level 5 monster is too much

18 posts

Flag Post

Im very thankful that edgebee is updating the game with new content to keep the game interested.

However i have to say that making monster to level 5 is a bit over the top.
I feel that because monsters are level 5 it really restricts to making creative decks. Once I level a monster to level 5, it discourages me to create any other new deck since i put so much time into leveling that monster to level 5, no matter how many new cards are added into the game, once a monster is level 5, i feel the need to add it into any new decks that i plan on making.

Not only that but lets say i wanted to use real life money into getting a level 5 epic, that would cost a total of $140 which is just insane. multiply that by 7 thats already 980$ excluding equips. I know that we dont have to use real life money to buy these epics but it basically is double of what it used to be.

So my point is, this update basically limits creativity even further. Once i choose a monster to level. Its basically a final decision that i will be using that monster forever not even knowing if that card will even help me at level 5.

Flag Post

For non-kredders, that’s unfortunately more or less the direction this game has been going for along time.

Flag Post

It’s way too hard to level up too. For me ; I started playing recently ( 2 weeks ? ) And Every single timei have to face a decision to either BUY a Master or Expansion BOOSTER or level up my uncommon . Leveling uncommon takes 7500 gem, And getting a masters pack is 12,000. Sometimes you have to take the risk and get masters just to get a crap epic/rare. I dunno.. This whole game is just too expensive and too much of a gamble. They need to lower this to ease and keep players.

Flag Post

What some people don’t realize is that you’re NOT supposed to have EVERYTHING within a couple months. If you only wanna play epics, yeah, it can be frustrating, but you’re actually supposed to play along and enjoy each stage of the game, including the beggining, when you have a hard time beating story mode, or when you have an uncommon deck and MAYBE a couple rares, to when you finally can grind the gems to start getting your first epics.
To me, this is what gives this game so much replayability, and why i’m still playing after several months, opposed to every other flash game on kong.

Flag Post
Originally posted by irabelo:

What some people don’t realize is that you’re NOT supposed to have EVERYTHING within a couple months. If you only wanna play epics, yeah, it can be frustrating, but you’re actually supposed to play along and enjoy each stage of the game, including the beggining, when you have a hard time beating story mode, or when you have an uncommon deck and MAYBE a couple rares, to when you finally can grind the gems to start getting your first epics.
To me, this is what gives this game so much replayability, and why i’m still playing after several months, opposed to every other flash game on kong.

Replayability? Nice way of saying “grinding”.

Flag Post

Replayability? Nice way of saying “grinding”.

Sadly, yeah. And this games form of grinding is one of the most monotonous out there. Do a swarm X amount of times a day, rinse and repeat. This isnt replayability, just ugly grinding.

Flag Post

Exactly ^

Flag Post

If you want to finish this game in 1 month or less, then you’re playing the wrong game. This game is supposed to take months, maybe even years to complete. If you don’t like grinding swarms, there are plenty of other things to do. If you don’t like that either, there are plenty of other games (most of which have a similar grinding mechanic). Personally, I think levels 4 and 5 is a great update, because if you actually try, only the legendary evo takes more than a few days to get, and it allows the cards to become more useful, even if they didn’t have time to become too great over 3 levels. Also, story mode would have had problems, the last area of Sunken Ship has several level 3 epics so it wouldn’t be very long before areas were all level 3 epics. How can it get stronger then? Levels 4 and 5 allow story mode to go on much longer.

Flag Post

thats the whole point of this topic, that it takes months to just make ONE deck, im not complaining about the grinding im complaining that this game offers no creativity because it takes months to just create one deck….

Flag Post

- I think dragonuser4 is just right, if you can do a nice deck in 3 months, to take all rares and go to level 2-3 and 1 epick card, you cant do a deck for uncomons live mathc, updrage a comono for soldier, decks for swarms, decks vs especific histori mode, etc.

