Lvl Up vs Buy Boosters

8 posts

Flag Post

Bit curious what the general advice is on the lvl up vs buy boosters for newer players (ie: smaller card pool).

I luckily got a ninjusturtle from my last master, so have been looking into upgrading it. Though, ofc, the price is a touch crazy ~ the cost of two masters.

Upgrading the turtle will def help me. The masters is a bit more of a gamble ~ could help me a ton, or could do little/nothing.

Thus far my rare cards are
- ninjusturtle
- Angelic Sound
- Heralds Bow (Generic)
- Elite Visor (i dont even use it >.>)

Flag Post

wow. I seem way luckier than you….

Flag Post

From my knowledge, it seems that buying packs are better than upgrading until you have a deck with cards you wouldn’t even think about swapping out. But from my experience, getting any good cards from packs won’t happen unless you’re really lucky. I’ve opened around 10 Master/Expansion packs, and I’ve only gotten 4 useful rare cards. I’ve never gotten an epic, and out of all the rares I got, only one was a monster. Weigh the odds, and I wish you luck if you choose to get packs. =P

Flag Post
Originally posted by zoon333:

I’ve opened around 10 Master/Expansion packs, and I’ve only gotten 4 useful rare cards. I’ve never gotten an epic, and out of all the rares I got, only one was a monster. Weigh the odds, and I wish you luck if you choose to get packs. =P

Sigh, yeah. Based on what Ive got thus far, odds arent in favor of opening packs. Though I did pretty much skip Basic/Advanced so my card pools fairly weak in various areas (practically no magic, no reflect or fear, etc), so maybe 2x Masters will be more beneficial even without regard to the rare.

Flag Post

Evolving your turtle won’t help you as much. The Ninju’tsurtle has always been my main tank, and he stayed at max xp for a really long while. I figured that because he gets more expensive as he levels (5 crystals) I would only level him when I had 2 sac cards, so I kept buying masters. One day I got a kukulkan (epic all around monster), and my deck got 10x stronger.
So my advice to you is, unless you can compensate the cost of level 2 turtle, keep buying masters (I don’t advice to buy expansion until you got a considerable card pool from master), who knows what you might find.

Flag Post

I ended up buying the two masters. First was pretty good, second sucked. First one I got the epic use item Shuriken. Second master i got the rare equipment Dark Helm (chaos). From the two all that made it into my deck was the shuriken, and its so-so although ocassionaly is very nice.

Guess i’ll stick to buying masters, the more i buy the higher my odds of pulling something like kuk _

Flag Post

My opinion would be to level turtle to 2. the 20 sheild is awesome in story up to paladia. Those two master packs would have gotten you much further if you spent $5 and got 4 rerolls out of it. I would have rerolled on shuriken since it is the worst epic but the dark helm is awesome. make it yellow and put it on your turtle!

Overall though, dont upgrade your cards unless you find you can’t progress in story anymore. And when that happens, grind some lower level areas for gem rewards until you can buy new packs. Good luck!

Flag Post

i used to have a turtle for a very long time he is really good on lvl 2 there is no doubt about it
for a beginer such as yourself maybe leveling him will be a good idea however nowdays turtle isn’t as usefull as he used to be in the past because of the new expension.
since you claimed that you have a very low amount of cards i suggest you get more boosters however if you are still using uncommon creatures it would be best to get the expension booster since it contain some pretty nasty monsters which in my opnion are much stronger in general than the ones you will get in master
and by the way chaos helm is not such a bad item at all, in fact its best to have it in the purple color which you were lucky to get