Stuck on VG 8

25 posts

Flag Post

Hello. I am stuck on the famous Volcanic Grotto 8. (which is, arguably, the 3cd hard place in the whole entire CM world—1st is sunken ship secret compartment, 2cd is stony shore 3)
I have a question: do you think it’s better to upgrade my rare cards or buy packs?
If upgrade: which is better, nin’jutsurtle or bait keeper?
If buy packs: which is better EP 2 or master?
My Deck: Bait keeper, nin’jutsurtle, frosty (going to upgrade it with glittering EVO from VG 6), twinaxe (Oh man, I accidentally replaced my charmer… ah well), indigo spider (I am NOT considering foxy spider), Healing Lapia (Never gonna replace u, until I get squidiver or somefin), Bovile (Yes, I was not there when EP 1 was released, and if I was, It’d be likely I did NOT get snoozemon)
ITEMS: battle axe generic, Horn of ages generic, herald’s bow chaos, Chain mail war, Rock armor nature, Gladiator Plate war, archer’s boots generic.

NOTICE: I am now farming from snowy peaks and the previous volcanic grottos, but I only have 3,500 gems currently, so think carefully for me!!!

Flag Post

I would say upgrade your turtle.Use him as a tank and equip him with cheap armors,focusing the magic damage on the dragon.That’s what I did to beat it.

Flag Post

vg8 has judgement, meaning 1. use lots of cheap melee/magic creatures 2. use lots of cheap armors to save ur stuff from the dragon, so as not to have judgement kill off something expensive

so, remove the bovile (its useless) for another mage, preferably a level 2 bloglodyte, which is easy to get. Equips: remove heralds bow, battle axe and put in 2 more cheap armor equips

Flag Post

Hmmm… why is bovile useless??? and I don’t want to remove battle axe, the 20 + cleave is really good in swarms….

Flag Post

You are not supposed to use the same deck for everything

Flag Post

I do that Loharchdemon. I use it for A.A., duel, story mode, swarms…. You name it!! And I still manage to put together an OK deck

Flag Post

BTW I have snow drake now instead of Frosty, and i have 9,000 crystals. You might want to put that in consideration.

Flag Post

Hello? anyone got deck building advises?

Flag Post

Now i have collector instead of bovile, with twilight replacing my Herald’s bow. How do yo u think of that?

Flag Post

also, the twilight is fortune. And I got 4/8 in VG 8 and it is getting impossible.

Flag Post

BBUUUUMMMPPPp!!!

Flag Post

You have already demonstrated your unwillingness to listen to any advice. Do not expect any further attempts to assist you.

Flag Post

Hai,i’m stuck here too my deck is=blujutsuturtle, barren lapia, adm.eagle,crocbear,lil mojo,collector and mureena which i’m lvling to 3 for crystal thing. My equips are=blue SoP, generic leather armor, yellow chain mail,generic fighting gloves,generic heralds bow,green rock armor and scorpion. i have 10 000 and i’m currently saving for exp 2. I will take any advice. Thanks :)

Flag Post

Hey guys i just got help from a guy and i actully won once. I don’t think i need more help. :)

Flag Post

You are kidding me… I don’t have even these good cards as ninjutsurtle, adm. eagle etc… I got 2 crappy equip epics from my packs and beated every mission before this area 8 with my triclops, abobinable and a bunch archers. It’s too much farming required, in previous missions, instead of simply move on. Goin’ quit.

Flag Post

Ok i’ve tried what others on here have said and it hasn’t worked for me. My deck is Blue Dragon, Abobinable, Snow Drake, Kub, Frock, Chimpbow, and Triple Tri, with equip as Horn of Ages Blue and Gray, Rock Armor and Ode to War Green, Vision Bracers Yellow, Courage Pendant Red, and Mithril Shuriken. I’ve beaten VG8 once out of maybe 25 tries. Obviously i’m not doing something right. I’ve tried to get cheaper armor and melee cards, but they still either get killed in 1 hit or 2 hits, or hardly do any damage. I don’t have many magic cards, but did try the Imp, who died in one hit too. Do I just need to try to get 1 more tank to take some damage?

Flag Post

I’m done now. :D Good luck 9space.

Flag Post

thechug if the amber appers kill it! Your Blue Dragon could help doing this with a good sword.

Flag Post
Originally posted by FC_BRAZIL:

You are kidding me… I don’t have even these good cards as ninjutsurtle, adm. eagle etc… I got 2 crappy equip epics from my packs and beated every mission before this area 8 with my triclops, abobinable and a bunch archers. It’s too much farming required, in previous missions, instead of simply move on. Goin’ quit.

MMORPGs are typically about farming. Thats what the end game is all about. Otherwise ppl wouldnt stay around. If you dont want to farm, dont play MMORPGs.

He prolly quit, so this message is more to people in general.

Flag Post

we must all agree that vg 8 is just too difficult, as the other stages were increasing in difficulty but they were managable by buying a few packs. but for vg 8 you need at least 2 or 3 rare or epic monsters. i have to rebuild my whole deck, and have already bought 2 masters and one expansion and could only get equipment cards

Flag Post
Originally posted by Aryncho:

we must all agree that vg 8 is just too difficult,

No.

Originally posted by Aryncho:

for vg 8 you need at least 2 or 3 rare or epic monsters. i have to rebuild my whole deck, and have already bought 2 masters and one expansion and could only get equipment cards

Or maybe it’s possible because I did it without a single rare creature, and one epic. There are a lot of things that need work in this game, but difficulty of quests is not one of them. Go grind some packs or levels on your uncommons. If you were expecting the whole game to be doable without nice rares and epics, it might serve you well to know that it gets tougher after VG8.

Flag Post

Totally agree with JuzzieJT ;)

Flag Post

Aryncho, you definitely do not need 2 or 3 epics/rares to get past it. When I did it, I had 3 level 2 commons, 2 level 3 commons and one level one rare (this was before you were able to put 7 monsters to a deck). Did not own a single epic. I cannot imagine its harder now with all the cool new abilities the expansions have introduced or the 2 additional levels you can get for your monsters.

Some things in the game NEED to be difficult, and for the most part the 8/9 levels are deck checks..if you cannot get past them, you’re not ready for what comes next, and need to go back and farm earlier areas for upgrades.

Flag Post

I’d love some advice on this mission. I suspect my champs are all too expensive, but I’m not sure whether to branch to different colors to resolve, or what.

Fortress(5), Darkblade (5), Charmer(3), Snow Drake (2), Spellpillar (5), Genificus (1), Crystalie (3)
Equip: Plain Clothes (blue), Sorcerer Robe (blue), Repair Plate (blue), Barrier Robe (blue), Spiked Leggings (blue), 2x metal cap (grey)

Flag Post

lol, i beat this place with some luck(25percent chance win)
with
monsters:
taxrat, griffin, kub, healing lapia, snowblade, collector, frock
equips:
courier gloves(yellow and green) rock armor(green), sages staff(yellow), boomerang, sop(generic),varied bracers(generic)
my strategy is to put down frock and wait till the enemy kills it, building up my crystals
i found that highly useful in some cases