Can create a diferents decks, and no one stantard op deck vs all, maybe will be more funy and stop the monotoni of snail+roba+kukulkan+reach+mage+reflect = gg wp

Flag Post
Originally posted by dragonuser4:

thats the whole point of this topic, that it takes months to just make ONE deck, im not complaining about the grinding im complaining that this game offers no creativity because it takes months to just create one deck….

more like a month for a single epic l5 >.> assuming you manage to get the epic in the first place

Can create a diferents decks, and no one stantard op deck vs all, maybe will be more funy and stop the monotoni of snail+roba+kukulkan+reach+mage+reflect = gg wp

This is off topic from this thread, but snail decks have been easily counterable since exp3. The current meta is low cost high damage cards, like feline cat

Flag Post
Originally posted by Super_Swift:

If you want to finish this game in 1 month or less, then you’re playing the wrong game. This game is supposed to take moths, maybe even years to complete. If you don’t like grinding swarms, there are plenty of other things to do. If you don’t like that either, there are plenty of other games (most of which have a similar grinding mechanic). Personally, I think levels 4 and 5 is a great update, because if you actually try, only the legendary evo takes more than a few days to get, and it allows the cards to become more useful, even if they didn’t have time to become too great over 3 levels. Also, story mode would have had problems, the last area of Sunken Ship has several level 3 epics so it wouldn’t be very long before areas were all level 3 epics. How can it get stronger then? Levels 4 and 5 allow story mode to go on much longer.

Wrong. The game’s not supposed to take months or years, it’s supposed to take money.

Note that in no way is this a complaint, simply a statement of fact.

But please, let’s call a spade a spade, and not use hilariously unsuitable words like “replayability” for what is obviously a money-or-grind game.

Flag Post

How would they make money if it was only designed to be played for a few weeks?

Flag Post

A main focus of this game is to keep players coming back each day to play. Unlike normal singleplayer games where you play through it once and you’re done, Card Monsters is set up to be played indefinitely, and it will take time to get a powerful deck. If you acquire a powerful deck early on, you could just blaze through the game and miss the struggle and satisfaction of looking back at all the time and effort you spent into earning those cards.

The game is also set up to make people want to spend tokens, but mostly they want you to come back and keep playing. :)

Flag Post
Originally posted by JuzzieJT:
Originally posted by Super_Swift:

If you want to finish this game in 1 month or less, then you’re playing the wrong game. This game is supposed to take moths, maybe even years to complete. If you don’t like grinding swarms, there are plenty of other things to do.

Wrong. The game’s not supposed to take months or years, it’s supposed to take money.

Note that in no way is this a complaint, simply a statement of fact.

But please, let’s call a spade a spade, and not use hilariously unsuitable words like “replayability” for what is obviously a money-or-grind game.

Juzzie, I believe your premise is wrong, that premise being: you need to have a killer deck to have fun playing the game.
If you feel that way, then yes, it’s money-or-grind. But otherwise, you can play at your own pace and not be worried sick if you played for 1/2 months and don’t have many epics yet. So, if you enjoy the dueling, the levelling, the collecting, you can play for many weeks or months and still have fun with each new card unlocked or battle won. And THAT, i believe, IS replayability. “It’s about the journey, not the destination.”

Flag Post

I don’t mean to be a dick, btw. I do believe it takes A LOT of grind to get a maxed out deck without real money and stuff is very expensive, I just don’t think it makes the game unplayable and sucky :)

Flag Post

Also contributing to this one deck only factor is how you can only have a card on one deck at a time. So unless you want to go through the hassle of pulling decks apart and putting them back together alot…

Flag Post

I agree with truepurple….I’ve been complain about not being able to have one card in multiple decks for awhile now. During the Exp3 testing I tried to tell Edge it would be even worse with lvl4/5 monsters, but they didn’t listen. Now I spend about 5 minutes a day having to switch back and forth between AA/Duel deck and swarm deck, and while I’m swarming whoever plays my defensive deck gets a very easy match.