Card Balancing Issues

25 posts

Flag Post

This thread is to highlight card that need balance. I may be bias myself, everyone are welcome to give your ideals on the card that need balancing.

MC
it need 10 more shield and -10 HP
Honestly when 2 common card have 40 Fortify why and epic only have 30 fortify?

Given that all the monster have HP boost and become more powerful with lvl 5, armor grew weaker so indirectly nerfing MC.

I am suggesting 50 melee, 80 HP, 30 shield and 40 fortify for MC to make it on par to RD.

KUK
It does not gain the suppose 35% HP buff at lvl 3. And the improvement to lvl 4 & 5 is to gain back the 35% HP buff and 20 more for lvl5.

When comparing to palabird, palabird have 20 extra charge and 20 HP as opposed to kuk only gain 20 HP.
Kuk is a natural backrow with reach so it cannot make use of flying and extra HP as well as palabird. Putting Kuk in front row is a waste.

suggest to give 10 more range to kuk. As of now 40 range is needed to 1 shot mages. it lost it’s status as mage killer with 30 range.

To use kuk well you need to put a tank, 3 cost kuk and 3 cost MM or obsidian. THAT IS MORE THAN 6 CRYSTAL when you have many 2 cost epic, lets say both side have the same tank, for 6 cost you can put 2 more epics and gleaming or some other armor to outshine kuk by miles.

Honestly kuk is not effective at all naked.

suggest to give kuk 70HP, 40 range, 50 melee, flying or 90hp, 40 range, 40 melee flying or the same stats with 2 cost.

Acolyte.
it’s just some common card with -1 crystal cost. it need 10 more magic, with 3 cost it is not as powerful as the 2 cost epics (AM, DM, sprite) wind spirit is more powerful then aco as it have 40 magic, flying and 50 hp to prevent range 1 shot
wind spirit is quite powerful now as it is hard to 1 shot in the backrow while boosting 40 magic

Flag Post

Kuk should be at 3 cost with those buffs you indicated, but you are correct, Kuk is very equipment dependable, without equips it’s just 30 range or 40 melee which is very poor compared to dwarf and glumbie with melee and magic, which isn’t item dependant when it’s in the centre.

Yes Kuk has flying, but have you seen griffon? he’s on par with Kuk with the difference of counter for range.

With all the tanks having at least 30 shield, kuk does not seem viable at all, unless equipped with an epic equipment to do slightly more damage.

Flag Post

Seems like a bit more thought and work needs to go into L4 and L5.

Level 4 seems to be almost entirely ignored ~ in many/most cases, offering nearly no improvement over L3.

Level 5 for some cards seems to be done well, but with other cards, its like they lost the idea/purpose of the card.
Acolyte is a great example of this. With the HP Buff, 30 magic is much weaker than it used to be, and now hes on par with other cards that arent sposed to be as heavily magic specced as he.
Not a Rat probably isnt a bad example either ~ take off some of the HP and give him a 2 cost.
Tux Shooter ~ people get/use/upgrade this card to use for its low 2 cost. Increasing its cost to 3 at level 5 is silly, makes level 4 more desirable.
Watercat ~ Wall? Seriously? He doesnt need wall. Hes a healer.
Green Dragon ~ Still too high cost to be playable with Judgement and stuff around. I remember people in test were saying one of the big changes coming for GD is that its cost lowers as it goes from L3 to L5. Guess this wisdom was lost in translation.
Dust Maiden ~ Opportunity on 20 range? Lmao. This card makes no sense.
As mentioned by previous poster, Kuk and MC got trolled.
Muscular ~ As a melee reach card, why is the main thing its increasing HP? Being primarily specced as a backrow card that can semi-tank, shouldnt melee (yknow, its attack stat) be the main thing that increases?
Crocodime ~ Not a Rat is arguably better.
Dungeon Master ~ L4 should be 2 cost >.>
White Rabbit ~ L4 should be 2 cost. Take off some of the HP or something, let that be its L5 joy.
Calamity ~ L3 vs L5… 10 melee and -1 crystal cost… for 2 levels on an epic? Something seems wrong here.

The list goes on and on, unfortunately. But hey, thats your job ;)

Flag Post

“MC5: 50 melee, 80 HP, 30 shield and 40 fortify.
KUK5: 90hp, 40 range, 40 melee, flying.”

I agree with Gnostic85.

