Ferric guard.)
JUN How goes it?
Ferr Pretty well, Chief. No sign of anyth- Wait, did you see that?(points into darkness below)
JUN What?
Ferr Like some sort of glow… There it is again! It almost looks like… Eyes?
JUN Oh no…
Suddenly, huge humanoid form leaps up from forest floor, grabbing the Ferric guard from catwalk. Aeromimic lands next to Chief Juniper. It shoots haze at her, she dodges, than jumps over it and starts running down catwalk towards camp.
Jun Mimic attack! Mimic attack! To your positions!
Ferrics start running out from they’re huts and form defensive positions. As they rush towards the catwalk, Aeromimic flys over them towards center of camp. Ferrics shout in fear.
JUN Steady, men! Hawthorn, take some guards and head of the flyer! The rest of you, stay with me!
The men do not move, instead staring slack-jawed at something behind Juniper. She slowly turns around to see a Ferromimic looming over her. It bellows, than swipes her, knocking her off the catwalk. She flips to a tree and from there back onto the catwalk.
JUN Men, retreat back to camp! We’ll try to hold them off from there!
Her followers start running/climbing back towards camp. The Ferromimic bellows again and gives chase.
The camp is in chaos. The Aeromimic is running amuck, ferrics are fleeing in terror, huts are torn apart, etc. At this point there must be the essential “Child standing unmoving in the path of charging Ferromimic, Chief Juniper grabs just in time”.
Cut to the two Rooks, watching the destruction from the doorway of the hut.
ROOK1 We’ve got to help them!
ROOK2 Are you crazy? Those things would kill us! We’ve got to get the tube out of here!
ROOK1 It’s not as important as peoples lives!(he runs out of doorway towards Aeromimic)
ROOK2 Idiot! I’ll just have to move this thing myself!(starts hooking on cables to the base)
Cut to outside. Aeromimic blasts Rook1, he falls in a heap. It roars in victory. Juniper leaps at it from behind, but a Mimicrag swings into her, knocking her away. She shakes her head, and gets back to her feat.
JUN Abandon tha Camp! Save yourselves!(She leaps at Ferromimic, swiping it’s face. It hisses, trys to hit her, but she dodges and hits it again. Than Aeromimics starts shooting at her, and she falls back. By this time, the survivors have fled the camp. Juniper turns and runs. The Aeromimic shoots one last volley at her, than lets her go. The three mimics turn towards the hut with the Rook inside it.
Cut to inside. Rook2 has fineshed hooking the cables, and start heading towards ladder leading towards the top of the hut. Just as he reaches it, the door is torn apart by the Mimicrag. It sees him, and charges. He activates his jetpack and flys up towrds the ceiling, only to be met by the Aeromimic, which shoots him. He falls to the ground, and the three mimics crowd around him. He raises his arms over his face and closes his eyes. When nothing happens, he opens one eye. The three mimics are crouded around the Hazetube. The Ferromimic strokes it with it’s claw. Than, in unison, the three of them hit the tube. Haze billows out, obscuring the room. Rook2 hastily pulls out a gas mask and puts it on. After taking a few deep breaths, he peers about the room. The haze starts to clear, but a dense cloud has formed in the middle of the room where th three mimics were standing. It starts swirling violently. A huge figure can be seen through the haze, half again as big as the Humimics. It turns toward Rook2, it’s burning yellow eyes shining through the haze. It give a wierd scream and starts walking towrds him clumsily, than it hisses and turns around. Rook1 stands in the doorway, battered but standing, shooting his blaster. The creature srceams again and charges him. He runs, and they exit the hut. Rook2 scrambles up the ladder and through a trapdoor to the roof. He pulls out a flaire and lights it. He shoots it into the air, and it explodes in a cloud of yellow smoke. He turns towards the ground to see nothing but darkness. The whirr of an engine cuts through the silence, and an airship starts to approach. He flys toward it, and enters through a hatch on the side.
ROOK2 Get me out of here! Now!
AIRSHIP CAPTAIN But what about your campanion?
ROOK2 Forget him! He’s dead already!
From below comes another wierd scream.
CAP Ok! Let’s go!
The airship takes off into the night sky.
End Scene One.
Ok, my basic premise here is that some scientists decided to get a tube full of contained haze so they could do experiments on it. They sent some rooks to the ground to make it there, as they could not get the required haze in the air. Unfortuitously, the concentration of haze attracted the three Humimics to the tube. When they shattered it, the buildup of haze caused them to mutate and meld together, forming one ultra powerful Humimic with traits of all three. I’m keeping the description of it vague for now, I’m open to suggestions. Maybe this plot/script could be combined eith 5thangel’s, specifically his idea of the combination weapons. Maybe the three protagonists would have to use them to take on this mimic.
I notice alot of the other plotlines getting hate about having elements not found in the game, but if we just stick to what’s in the game, the movie would be boring. Who would want to watch what they had already watched(I’m proud of that sentence, six W words!)?
Tell me if you want more, or if this just sucks. But please be nice about it if it does:)

