Changes on duels

24 posts

Flag Post

Well, I’m opening this topic so we can discuss the new changes on the duels system.

In my opinion, expert duels are too difficult with the changes. In Diamond League, the AI starts with 9 crystals. Sacrifice a crystal card, and that’s 12 crystals. Second turn, with another sacrifice (most decks have at least two sac cards), that’s 18 crystals with just 2 sacrifices.

I think that’s too much. Winning 20 times in a row is almost impossible. Only few players with godly decks are able to at the moment. Then again, I don’t even want to think what facing their decks in expert is like.

But let’s not worry about that, we still have the Hard fights. Oh, what’s that? AI starts with 6 crystals at hard? So the new hard is the old expert. Except you’re rewarded with less points for wining.

I could write a lot more, but I won’t, I’ll just let you guys give your opinions.

Flag Post

I agree with u, i can imangen what its like. Me myself didn’t even play expert because i didn’t have a good enough deck. But i’m with u.

Flag Post

Yes they had gone a lot harder, if the gem / coin rewards per fight is 10 times more then what it is, then by all means start with 9 crystal.

Flag Post

I like the changes. It will prevent 23 people getting max score on fridays, unless they really deserve it. If you can’t compete against 9 crystals, just play on hard and hope it’s good enough…like I probably will :P
But seriously, I think the changes make sure that only the top 2 or 3 deck really get max score, as it should be imho.

Flag Post

I see your point Irabelo, it actually makes sense, but I don’t know. It feels like this will just increase the difference between strong and weak players, as from now on strong decks will be getting far more gems everyday, while regular decks will just sometimes be in the top 5.

By the way, I agree with gnostic. With increased difficulty, there should be an increased reward in coins / xp.

Flag Post

Not one to cause trouble, I just thought I’d point out that AI starts with 9 bonus crystals, giving it 12 to start and the possibility of 15 with a crystal card sacrifice. Is it worth it for the extra point? For me, no, but at least it is a differentiating factor. I can now look at the top 5 and think “Ooh, maybe I can get in that today!” rather than knowing I need a near-flawless performance complete with 3 successful challenges to gain a share…

Flag Post

It SHOULD be very difficult to win all 20 on expert. If any more changes are made, it should be to make it so that easy gets no bonus crystals to begin, but everything harder than that does, including medium. To me, thats the whole point of easy/medium/hard/expert, so that people with strong decks can be challenged, why have any hard/expert if they are going to be so silly easy that 50 people tie for top score every day?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Cris90br:

It feels like this will just increase the difference between strong and weak players, as from now on strong decks will be getting far more gems everyday, while regular decks will just sometimes be in the top 5.

Originally posted by RosieT:

I can now look at the top 5 and think “Ooh, maybe I can get in that today!” rather than knowing I need a near-flawless performance complete with 3 successful challenges to gain a share…

Cris, as Rosie pointed out, I think it may actually be easier for average decks to get to top 5 now, because you don’t need a perfect score. You can do well if you have good strategy (when to play hard, when to play expert etc.). But i’m not sure of that, I may be way off on this :P

Flag Post

Simple. Can you win against your own deck when that deck have 15 crystal?

even if top players get out their killer deck, they may now win against it.

To win against it warrant a awesome feat and should reward us 10X gem / coins

Flag Post

the real problem is – still – that you face the same ppl again and again, exspeciall your rank +/-3 that really sucks, once you dont change rank every win :(

Flag Post

I agree with Antagon. This is especially an issue in the elite league, where you are screwed if you are towards the top of the board. They should expand it (maybe only diamond and elite) to a chance to play anyone in your league, instead of +/- 3 from your position.

Flag Post

oh…you mean the same exact thing i’ve been saying for 2 months now…but noone has listened?

Flag Post

wildwest….I replied to your post agreeing with you a month or so ago. Although now that I’m not cleaning up at the bottom of the elite league I’ve been complaining louder :)

Flag Post

and remember the second part of my message… “NOONE else will complain about this until they are stuck playing the same 5 people”. Give wolfcub41 another month to bring his ass up to the top 5 and see if he isn’t on here bitchin up a storm…

I just dont get it. These are LEAGUES. if i’m in a bowling LEAGUE, i play everyone. i dont play only the 4 teams near me at the bottom of the league and then 16 other teams from the 14-and-under league down the street. HOW is that fair to the top 10 teams in the league when the only measure that matters in win/loss??? it’s better off to be at the bottom.

on a side note, i can see where the devs have worked their asses off on Expansion 3 and i love 95% of it…so i’m not trying to nitpick.