Flag Post

Yes GD cost 6 and is good judgment material. it is still mainly a sac card. You can play 3 epic mages with 6 cost, do not fear judgment, and have more firepower & survival.

GD should be at least 5 cost.

the rare crocodime is worst that not a rat. I rather have the crystal ability rather than 20 more HP. Why stealth if you have 90 HP? lower its hp to 60 and turn that 30 HP to 30 more chance.

Vapor at lvl 3 cost 2 have 40 range and 10 hp and stealth, at lvl 4 it have 20 more hp at 3 cost and lvl 5 just give 10 more HP. this is a debuff.

Vapor should cost 2 still. In the past it is cheap highest range ally and should continue to do so. maybe cost 2, 30hp, stealth and 50 range.

Look at kamicorn and tell me its worth to lvl it from lvl 3 to 4 & 5

same with adm eagle, will you lvl it from 3 to 4?
-1 cost at lvl 5 is great but you need 10 more courage or 10 more range.

courage cards got indirect nerf with the increase HP, you need to put out more to be effective

Flag Post

As someone lucky enough to have been involved with the testing, I can assure you that all cards were heavily scrutinized. Some of the original level 5 card stats were proven (almost infinite tokens) to be either over/under powered and changes were made.

As far as I know and without mentioning anything in particular (I don’t know if I am allowed), there are still a lot of unfinalized discussions about certain cards and certain abilities. So there could be changes still to come.

Flag Post

I hope so…. because as gnostic85 explained – cards like Vapor or Acolyte are completely not worth to update to lvl 4 (and then 5). Joing to request for better card balancing.

Flag Post

Pile of goo, who are willing to lvl it from lvl 2 to lvl 3,4,5?
Keep the cost at 3 for all level is more resonable

Twin Axe, it’s improvement is just wall increase. 20 range is doing nothing against common/uncommon tank with 20/30 shield. it need 10 more range rather than 20 wall

Swoord, i will keep it at lvl 1 or lvl 3, surely not lvl5

Tux, I will keep it at lvl 4 instead of 5

Flag Post

Initiate – Really should have the cost down to 4 at level 5, 2 shining evos is a lot for just 10 hp per level.

Personally I like level 5 of the Tux Shooter, 30 hp is worth +1 Cost and it’s always good to have strong cards.

Flag Post

Pile of goo, who are willing to lvl it from lvl 2 to lvl 3,4,5?
Keep the cost at 3 for all level is more resonable

I found that +10 melee boost from level 2 to level 3 worked nicely. Five crystals is a bit much though, maybe four would be better.

Flag Post

Another card to underline Acolytes severe impotence: Bloglodyte. At level 5, it is exactly the same as aco, for 1 extra crystal. Hmm Common vs Rare. Major price difference there in terms of xp needed, gems needed, rarity, and overall ease of getting.

Sitting back and looking at this update really makes me wonder. I mean, take almost any card. Look at how it changes/evolves from level 1 to 3. Typically, level 2 improves upon level 1 significantly enough to not be considered 1a and level 3 improves upon the card significantly again.

Now with levels 4 and 5, which cost way more in terms of gems & xp… something went awry. Level 3 to 4 often doesnt bring about much/any change to a card. Level 4 doesnt feel like it changes/improves cards enough to stand on their own. The gap between Level 4 and Level 5, while an improvement over whats observed with L3→L4, does not seem to be the same significant change that a card undergoes from L2→L3. In some rare cases as pointed out above, the level 5 version of a card can be less desirable than its level 3 counterpart.

Flag Post

Now equips are weaker due to HP boost, how about -1 CC to all equips, not just strike equips?

Of course some cards like judgment can remain 6 CC.

-1 CC to all equips will make equips more viable and does not interfere with edge motive that monster will be hard to die in 1 turn

Flag Post

The sword excalibur needs an especially big boost, not worth 5 cost in generic anymore.

Flag Post

Kronan also needs to be reworked, by far the worst epic monster this expansion, compared to glowrilla, the -60 life at lvl5 are way too much, exspecially critical seems pretty useless with its 25% for me. give it +20 hp and itll be fine.

Flag Post

To continue to make the same op cards more op would have been a mistake. This is the right direction, although now 750k-1 million to upgrade a card is a bit outrageous

Flag Post
Originally posted by Gamkom:

“MC5: 50 melee, 80 HP, 30 shield and 40 fortify.
KUK5: 90hp, 40 range, 40 melee, flying.”