Flag Post
Originally posted by Eivana:

As I have nothing else to do right now, I thought I would start writing a script for this. It’s all in good fun, if you don’t like it, just tell me and I’ll stop.

Act 1 Scene 1 The set(or animation, or whatever) shows a room, made of wood(it’s in the Hatchwood Wilds, in the ferric camp. It’s nightime. In the center of the room is a giant Ether Tube, but this one is purple, it’s filled with haze. It provides the only illumination. Two Rooks and Chief Juniper are looking at it.
JUN Tonight.
ROOK2 Tonight? Are you crazy? We worked on this for a week, we deserve some downtime.
JUN This will attract mimics. You have endangered my tribe long enough. You will leave tonight.
ROOK1 Fine, we’ll leave tonight. You seem awfully paranoid about the mimics though.
(Switch to Chief Juniper, walking along forest catwalk. She stops next to a Ferric guard.)
JUN How goes it?
Ferr Pretty well, Chief. No sign of anyth- Wait, did you see that?(points into darkness below)
JUN What?
JUN Oh no…
Suddenly, huge humanoid form leaps up from forest floor, grabbing the Ferric guard from catwalk. Aeromimic lands next to Chief Juniper. It shoots haze at her, she dodges, than jumps over it and starts running down catwalk towards camp.
Ferrics start running out from they’re huts and form defensive positions. As they rush towards the catwalk, Aeromimic flys over them towards center of camp. Ferrics shout in fear.
JUN Steady, men! Hawthorn, take some guards and head of the flyer! The rest of you, stay with me!
The men do not move, instead staring slack-jawed at something behind Juniper. She slowly turns around to see a Ferromimic looming over her. It bellows, than swipes her, knocking her off the catwalk. She flips to a tree and from there back onto the catwalk.
Her followers start running/climbing back towards camp. The Ferromimic bellows again and gives chase.
The camp is in chaos. The Aeromimic is running amuck, ferrics are fleeing in terror, huts are torn apart, etc. At this point there must be the essential “Child standing unmoving in the path of charging Ferromimic, Chief Juniper grabs just in time”.
ROOK2 Are you crazy? Those things would kill us! We’ve got to get the tube out of here!
ROOK1 It’s not as important as peoples lives!(he runs out of doorway towards Aeromimic)
ROOK2 Idiot! I’ll just have to move this thing myself!(starts hooking on cables to the base)
Cut to outside. Aeromimic blasts Rook1, he falls in a heap. It roars in victory. Juniper leaps at it from behind, but a Mimicrag swings into her, knocking her away. She shakes her head, and gets back to her feat.
JUN Abandon tha Camp! Save yourselves!(She leaps at Ferromimic, swiping it’s face. It hisses, trys to hit her, but she dodges and hits it again. Than Aeromimics starts shooting at her, and she falls back. By this time, the survivors have fled the camp. Juniper turns and runs. The Aeromimic shoots one last volley at her, than lets her go. The three mimics turn towards the hut with the Rook inside it.
Cut to inside. Rook2 has fineshed hooking the cables, and start heading towards ladder leading towards the top of the hut. Just as he reaches it, the door is torn apart by the Mimicrag. It sees him, and charges. He activates his jetpack and flys up towrds the ceiling, only to be met by the Aeromimic, which shoots him. He falls to the ground, and the three mimics crowd around him. He raises his arms over his face and closes his eyes. When nothing happens, he opens one eye. The three mimics are crouded around the Hazetube. The Ferromimic strokes it with it’s claw. Than, in unison, the three of them hit the tube. Haze billows out, obscuring the room. Rook2 hastily pulls out a gas mask and puts it on. After taking a few deep breaths, he peers about the room. The haze starts to clear, but a dense cloud has formed in the middle of the room where th three mimics were standing. It starts swirling violently. A huge figure can be seen through the haze, half again as big as the Humimics. It turns toward Rook2, it’s burning yellow eyes shining through the haze. It give a wierd scream and starts walking towrds him clumsily, than it hisses and turns around. Rook1 stands in the doorway, battered but standing, shooting his blaster. The creature srceams again and charges him. He runs, and they exit the hut. Rook2 scrambles up the ladder and through a trapdoor to the roof. He pulls out a flaire and lights it. He shoots it into the air, and it explodes in a cloud of yellow smoke. He turns towards the ground to see nothing but darkness. The whirr of an engine cuts through the silence, and an airship starts to approach. He flys toward it, and enters through a hatch on the side.
CAP Ok! Let’s go!
End Scene One.
Ok, my basic premise here is that some scientists decided to get a tube full of contained haze so they could do experiments on it. They sent some rooks to the ground to make it there, as they could not get the required haze in the air. Unfortuitously, the concentration of haze attracted the three Humimics to the tube. When they shattered it, the buildup of haze caused them to mutate and meld together, forming one ultra powerful Humimic with traits of all three. I’m keeping the description of it vague for now, I’m open to suggestions. Maybe this plot/script could be combined eith 5thangel’s, specifically his idea of the combination weapons. Maybe the three protagonists would have to use them to take on this mimic.
I notice alot of the other plotlines getting hate about having elements not found in the game, but if we just stick to what’s in the game, the movie would be boring. Who would want to watch what they had already watched(I’m proud of that sentence, six W words!)?
Tell me if you want more, or if this just sucks. But please be nice about it if it does:)