What’s bugging me is this was like a ONE DAY fix in the past, to change how the AI picks daily duel opponents. so really, how hard could it be to make it “any random opponent in your league”. my deck is in no way “better” than 90% of the other decks in elite. if you’ve made it to elite, you’ve got a great deck. I’d love to see it! but i can’t. i only see TWO decks everyday. Pfuel and Justanewhand. i see them for 8 of my 12 fights. and the other 12 are total low level decks from like tin league.

Flag Post

Ok, these are my impressions after a few days of the update. I was on platinum league (until yesterday), and a couple people were still managing to stay on top. BUT they were being rewarded for that, not sharing w/ 15 other guys. As for lower decks, I did see many new names at the top 5, so I feel the new system is a success: rewarding properly and giving lower players a shot at the top.

But I agree with WW and actuaryal. It’s been fine to me so far ‘cuz I just play a bunch of guests and an occasional player, and the surrounding players change a lot. But I don’t wanna be stuck playing 3-4 same people everyday. Picking from any player in your league is a no-brainer to me, and should happen asap.

Flag Post

Wildwest…I have a plan to make Edge move a little faster. You and Justin (and the other top 5 decks if possible) should agree to put in crappy defensive decks while you all do your duels. You should take advantage of this clearly broken system, and once everyone else starts crying that you guys are always at top maybe this will get fixed. I’m posting this plan instead of telling you in in private cause I want to show how broken this system is, not really give you a duel advantage.

Flag Post

And the only reason the plan would work is because you are constantly playing the same three decks

Flag Post

done deal. i posted 2 lost explorers and a dust maiden as my def deck. since justanewhand and sword are forced to see my deck 5 times a day and ONLY they see my deck. they should start popping high on the board everyday. if they do the same, i’ll be up there as well.

bet this gets fixed in a week now. i shoulda done it months ago. and if it doesnt, that’s fine too. i’ll smile as every1 else bitches about the same 3 on the leaderboard everyday. win/win for me. i’ve asked nicely SO many times…

Flag Post

LOL, GOGOGO, get just and sword to do the same when you are dueling :). but why not throw in some rares that weaker people who get you may possibly still lose to?

Flag Post

you are not fully understanding how duels are chosen. NOONE. Not 1 single other player in all of elite….can possibly get my deck in a duel the way the RNG generates duel opponents. So i’m giving the top 5 decks a pass.

Conversely, if i post the absolute nastiest deck i can muster…i’m absolutely screwing the top 5 decks and once again…ALL of elite gets a pass, because they never have to see my deck.

basically, i’m sick of all of elite getting a pass, i’d rather give it to the top 5 :)

Flag Post

I think Edge might be consciously making it harder for people at the top with the current system, so maybe they won’t allow you to face anyone from your league. But maybe it would help a bit if the range for possible opponent decks was extended to your rank +-10/15 positions? That way it would still be harder at the top, but with greater diversity.

Flag Post

+-10/15 would be better than the current system, but still would be a little limited for the very top, since they could only have -10/15. Also, this still leaves the deck strength calculator matches as way to easy compared to these +-10/15 rank matches.

Flag Post

What if, instead of giving the AI a hard +6/9 or whatever crystals at the start of the match, they were given out a couple at a time each turn. That way you don’t have to face 2-3 monster cards plus equips at the start of the match and be swarmed, but are still required to play smart to avoid being overwhelmed in the remainder of the match.

These would be the bonus crystal amounts per round per difficulty(in addition to the 3 crystals per round):

Expert: +5 crystals on 1st round/ +2 crystals on 2nd round/ +2 crystals on 3rd round
Hard: +2 crystals on 1st round/ +2 crystals on 2nd round/ +2 crystals on 3rd round
Fair: +1 crystal on 1st round/ +1 crystal on 2nd round/ +1 crystal on 3rd round
Easy: No bonus crystals

Just an idea I had, figured I’d put it on paper, so to speak.

Course, that doesn’t do anything to fix the matchmaking problems…

Flag Post

i don’t card +?? crystal → i just don’t want fight same ppl over 3 month ….