I agree with Gnostic85.

signed

Flag Post

Bump for the MC vs RD thread

Flag Post

Nerf stun, its so OP that most players don´t even dare to level up their clam. Do something useful instead of this MC crap.

Flag Post

Stun and Berserk both are crazy OP. Not a coincidence how many people want Clam and Glowrila for obvious reasons.

Disease-Maybe the Game’s worst ability. Maybe make it so if not healed by end of opponent’s turn they lose that amount of health? Right now it is just very boring and extremely situational.

Lots of Cards need reworking before already very strong Epics like MC:

Unhealer- 4 Cost for a 30 HP Mage with Regen??? LOL

Regen in General- Most Regen cards are way too costly (Glumble, Unhealer, Life Giver (only possible viable combo is that + Mush and even then Death Dealer might be the better choice)

Calamity-LOL an Epic that has to be on the front row with 10 Melee, 0 Defensive Ability, and a somewhat situational and low damage ability that can be either cancelled by something like Counter or Dodged 100% by Flight

Flame vs Kami-Look at the 2. Lvl 5 for both is ridiculous. Their difference is Kami for gets 30 Courage vs 30 Demoralize + Stealth + Crystal ability. Amazingly, Kami’s 30 Courage has a higher cost than Flame’s combined 30 Demoralize + Stealth + Crystal Ability!! Also kind of crazy that a Lvl 1 Rare can shut down an entire opposing deck with its ability

Crazy Expensive Epic Equips/Armors. Almost no Epic Equip should cost 5 or 6. A cost of 3 for Epics makes more sense, even if some slight modifications have to be made to them. It isn’t a coincidence that many of the most popular epics are in the 2-4 range.

Flag Post

Just want to put my 2 cents worth on a card which i think needs reviewing as well-bagpipes. Previously when it was 2 cost, many players complained it was too op and this was true, however the suggestion to make it 4 cost, imo at that time was quite overbalanced. In view that this card has a unique status and other unique usables such as m-80 has even dropped in cost as well,should the card cost for bagpipes still be at 4?Of course i may be biased here since i own this card, but im of the opinion that 3 cost is reasonable, so i would like to hear the opinion of others regarding this, i spoke to justanewhand previously and she thought that 3 was reasonable as well.

Flag Post

In my opinion it’s too powerfull to have cost 3. Cost 4 is perfect. Still very good card but not overpowered.

Flag Post

Not sure M-80 should be 3 so that is a bad reference. It is quite difficult to face any deck playing M-80 and judgement.

Flag Post

i dont think its a bad reference to compare it to m-80, given both are quite similar in terms of use, but the situation now has been that m-80 which is widely considered better than pipes even prior to the drop in cost, is now cheaper and more useful than before. Given both cards are considered unique, i can think of a few alternatives to alleviate the situation.
1. make m-80 cost 4- which is difficult since edge uses a point system so if the cost point was tweaked, it would affect other cards as well
2. remove the unique status on pipes-its not a game changer anymore and its quite difficult to play 2 pipes in the deck
3. drop pipe cost to 3-as an alternative to cards such as m-80 but there are camps that feel cost 3 is too little(perhaps both cards having 3.5 cost seems to be more reasonable but unless edge start to implement what lama and bulwahr mentioned in terms of multiplying the card cost by a factor of 10, its not an option yet)

Flag Post

I think the problem lies with the HP increase. Edge quickly decided strike* should be cheaper with the HP increase, which I agree with, but didn’t consider other abilities that are also negatively effected by the HP increase. I think entangle* should also have been cheaper, which could bring bags price down to 3.

Flag Post

Burocraith could use some fixing. A Rare Mage that has to get to lvl 3 before it’s magic even gets up to 20 O_o. Entangle is a nice ability but without good luck is going down to mages with either Wall or Reflect. If Burocraith had higher magic then at least he would be interesting since he could potentially 1 shot if the entangle worked. I just can’t imagine very many people at all spending the time/coins on him over other mage options.

Swordfish. Hope to never draw this card from the pack. A 50-80 Health melee monster with 0 Defensive Abilities and an Ability that only work’s 25% of the time and has the downsides of other melee abilities (can miss vs flying, blocked by 1 cost armor, etc). If the goal is to have him be a decent glass cannon melee then either do something like give him cleave (chance to 1 shot a monster even with armor) or improve crit (higher %, have it ignore armor, etc), or add another ability.