I think it’s good, but dont involve the mimics in the script (I’m not saying “delete the part about the mimic attack” I mean, instead of saying ROOK2 Tonight? Are you crazy? We worked on this for a week, we deserve some downtime.

say "ROOK2 Tonight? Are you crazy? We worked on this for a week, we deserve some rest.
JUN “It will attract them. You have endangered my tribe long enough. You will leave tonight.”
ROOK1 Fine, we’ll leave tonight. You seem awfully paranoid about them though."

Flag Post

Yes, that does seem better.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Eivana:

JUN Tonight.
JUN How goes it?
JUN What?
JUN Oh no…
CAP Ok! Let’s go!
End Scene One.

I love it. Ok I can make awesome Characters and bios and maybe even art.

Flag Post

Crap this stuff is complicated,i should start playing remnant again :D

Flag Post

Would like to do so as well, but Flip doesn’t like updating RoS, it appears. Way too many Papa’a [NOUN]-eria games to make.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Electro263440:

Would like to do so as well, but Flip doesn’t like updating RoS, it appears. Way too many Papa’a [NOUN]-eria games to make.

Theres also “Taco Mia!”

Flag Post

Now with Eivana’s giant block of text, which looks like quite a nice storyline, we need physical footage and all that. Think of it that we have sort of a plan, but nobody to carry it out.

This still wouldn’t work, in my opinion , with all the early, eager volunteers gone. But at least we don’t need any more people posting stupid plot twists and silly storylines.

Flag Post

Nooborg, I have been preaching that the whole time, we have plenty of people who want THEIR story to be the movie, but not a person to actually film it, do special FX’s, build props or even fund this thing. No, we don’t need another story, just logistics at this point.

Flag Post

and alas the thread is dying.

Flag Post

We wont die…even though the last post was on October.

Flag Post

I will try to revive it now.

Flag Post
Originally posted by bazz1:

It’s dead, Jim.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Zorro327:
Originally posted by bazz1:

It’s dead, Jim.

Not if i can help it.